• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fun Stuff in Link's Awakening

There is a screen jump glitch in the no dx version were if you push select right before you change screens ull be in the same spot but on the other screen. Its a great way of traveling if you wanna get stuff early.

So go if you have both bombs and the bow equiped just oush both buttons at the same time for... Bomb Arrows!!! And as we can see TP had bomb arrows are an arrow upgrade, so its a nood to the old glitch.

There are a few game enders if you dont give the chain chomp back to the lady, alougth I've never tried any of them.

You can kill Nightmare in its final form with the boomarang in one hit. When you get the rooster if you throw the boomarang first then pick up the rooster the boomer will fly underneath you until you let go of him.

Just thought I'd share some of the stuff I found out about when I played LA, when it came out all those years ago.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I used to be very dependent on the screen glitch in LA to make my way through the game, until I realized I really couldn't say I beat the game until I finished it for real.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I didn't know about the chain chomp ending thing.. I'll have to try that sometime - do you know what is different about the ending? I didn't know about the final boss boomerang thing either. I did however know about the screen jumping, I did that and found a way to do it on my DX version and ended up completely destroying the game. It's glitched to oblivion now. My file on there has 0 hearts and 999 rupees, and every item was turned into a rocs feather. Also my player is invisible, you can only see his shadow when you jump.

wow thats bad. But the chain chomp thing i mentioned was a glitch were you couldnt continue the game anymore. Like i said though i dont remember where or how, althought i think you have to do the screen jump somewere.

Claire

The Geekette
Yes, I am entirely aware of the glitching in Link's Awakening, although I do not care for it. Glitching can be entertaining to watch, except every now and again (sometimes way too often), you glitch yourself up a screen and realize you have to restart the game because you are now stuck. It is neat though, Tom has been able to get to the Nightmare without ever getting the sword in the beginning by glitching.

Personally, I think that is a neat thing, such as a 3 heart challenge. Although, I think there is too much work and hassle involved in glitching. Although, finding and using glitches are quite neat every now and then.

Start the game with the name as "Zelda" and there will be different overworld music.

linkman8

True and Noble
Start the game with the name as "Zelda" and there will be different overworld music.
Yeah, I loved that music, but I think it only lasts until you get the sword.

I loved doing the screen-jumping glitch, because it was so fun to see just what you'd find if you screen-jumped into the middle of a cave or something. Like other people, I actually cheated un LA a couple of times using the glitch, but I would encourage anyone else NOT to do it, unless you are absolutely sure you're safe. I was doing a second playthrough, and did the screen-jump glitch while Marin was with me, and I ended up stuck on top of a well. Forever.

I used to use the Screen Jump glitch quite often back in the day. The koolest thing I ever done with it was keep Marin with me the entire game, as screen jumping past the walrus dosen't mess anything up at all.

I also used to screen jump inside of any cave, which takes you to a box where you get the L-2 Power Bracelet without having to wait until it's dungeon.

I never got to try the Screen Warp glitch (I only have the DX version), but I do know of another glitch that works in both versions: the Glitch World!

First, go and kill some enemies (different amounts produce different glitch worlds, killing no enemies lands you in Goponga Swamp), then go to Madam MeowMeow's house and wedge yourself in the top-right area of the house, where the house meets Bow Wow's (I think that's her name) kennel. Push yourself up against the wall and gradually inch to the right, until you appear stuck in the right wall. After that, just keep going down (whilst remaining stuck in the wall) until you enter the door. You'll get some weird as places.

Of course, another fun (and easier, providing you have the right items) thing to do is go and burn chickens. :devil:

I never got to try the Screen Warp glitch (I only have the DX version), but I do know of another glitch that works in both versions: the Glitch World!

First, go and kill some enemies (different amounts produce different glitch worlds, killing no enemies lands you in Goponga Swamp), then go to Madam MeowMeow's house and wedge yourself in the top-right area of the house, where the house meets Bow Wow's (I think that's her name) kennel. Push yourself up against the wall and gradually inch to the right, until you appear stuck in the right wall. After that, just keep going down (whilst remaining stuck in the wall) until you enter the door. You'll get some weird as places.

Of course, another fun (and easier, providing you have the right items) thing to do is go and burn chickens. :devil:

I tried this in the DX version, and I couldn't get it to work for me. I have yet to try in the original, but you did mention that it works in both, so I don't know what I am doing wrong.:hmm:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

I've never heard of this, are you sure it isn't fake???
It sounds very suspicious

edit: while searching found these:

Wierd Dungeons
This odd secret allows you to get to an alternate version of the dungeons, complete with walls you can swim through, invisible walls, strange looking enemies, and other oddities. You can even swim off the sides of dungeons into different ones.

You can actually do this as soon as you finish the first dungeon, but you really need the flippers, as you have to swim all over the place.

Go the the boss room of the first dungeon, equip Roc's Feather, and fall down one of the holes in the side. As soon as the screen switches to the side-on view, hold up on the D-Pad and jump using Roc's Feather. If you did this fast enough (and held up... it's necessary for some reason), you'll jump up off the screen into what looks like a room full of impossibly placed locked doors. Move around a bit and you should soon find yourself in a dungeon with the cheat activated. To get back to normal, just enter some stairs.

and this

Level 3 Power Bracelet
There is a way to get a Level 3 Power Bracelet, but it has the same strength as the Level 2 Power Bracelet. It's actually very simple. You first must be inside level 7, Eagle's Tower. Get on top of one of the ledges on the first floor. Now enter a screen at any direction, while doing the Warp Across Screen glitch (pressing select as you enter the screen). If you did it right, you'll be at a location with a treasure chest at the top left of the screen. Walk over to it and open it up. It will look like a regular power bracelet, but when you look in your inventory, it will say L3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom