• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
They never said they think i'm town, they just said they think i'm not scum, due to the lack of evidence.

That's like... the exact same thing. Not scum, means town. Unless you're saying there is a 3rd party? Sorry, unless you're saying THEY think you're a 3rd party.

Let's try something different. Why are you town, Dracomajora (without referring to roles, and PMs, and etc etc that may or may not be true)?

Kirino

Tatakae
That's like... the exact same thing. Not scum, means town. Unless you're saying there is a 3rd party? Sorry, unless you're saying THEY think you're a 3rd party.

Let's try something different. Why are you town, Dracomajora (without referring to roles, and PMs, and etc etc that may or may not be true)?

Why am I town? There really isn't much to prove me as town, and there isn't much of a reason for people to automatically assume i'm town. However, I have also done little to arouse suspicion, and there is little evidence against me. Ultimitely, i'm town because of the PM I was given, but there's no way I can convince you of that, unless I role claim, or give my wincon, which would be a foolish thing to do right now. Because of the town to mafia ratio, there's about a 70% chance anyone with no evidence leaning either way is town. So unless you give some evidence against me, or an actual reason as to why i'm scum, i'm more likely to be town than I am Mafia.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Monkey, I honestly don't know what the hell you're doing. Your reckless behavior is a danger to both the town, and yourself.
Vote: MonkeyFightSquad
Furthermore monkey you have yet to prove to me you aren't scum.

I still have my suspicions on dracomajora.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I don't understand why people are voting Monkey...
I only see two things of note he has done.
1) Vote Dracomajora
2) Vote ALIT after ALIT posted that he (ALIT) wanted to figure out Thareous's role.

How is any of this scummy and/or "detrimental to the town"?

EBDP: Raindrop, can we ask for extensions to the day if enough people agree? Would be nice reaching a majority lynch, rather than just reaching the end of the of day and getting rid of the person with the most votes.

Viral Maze said:
Raindrop, can we ask for extensions to the day if enough people agree?

It's too early to tell if that will be needed but with another two or three days like this with relatively nothing occurring, we may indeed need to probe deeper.

Seems we have another vote for Monkey but I'll leave my FoS as is because there isn't enough evidence to finalize a vote. I agree with TMS that Monkey has some explaining to do.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

2 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie, TheMasterSword)
1 - A Link In Time (MonkeyFightSquad)
1 - Dracomajora (Viral Maze)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes for a majority lynch. The day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET

EBDP: Raindrop, can we ask for extensions to the day if enough people agree? Would be nice reaching a majority lynch, rather than just reaching the end of the of day and getting rid of the person with the most votes.

If enough people want that, then you may. But I've been hearing complaints that the days are too long, and that is the main reason why a lot of people have been dropping out. So we'll have a poll, longer days, shorter days or normal days? Each with the availibility to be able to vote for it being shorter or longer during play.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Let's see... Almost everything yesterday and almost everything today.

Why do you guys think DM is town?

Viral, no offense, but dodgy tactics and unsubstantiated claims do nothing to move the Town forward; it keeps us at a standstill and doesn't help portray your intentions in a beneficial way. If you intend to assist the Town, then by all means please show some specifics on what makes Dracomajora convincingly suspicious. He seems that way to you, so there must be a good reason for that. Anything else can only be taken as you pinning a desired lynch on Draco for the sake of one. There's a very probable chance, circumstantially, that you're a scum who's hunting down an easy target, because frankly your methods give off anything besides legit scumhunting.

I'm going to refrain from voting until you have a chance to explain.

However, there is one thing I'll cast lot on:

Vote: Normal Days - Not too long so as to kill interest and activity, and not too short that we feel pressured to vote without any time for thought.

Pen

The game is on!
I also vote for normal lengths of days. I think that is for the best. I wouldn't mind having it a little longer, but as it's already been pointed out, too long days will reduce the activity. I certainly don't want the day to be any shorter though.

Anyway, my previous list of suspects still stands (which is MFS along with Kybyrian's list of scum). However, neither of my suspicions are strong enough to make me place a vote.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Viral, no offense, but dodgy tactics and unsubstantiated claims do nothing to move the Town forward; it keeps us at a standstill and doesn't help portray your intentions in a beneficial way. If you intend to assist the Town, then by all means please show some specifics on what makes Dracomajora convincingly suspicious. He seems that way to you, so there must be a good reason for that. Anything else can only be taken as you pinning a desired lynch on Draco for the sake of one. There's a very probable chance, circumstantially, that you're a scum who's hunting down an easy target, because frankly your methods give off anything besides legit scumhunting.

I'm going to continue to refrain from posting my reasons (there is a reason why, now is just not the time). It's not helpful, I know, but bare with me. Also, I'm hoping Garo posts in here. He has been online a fair amount (that I've noticed) and has yet to post. I just want an answer to the question I asked him earlier.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't understand why people are voting Monkey...
I only see two things of note he has done.
1) Vote Dracomajora
2) Vote ALIT after ALIT posted that he (ALIT) wanted to figure out Thareous's role.

How is any of this scummy and/or "detrimental to the town"?

It's quite obvious how MFS is suspicious. Also, you're making a huge generalization with that statement. Voting in itself isn't suspicious, but you're completely ignoring the times he voted, his activity, where the people who he voted were at when he voted for them, how heavily they were suspected, ect. First of all, he was completely inactive. Then, he came and voted for me. I was suspected at the time, and he voted for me soon after Garo had stated that he was suspicious of me. He hid in the shadows, and bandwagoned on me. This is what newbie mafia typically do; hide in the shadows and bandwagon. Then, after ALIT's behavior is pointed out, he comes and voted for him. Again, same thing. Lurking in the shadows and bandwagoning on people so they don't get noticed is very common among newbie Mafia member. He fits this description very well, and i'm quite sure MFS is a newb.

It's also easy to see how this behavior is detrimental to the town. Being inactive in itself is very unhelpful to the town, but he has also been voting almost randomly for no reason, and just because people have been suspected. Following the crowd and randomly voting is harmful to the town, especially because he can be easily manipulated by the Mafia.

Also, I'm hoping Garo posts in here. He has been online a fair amount (that I've noticed) and has yet to post. I just want an answer to the question I asked him earlier.

I've noticed that as well. I see Garo looking at this thread often, but not posting.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well right now we need to choose something to do because the day ends in couple days and we're nowhere near deciding on anything. Our choices pretty much amount to this based on what's been happening.

A) Vote for monkey because a few posts that are possibly scum, and very erratic, not to mention his in-activeness, though it's increased slightly.
:cool: Vote for TMS based on Kyby's suspicions, which, let's face it, while good, aren't the best reason to lynch.
C) Vote for Dracomajora for the same reasons as voting TMS
D) Vote Viral Maze for his rather odd, and fairly scummy actions.

If we could get out of voting for someone without needing to vote, then it'd be great for the town, but ultimately wouldn't stop the mafia. Still, I'd like to see if Garo could post in here again and answer Viral's question because he has been on, but he needs to post since he hasn't done so in a while. Depending on his answer, and how Viral responds, my choices might change.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I have been reading the thread but haven't had anything of note to add; I completely missed Viral's question when I was reading through for whatever reason, so apologies for the tardiness of my response.

Which one would you prefer to go after, today?

Of the two I listed, TheMasterSword would be my suggestion over Draco primarily because Wyatt's suspicions of Draco had stemmed by the later part of the day. From my own perspective, both are equally likely to be scum - though admittedly my suspicions are rather minor to moderate at this point - and hence either of them would be a good candidate for pressure from my perspective. But since Wyatt's suspicions of Draco were somewhat curbed in the later day, we would have more cause as a town to pressure TMS.

I still don't think anyone has reached a point where I feel compelled to vote for them. I don't think MonkeyFightSquad is necessarily scummy as much as inexperienced and inactive, but lynching an inactive is usually a fairly safe gesture - even if it turns up town, we haven't lost a particularly useful member of the town because they haven't contributed to discussion, and if it turns up scum, well then that's grand. I don't necessarily think that's enough reason to vote for him now, but if no other targets present themselves that's an avenue we should consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom