• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

be vigitant
My apologies for being inactive. I will try to keep up from now on.

I thought this was interesting, but I'm not sure:

Night of the first day:
Gluttony gladly came over, and watched Ling’s horrified face as he opened his mouth. When Lust whispered to him Ling thought he saw something there, as if she was wearing some sort of mask. It hit him then, but too late as Gluttony dove in and ate him alive. But there was nothing he could do, as he had lost too much energy and blood to shout or anything.
Ling’s last sight was of Lust looking down and smiling evilly. He wanted to shout out her name, what her true identity was, as that was what he saw before. But he was gone, and the image faded away with his life.

I assume the mask means that Lust was disguising herself, but the second thing I bolded to me looks like it indicates Lust is one of the players Ky pinned down as Mafia.

Or I am reading that the wrong way?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I highly doubt DracoMajora is Mafia, i'm almost sure of that, he hasnt done anything exactly to make me believe he is, TheMasterSword may or may not be, he hasnt done anything perticulerly mafia like, he seems just over exuberant, and has made a few rash decions.

MonkeyFightSquad said:
A link in Time, are you sure your not a mafia member. You've endeavored on many things with a lot of depth. VOTE: A LINK IN TIME

Typically Mafia members lurk in the shadows, not post frequently. Posting is the easiest way to make a slip and get scum lynched.

Thareous said:
It's convenient that Alit found a method to add himself on his "those likely following the town" list. Perhaps it might benefit the Town, but it's also a way to keep misgivings away by presenting him as a supporter of the Town. You never can tell.

Using this same logic I could claim it was convenient for Garo to list his action in a prior post as convenient to the town while furtively disguising his Mafia role. As Draco mentioned in an earlier post, I likely wouldn't have voted for Axle if I were mafia because DH had an almost equal number of votes. Acting in the interests of the town, I decided to listen to Ky and alter my vote from DH to Axle because his intuition appeared founded on secure principles.

Darknut_Hunter said:
Both ALIT and Thareous seem to be really ambiguous right now, not making much more than valid statements as to what's going on and logical moves. Believe me I'm for that, but at some point, if either one is Mafia, we'll need to find out.

I'm not sure where this game is headed right now therefore I recap past events trying to make sense of them and observing how they fit into the larger picture.

Rachel said:
the second thing I bolded to me looks like it indicates Lust is one of the players Ky pinned down as Mafia.

Actually, whoever is Lust is still alive. Axle was Sloth and Jedizora was Gluttony, both homunculi and members of the mafia in this game.

Kirino

Tatakae
Typically Mafia members lurk in the shadows, not post frequently. Posting is the easiest way to make a slip and get scum lynched.

Newbie Mafia tend to do that. Better, more experienced Mafia tend to be more active, and post evidence and suspicions to gain the town's trust.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Newbie Mafia tend to do that. Better, more experienced Mafia tend to be more active, and post evidence and suspicions to gain the town's trust.

Which Axle did pretty well since a few of his votes were random and then the others were convinced by Kyby. Kyby had good instincts which is why Im wondering about TMS now...

Fig

The Altruist
Sorry not being here on the first day. I had so much homework and not enough free time. I will read all of the messages for me to he fully updated. I'll post sometime tonight.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Both ALIT and Thareous seem to be really ambiguous right now, not making much more than valid statements as to what's going on and logical moves. Believe me I'm for that, but at some point, if either one is Mafia, we'll need to find out.

Or we're both Town but having somewhat opposing views of each other, but not enough go on for a vote. Then again, we could both be Mafia and try to play off each other without really gathering suspicions from everyone else. Both alternatives make sense when you stop and think about it, but our playstyles apparently haven't achieved suspicion.

Thareous is casting an FoS on both Dracomajora and TMS. While this could just be his opinion on both, it could mafia tactics for skewing our view of his opinion it, either one is mafia, or neither are mafia. Either way, it may be possible to tell if he votes. Or, and this is going out on a limb here, he could be part of a cult, though if he was, I doubt he'd be wanting people to die since he would want to recruit them.

As soon as I spot a concrete slip-up with no possible justifications, I will vote. But thus far we've all been playing it pretty close to the chest. Many of us don't seem to be trusting anyone, unless a person is playing positively for the Town. Not to mention that there are many inactives who have rarely appeared since Day 1, and there is always the possibility of scum hiding within them. Maybe even the Godfather.

Using this same logic I could claim it was convenient for Garo to list his action in a prior post as convenient to the town while furtively disguising his Mafia role. As Draco mentioned in an earlier post, I likely wouldn't have voted for Axle if I were mafia because DH had an almost equal number of votes. Acting in the interests of the town, I decided to listen to Ky and alter my vote from DH to Axle because his intuition appeared founded on secure principles.

Yeah, that is a sound approach to the scenario that Kybyrian presented. I kinda wonder if he knew ahead of time who was scum (although to a limited number), since his character role was Ling Yao, who was overtaken by Greed later on in the anime. Between Link and Greed's knowledge, they might've apperceived already a few numbers of the Mafia. However, we're still not sure if the game is canon or not, despite there being hints and insinuations all around us; coincidences in the least.

Anyhow, I was looking over some older chats and noticed this...

A personal desire of mine is to uncover more about Thareous's role. He's remaining rather ambiguous right now more so than probably anyone else in this game.

Why exactly do are you interested in knowing my role, enough to consider it a personal desire? Inspecting that wording alone makes it seem that you wish to know more about me. And that is a fair askance...except for the fact that you deem it personal. You see, it shouldn't be desired to such an intimate degree unless you planned on setting me up for something. It's very rare for someone to want to know a role simply for the sake of knowing it. No, in this game there is no room for such things, and the slightest oddity gives way to an artifice. Therefore, I can't help but wonder at your intrigue. Why do want to know my role, unless you're intending on setting me up?

-E.E.

Thareous said:
You see, it shouldn't be desired to such an intimate degree unless you planned on setting me up for something. It's very rare for someone to want to know a role simply for the sake of knowing it. No, in this game there is no room for such things, and the slightest oddity gives way to an artifice. Therefore, I can't help but wonder at your intrigue. Why do want to know my role, unless you're intending on setting me up?

No, no, Thareous. Rest assured that I'm not setting you up. My desires mirror DH's. I'm merely unsure where you're going and have made few concrete moves thus far in this game. Your posts are completely valid but your play style appears to be moderate, not overly sympathizing with the town or emitting a scum vibe. Yes, I probably should not have included the word "personally" in my post but I'd prefer if this didn't devolve into a semantics argument.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Or we're both Town but having somewhat opposing views of each other, but not enough go on for a vote. Then again, we could both be Mafia and try to play off each other without really gathering suspicions from everyone else. Both alternatives make sense when you stop and think about it, but our playstyles apparently haven't achieved suspicion.

As soon as I spot a concrete slip-up with no possible justifications, I will vote. But thus far we've all been playing it pretty close to the chest. Many of us don't seem to be trusting anyone, unless a person is playing positively for the Town. Not to mention that there are many inactives who have rarely appeared since Day 1, and there is always the possibility of scum hiding within them. Maybe even the Godfather.
No, no, Thareous. Rest assured that I'm not setting you up. My desires mirror DH's. I'm merely unsure where you're going and have made few concrete moves thus far in this game. Your posts are completely valid but your play style appears to be moderate, not overly sympathizing with the town or emitting a scum vibe. Yes, I probably should not have included the word "personally" in my post but I'd prefer if this didn't devolve into a semantics argument.

Honestly mine are the same way for both of you. I don't think ALIT is bad because of the vote for Axle and the fact that he did jump around on it but settled on voting against Axle, who turned out to be scum. Overall it was his reasoning that led him to that choice.

Thar, It's not that I don't trust you at all, but rather that I'm suspicious of what I don't know. I know that that's what this game induces in players, and I'm no different. I'm fairly sure, about 90% so, that ALIT isn't mafia, but that still has me on edge just because I don't know his role. Same with you. Either way, I think working together and analyzing other aspects of the current shape of the game would serve us all better in the long run.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

1 - A Link In Time (MonkeyFightSquad)

with 18 alive it takes 10 votes for a majority lynch. Day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET.

Pen

The game is on!
I must say that, apart from the four "Kybyrian-suspects", I've now become very suspicious of MomkeyFightSquad. He's only written here tree times so far and none of his posts have made much sense. He started with this:

Lets not have another Doctor Who Mafia game. That was inactive for a month.

Well, doesn't seem to me like he's been trying to do anything about it himself...

Anyway, he also posted this on day 1:

I'm leaving to go to tennessee tomorrow. I will be inactive. Vote:Dracomjora.

And this on day 2:

A link in Time, are you sure your not a mafia member. You've endeavored on many things with a lot of depth. VOTE: A LINK IN TIME

Seriously, what is this? One post in which he says that he doesn't want the game to become inactive (he does nothing to prevent it). Then two more posts where just votes without any good evidence whatsoever (if any at all).

Sure, Monkey, you said on November 19th that you were going to Tennessee for a while, but apparently you were back on December 3rd (at the latest). So, I think you should have had the time by now to come up with a more reasonable post. To me you look quite scummy...

IGMEOY: TheMasterSword, GaroXicon, Linkdude74, Dracomajora, MonkeyFightSquad

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Hey, I'm the new pick up. Read pretty much everything- it's all rather confusing.
So, I'm going to sit back and watch for a bit, see how this plays out, but...

IGMEOY: A_Link_In_Time and Thareous. There's too much back in forth between you too lately. I don't really trust it.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I must say that, apart from the four "Kybyrian-suspects", I've now become very suspicious of MomkeyFightSquad. He's only written here tree times so far and none of his posts have made much sense. He started with this:

Well, doesn't seem to me like he's been trying to do anything about it himself...

And this on day 2:

Seriously, what is this? One post in which he says that he doesn't want the game to become inactive (he does nothing to prevent it). Then two more posts where just votes without any good evidence whatsoever (if any at all).

Sure, Monkey, you said on November 19th that you were going to Tennessee for a while, but apparently you were back on December 3rd (at the latest). So, I think you should have had the time by now to come up with a more reasonable post. To me you look quite scummy...

I was thinking the same thing about monkey. Why in the world would he do that, not to mention his post was so random and out of the blue. Off all the people, ALIT is one of the people I least expect. If he's trying to attract attention, then he's starting to get it. The only thing Im scared of is having a bomb in this game.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I gotta agree that MFS some very suspicious posts there and so I also have my eye on him as well. Please come on here and post MFS.

In other news, yay for dead mafia!

I also agree that thar and ALIT have a bit too much back and forth going on, but this could be due to lack of activity around here (and I'm guilty of contributing to that.)

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Hey, I'm the new pick up. Read pretty much everything- it's all rather confusing.
So, I'm going to sit back and watch for a bit, see how this plays out, but...

IGMEOY: A_Link_In_Time and Thareous. There's too much back in forth between you too lately. I don't really trust it.
That would mean only one of them are scum. Unless they are doing it do throw us off track.

And this on day 2:

I haven't had much time to be on lately, or to go through every single post. I will be more active now, since my play is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom