• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funnest video game combat?

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Metal Gear Solid has always been fun, despite not being specifically combat-oriented. It's relatively simple, but still extremely satisfying to pull off. I rely on gun combat in MGS3 more than I did in Twin Snakes, but that might have something to do with the increased emphasis on stealth and the 3DS version not having the most... intuitive controls in the world.
Having adjusted to the controls slightly more, I can say CQC is pretty fun.

In terms of RPGs, Chrono Trigger, the best RPG of all time without question, has really fun combat compared to its drunk cousin Final Fantasy III. However, Paper Mario's action command system is really fun. By extension, I guess I like Super Mario RPG's combat, but I consider Paper Mario the perfection of the concept. I'll even say that I enjoy Color Splash's battle system. No, really, I do. Not to mention the Mario & Luigi series, with Bros. Moves being essentially an action command version of CT's Double and Triple Techs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom