• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest/Dumbest Death You've Had in a Zelda Game?

I think the funniest thing i have seen was watching Bokoblins drown or fall of cliffs in Twilight Princess. I would use the Gale Boomerang to get their attention, then they would come running after me only to die a weird death.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Today, I was playing Wind Waker. In the Dragon Roost Cavern, in the area containing a bridge and two doors high above the main room, I decided that was the part where I need to cut the bridge and fall. I fell into lava, twice, and then realized I was in the incorrect room for that.

I was playing Phantom Hourglass, near the last boss. I was fighting the Ghost Ship. One of my biggest gripes about PH was how curved the cannon shot was. After ST's smooth shots, it leevered the keese out of me. Needless to say, I never mastered it... and the Ghost Ship destroyed the S.S. Line eck bout 15 times. There's more: Just yesterday, on my third play through, he killedme ttwice as many times. I haven't retried that file since.

In Twilight Princess-need I list my crazy array of deaths? In the Lakebed Temple, I reopened a file and drowned at the very beginning. In the very beginning, I was trapped in the sewers and got killed by shadow bugs. In the Goron Mines, I fell into the lava maybe 50 times. Every crazy way to die in that game, I've done. More interesting, perhaps, are my miraculous survivals...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
During SS I was do the side quest to find the dude's sister I was flying around on my Loftwing. I was flying high when I saw her so I jumped down to get her. Short story: Her hero crumpled down in front of her.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I swam too much in TWW.. completely forgot that we had a stamina gauge there. :blank:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I swam too much in TWW.. completely forgot that we had a stamina gauge there. :blank:

Aha! There was a funny death somewhat similar to this for me! I was slashing at the pigs on Windfall Island to reminisce about the whole Cucco Revenge Squad of OoT. I got them so angry, and you know where that one dude with the purple is at near that tombstone-looking-thing? Well, I jumped off that cliff thinking I was safe, but NOPE, CHUCK TESTA! The pig fell on top of me and I died int he water! It was hilarious xD

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
IT'S SO EASY TO DIE PATHETIC DEATHS IN THESE GAMES!!!

I was playing Ocarina of Time 3D today and I had Young Link ready to leave Kakariko to go up Death Mountain. For fun, I angered a cuccoo. (I don't remember only two sword hits doing the job in the original game... 3D doesn't fart around...) I had a flock of cuccoos chasing me and was planning to lead them up / lose them on the Death Mountain trail.

I took a while talking to the guard and showing him Zelda's letter. The cuccoo revenge-squad I'd acquired was on pause the whole time. As soon as the guard stopped talking to me... a cuccoo dealt a death-blow and little Link crumpled in front of the guard!

Serves me right.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
The weird death I had was some kinda glitch. In TP, you could swim in Lake Hylia as a wolf. The thing is, I accidentally got under the bridge connecting to the cannon & land. I said to myself
"Whoa! is this a secret area I've never been too? Cool!". Only until I died & had to start over did I realize that was air gauge on the upper right corner, not a loading gauge.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was playing Ocarina of Time on the GameCube, and I was outside Hyrule Castle. I saved the game, turned off the GameCube, shut off the TV, and went downstairs for a while (the GameCube is in my bedroom). After about an hour I come back up and turn on the TV. And the first thing I see is Ocarina of Time's game over screen. Apparently, I didn't actually turn off the GameCube like I thought I did, and while I was gone, it became night on the field and Stalchildren had killed Link. This is probably the stupidest game over I've ever gotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom