• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm not sure we have a "Cult" or "Clan" or whatever you guys want to call it in this game, but that's an assumption based on the size. If we do, then we need to figure them out too, obviously.

Now, considering Axle's lynch and Jedizora's death, I'd venture a guess that the game, since it began with 21, that it began with about 6 or 7 mafia. I'd go with six since a normal game is usually 3:1, town to mafia, but this might be 2:1, town to mafia. Either way, we aren't out of the woods.

Now I'm not sure how he managed it, but Kybyrian pegged 2 mafia members right off the bat, something that I haven't seen in any game I've played. Clearly they planned an NK for him when he picked out 2 scum on day one. I'm not surprised to see him killed cause of that, but it means we lost one of our most valuable people.

Jedizora's death is also interesting. I'm guessing a Vigilante kill on him, which means that Vig headed Kybyrian's instructions.

I still have a couple of people who I've got under my microscope, but it's definitely too early to call a vote on anyone just yet. Wait for a couple more posts and then see where we stand.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I apologize for being inactive, really. Well, I'm back. First things first:

Are you accusing me for being someone else? You don't even have solid and much evidence, just like what Draco said. If it's true, then where is your proof? Your assuming I'm Mei Chang because I was just very inactive.

I am still keeping an eye in people here, so no votes for me yet.
Lol.
You obviously made assumptions on an assumption. Never once did I say My reasoning was your in activeness. You should be glad I view you as a vanilla townie. It was an assumption, and quite frankly im shocked that you are defending a positive comment on your behalf. I have no idea why you'd do that, and it makes no sense what so ever.
FoS: Violet

Originally Posted by TheMasterSword
A vanilla townie that I see for sure is Violet, and I'm assuming she's Mei Chang.
He somehow manages to find Violet's role. How? He gives no evidence. He couldn't possibly know, Violet's been very inactive. I don't think she's made a single post relating to the actual events of the games, only RVS and the first 3 or so pages. What's ridiculous, is that he accuses me of making assumptions without any ground to place it on, when his claim about Violet is just an assumption with absolutely no ground to place it on.
I clearly stated I was ASSUMING so. I stated my assumptions, and that makes me suspicious? Also I find It odd that you follow Kybyrian like his pet, as if he were a god to you. However, I will admit that his predictions of Mafia have been coerrect thus far, however if we are following kybyrian, then we have a variety of choices to choose from, and you yourself are included.

Dracomajora - Of course you can all refer back to my pushing for Axle/Draco near the beginning of the game to get what I know on Draco, but it's mostly been a thing of "Axle and Draco are two peas in a pod." I haven't gotten much suspicious activity from Draco asides from that, though, so I'm wondering if I can't be wrong on that. I'd say cop would have a good target in Draco tonight.

Jedizora - An inactive, and the only inactive in which I have some feeling of true scum about. Inactives, either way you look at it, are detrimental to the townies, even if they're townie. With inactives, it's utterly impossible to derive their affiliation, which is why they say that inactives truly do ruin a game, as it's absolutely impossible to tell them apart from the scum. I have some previous observations on Jedizora on other pages, and, the way I look at it, we would doubly benefit by having him killed tonight. Good vig target.

GaroXicon - More of a gut feeling than anything. At the beginning of the game he almost seemed like the perfect townie, but then it started to become a bit suspicious. He wasn't truly doing anything. He had this eerie neutral standing to him that almost made him seem the perfectly cautious townie, but then his actions strayed a little towards the end of the day here when all hell started breaking loose. The way he's been leaning leads me to believe he's scum.

TheMasterSword (#121) - I started thinking later in the day here, maybe he didn't react because there's no real threat. If GaroXicon is indeed scum as I believe him to be, then TMS would have had no reason to feel threatened or respond to his FoS. This and the fact he's lain low and even voted for a shorter day at the beginning of the game until some heat came down against voting for a shorter day lead me to believe he's also scum. Also reinforces my feelings against Garo somewhat.

So, he suspected you as well, and since I suspected you you want to defend yourself, which is perfectly logical. However look at the big picture! There are other people who we could vote on, and some more likely than others. Garo is extremely experienced, so the chances of him being Mafia and being damn good at it are HIGH. FoS: GaroXicon
Now, for safety's sake, this is an ASSUMPTION.

FOS: Jedizora
Coming in and voting for Durion was odd, and I'm surprised he hasn't changed his vote. However, as far as I know he's a lurker, and that's his play style. So we'll see how things progress
I was really finding a difficult time choosing between you and Jedizora to vote for, and I almost voted Jedi. However, I voted for you because I believed at that time that voting for an inactive would seem suspicious and illogical, however in every mafia game I have played, Jedi has had a big role (whether it'd be positive or negative). Furthermore, his play style just smelled scum. Guess what happened, he WAS scum. So if my gut instinct there was right, what's to say my gut instinct here won't be right?

I'll just do the vote tally one last time today and then come back to end the day.

6 - Axle the Beast (PokaLink, Violet, Durion, Kybyrian, Darknut_Hunter, A Link In Time)
5 - Darknut_Hunter (Axle the Beast, Pendio, GaroXicon, Dracomajora, GirlWithAFairy)
1 - Durion (Jedizora)
1 – Dracomajora (MonkeyFightSquad)

11 votes needed for a majoraty lynch. Day ends on 11/24/12 at 11:00PM ET.
Notice who you voted for, and who you pushed so hard for this round. Darknut_Hunter (who I'm assuming may be a serial killer or a cop, which are both benificial to the town if used correctly, and so far whoever this person is is doing his job right.)
Now, notice who else voted for him. Two of the other people for voted darknut (Axle and Garo) have either been proven mafia by lynch (as with axle) or suspected as mafia (by ky). Now Once again, Kybyrian also suspected you, and solely on the basis of kybyrian's suspicion (the basis you have shown me as well), then what's the odds of scum voting the same person? High. They want to get rid of somebody, and they go for someone who has a fair ammount of votes from the other people to vote on, to ease supicion on another member (in this case, Axle.) Either you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or I'm right in my suspicions against you.
Now, I'm not voting for you quite yet, I want your defense, but I think it neccesary I do this:
FoS: DracoMajora

EBWODP:

I'm not sure we have a "Cult" or "Clan" or whatever you guys want to call it in this game, but that's an assumption based on the size. If we do, then we need to figure them out too, obviously.

Now, considering Axle's lynch and Jedizora's death, I'd venture a guess that the game, since it began with 21, that it began with about 6 or 7 mafia. I'd go with six since a normal game is usually 3:1, town to mafia, but this might be 2:1, town to mafia. Either way, we aren't out of the woods.

Now I'm not sure how he managed it, but Kybyrian pegged 2 mafia members right off the bat, something that I haven't seen in any game I've played. Clearly they planned an NK for him when he picked out 2 scum on day one. I'm not surprised to see him killed cause of that, but it means we lost one of our most valuable people.

Jedizora's death is also interesting. I'm guessing a Vigilante kill on him, which means that Vig headed Kybyrian's instructions.

I still have a couple of people who I've got under my microscope, but it's definitely too early to call a vote on anyone just yet. Wait for a couple more posts and then see where we stand.

JUst to add on to what darknut said, maybe there were more than 2 mafia members, and they really needed to take him out?

Kirino

Tatakae
I clearly stated I was ASSUMING so. I stated my assumptions, and that makes me suspicious? Also I find It odd that you follow Kybyrian like his pet, as if he were a god to you. However, I will admit that his predictions of Mafia have been coerrect thus far, however if we are following kybyrian, then we have a variety of choices to choose from, and you yourself are included.

Stating your assumptions isn't suspicious. Giving no evidence or reasons as to why you're making those assumptions is. Most of your assumptions seem like they came from nowhere, and you have no evidence to back them up. They're completely baseless. And me? Following Ky like a god? HUGE exaggeration. I seldom listen to assumptions, but Ky has really proven himself. He has managed to pinpoint 2 scum, with very little to work with. Not to mention, he is a confirmed town, and made a post telling us not to forget his suspicions after he died. We would all be wise to listen to him. The chances are high that some of the people who Ky have suspcected are scum. I'm simply following his advice. And I may be suspected as well, but Ky was least suspicious of me out of all of his other suspicions. His only reason was because I defended Axle, which was only logical considering he had almost no evidence against him.

So, he suspected you as well, and since I suspected you you want to defend yourself, which is perfectly logical. However look at the big picture! There are other people who we could vote on, and some more likely than others. Garo is extremely experienced, so the chances of him being Mafia and being damn good at it are HIGH. FoS: GaroXicon

That makes no sense. If anything, the fact that he's more experienced is a reason not to lynch him.

I was really finding a difficult time choosing between you and Jedizora to vote for, and I almost voted Jedi. However, I voted for you because I believed at that time that voting for an inactive would seem suspicious and illogical, however in every mafia game I have played, Jedi has had a big role (whether it'd be positive or negative). Furthermore, his play style just smelled scum. Guess what happened, he WAS scum. So if my gut instinct there was right, what's to say my gut instinct here won't be right?

So? Just because you happened to be right once, I doubt you'd be right again.

Notice who you voted for, and who you pushed so hard for this round. Darknut_Hunter (who I'm assuming may be a serial killer or a cop, which are both benificial to the town if used correctly, and so far whoever this person is is doing his job right.)
Now, notice who else voted for him. Two of the other people for voted darknut (Axle and Garo) have either been proven mafia by lynch (as with axle) or suspected as mafia (by ky). Now Once again, Kybyrian also suspected you, and solely on the basis of kybyrian's suspicion (the basis you have shown me as well), then what's the odds of scum voting the same person? High. They want to get rid of somebody, and they go for someone who has a fair ammount of votes from the other people to vote on, to ease supicion on another member (in this case, Axle.) Either you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or I'm right in my suspicions against you.
Now, I'm not voting for you quite yet, I want your defense, but I think it neccesary I do this:
FoS: DracoMajora

Let me get this straight. You're on the verge of voting me just because I voted for DH and so did Axle, and because Ky suspected me? These are the same thing: my supposed "partnership" with Axle. I have explained this over and over again, and this is a very weak reason to vote for me. I have constantly explained my actions and reasons for defending Axle. Instead of explaining myself for the 352nd time, how about you just look at my previous posts?

Just because I voted for the same person as Axle, doesn't mean i'm scum. By that logic, GWAF and Pendio are also scum. Also, Ky suspected me the least out of everyone. I also see the same random, nonsensical assumption making in this post too. The whole point of Mafia is assuming, but so is giving evidence and reasons to support your assumptions. You haven't done the latter at all. You're just making baseless assumptions, which is suspicious. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you do that. I stand by what I said, and this post gives me even more of a reason to vote for you. Your reasons for voting for me are also very weak. There are far more suspicious people out there. Such as yourself. Actually, are the evidence against me is pretty weak and baseless. And all of it is because I defended Axle, which I have already explained, and was the best course of action. If you see what is a baseless lynch, what would you do?

A.) Try to stop the baseless lynch.

B.) Do nothing.

C.) Go along with the baseless lynch.

The obvious answer is A, and it's exactly what I did.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Just because I voted for the same person as Axle, doesn't mean i'm scum. By that logic, GWAF and Pendio are also scum.[...]

Interesting that you should mention that, because it reminded me of Pendio's response to the bandwagon which Axle tried to push against DH. It was stuck right between both of Axle's posts, as if cleverly placed to not draw too much attention, yet furtively presenting Axle's ambitions to lynch DH in his stead. Pendio might have been going along with a plan that Axle developed, or was convinced as a Townie that Axle was innocent, despite the shady circumstances beneath it. Either way, I'm only saying we should keep an eye on him.

I haven't been able to pinpoint Fairygirl's place in this game yet, but she appears to be playing on an individual basis, which to me is the marker of Townie activity. I'll keep an eye on her posts.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Although i woudnt like to do this i dont believe TheMasterSword could be Mafia, otherwise he would most likely have marked her as mafia, more likely he was just having fun and guessing at random, however my eyes avert to DarknutHunter, as there is no good evidence yet i shall wait until something more revelaing happens. Good job guys! We have already killed 2 mafia, i'm completly suprised that the random lynching killed a Mafia, know we can only hope for the best ahead of us :)

Pen

The game is on!
Wow, Kybyrian's gut feelings really are accurate! That was spectacular! Too bad he's dead now though... Yesterday I really couldn't trust him entirely (and with good reason). Now however, knowing he was town, of course I trust him and will certainly check back at his posts and see who he suspected, other than Axle and Jedizora.

Apparently he was most suspicious of GaroXicon, TheMasterSword and Dracomajora, as well as Linkdude74. Sadly we have no good evidence for any of these players, except for some on TheMasterSword given by Dracomajora. I will keep an eye on all of these four for now, but I will of course also keep in mind that not all of them necessarily are scum. Dracomajora is probably the least scummy one out of the four (in my opinion that is).

Interesting that you should mention that, because it reminded me of Pendio's response to the bandwagon which Axle tried to push against DH. It was stuck right between both of Axle's posts, as if cleverly placed to not draw too much attention, yet furtively presenting Axle's ambitions to lynch DH in his stead. Pendio might have been going along with a plan that Axle developed, or was convinced as a Townie that Axle was innocent, despite the shady circumstances beneath it. Either way, I'm only saying we should keep an eye on him.

I was not cooperating with Axle, and neither was I convinced that he was innocent. As I couldn't know his role I suggested it'd be good to let him live for a bit (incase he was town), and then kill him later before the game ended (incase he was scum). Naturally I'm glad he's dead now, considering his role and his skill in Mafia.

And when I'm at it, I apologize to Darknut_Hunter for yesterdays accusations. I just thought you were playing quite scummy, and weirdly. Now that we know Axle's true identity, my suspicions for you are gone.

IGMEOY: TheMasterSword, GaroXicon, Linkdude74 (and maybe Dracomajora as well)

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Just because I voted for the same person as Axle, doesn't mean i'm scum. By that logic, GWAF and Pendio are also scum.

I donno about Pendio. I havent had a chance to analize him yet. But Kyby was pretty spot on with everything he said. He was dead set on lynching Axle and he knew that he was going to get offed when night fell. So Imma go back and read Kybys posts again and touch back when Ive had more thought.

I'd say 7 mafia in total, since there are 7 deadly sins and then Father himself. I know that adds up to 8 but I'd guess that if Greed is used he won't be mafia due to the fact that he kept disobeying Father.

TheMasterSword said:
Now Once again, Kybyrian also suspected you, and solely on the basis of kybyrian's suspicion (the basis you have shown me as well), then what's the odds of scum voting the same person? High. They want to get rid of somebody, and they go for someone who has a fair ammount of votes from the other people to vote on, to ease supicion on another member (in this case, Axle.

I honestly have to disagree with this. Unless with have a group of very new players as the Mafia, I don't think that they would be stupid enough to place a third mafia vote against the same person. Honestly, I'd say it's at least as likely, if not more so, that one of the mafia would place a vote against Axle towards the end of the day knowing that he was doomed.

As for Kybyrian managing to point out two mafia members, I don't think anyone should start to assume that he was right about anyone else he pointed out, it's happened on this site before and it ended up backfiring for several games after.

Darknut_Hunter said:

Thus far this game strikes me as very faithful to the anime. As Durion maintained above, assuming there are seven Mafia members, I'd reckon whoever's Greed initiated the cult and has slowly recruited members.

TheMasterSword said:
You obviously made assumptions on an assumption. Never once did I say My reasoning was your in activeness. You should be glad I view you as a vanilla townie. It was an assumption, and quite frankly im shocked that you are defending a positive comment on your behalf. I have no idea why you'd do that, and it makes no sense what so ever.
FoS: Violet

I don't necessarily believes she finds you suspicious but is a little dazed after not being active for so long. Violet's merely trying to get her act together.

TheMasterSword said:
Garo is extremely experienced, so the chances of him being Mafia and being damn good at it are HIGH. FoS: GaroXicon

Assumption or not, I wouldn't peg him as Mafia. Yes, Axle and Jedizora-both experienced players-were Mafia but that doesn't mean everyone with experience is Mafia. If that was the case, I'd FoS Durion, Garo, and Thareous immediately.

Linkdude hasn't been too active and since he's on Kybyrian's gut feeling list I'll keep my eye on him.

IGMEOY: Linkdude74

Garo

Boy Wonder
Well, sad to see Kybyrian dead, though it's wholly unsurprising given that he managed to not only push through a lynch on Axle, put also pinpoint the Mafia strongman as a vigilante target. He was a tremendous asset and we are much weaker for having lost him.

Regarding his suspicions of me, there's not much I have to say other than that's basically the way I've always played - I'm always loathe to cast a vote until I am confident that the death of the person I vote for will be beneficial to the town either by causing the death of a scum member or causing the death of a player who has been playing dangerously to the detriment of the town, scum or not. However, I also am a staunch advocate against no lynches, as they are in almost every case bad for the town. So as the day drags on and gets closer to a deadline , my confidence threshold for a vote slides downward a bit in the interest of actually doing something instead of giving the mafia a free pass for the day. His perception that I wasn't actually "doing anything" seems mostly founded on my hesitance to vote for anybody in the early goings, and then my ultimate vote for Darknut after continued suspicious activity seemed to trigger suspicions. Other than what I said above, I don't really have anything else to say about that.

Regarding Darknut, I no longer think that he should be lynched - not, mind you, because I think he is any less scummy (or any more scummy), but simply because we have more clear avenues of discussion to pursue now that we have lynch and night kill information to discuss. I'm still watching you carefully, but for the moment you are neither a serious threat in my eyes nor a player so dangerous that they should be lynched, particularly since your (what I would term) erratic behavior yesterday DID in fact contribute to the lynching of a mafia member.

In moving forward, while I do think Ky's track record this game so far merits a bit of scrutiny on those that he accused. That said, we also shouldn't go so far as to suspect any and everybody who didn't vote for Axle / who did vote for Darknut. There needs to be a more compelling reason than "he voted for the same person that a scum did!" or "he didn't vote for a scum!" to accuse someone of being scum.

Right now I think our best suspects are the four people still alive that Kybyrian named: myself, Dracomajora, TheMasterSword, and Linkdude-I-forget-the-number. Hopefully, a cop in our midst took Kybyrian's advice and investigated if not Draco, as he suggested specifically, one of the four listed here. I would advise the cop NOT come forward, at least not at present, as even though the mafia lost their strongman and a doctor could protect you, it is an unnecessary risk to your life, and losing the cop on the second day would not bode well for our chances. So to the cop out there: please don't come forward unless absolutely necessary, but use your newfound knowledge to hopefully steer discussion a certain way as best you can without incriminating yourself or revealing yourself to the scum.

My suggested course of action would be to pressure either TheMasterSword or Dracomajora, since their brief spat earlier in Day 2 seems to suggest that they are of different alignments. However, I think that since my name is up for consideration it would be improper to suggest a specific person to pursue, so I defer completely to the town in terms of where the pressure should be placed first - and that includes upon myself. If the town decides it would like to pressure me, I will do my best to address your concerns as you wish.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well now, seems like we have more to work with. Let's get cracking.

TMS - Honestly I'm not getting a scum vibe from him. I've played as a mafia member with him before and this isn't the way he played. Of course that doesn't mean much because for all I know he's changed his play style. I know what Kybyrian said, but I'm going to hold off for now.

Dracomajora - I know that your vote for me was, as you claim, the most logical choice, but your style still seems adversarial. Still, considering the fact that you and TMS are at each others throats, despite Kybyrian's guess, one of you has to be good, and one bad. Again, I'll wait.

Garo - You've got a slight edge to you, but it's not much. Overall I'm suspicious, but not overly so.

PokaLink - I doubt you are scum since you did vote for Axle, but you didn't support much of a reason to point at me. It logically doesn't make sense because we both voted a lynch on the same person. My guess is you are just misinformed, but your inactivity strikes me as odd. If you're inactive, but not mafia, I'd almost venture a guess as to say, cult.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Violet has stepped out of the game, and is being replaced by Viral Maze.

Day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00 PM ET.

9 votes needed for a majoraty lynch.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Oops, sorry Darknut Hunter, didnt see you had also voted for Axle, i'm much less suspicious, the reason i was inactive was because my computer broke, and then in the beggining i didnt want to jump the gun, anyway my suspicous avert to the people that were trying to kill you, strikes me odd so many would bandwagon on you, espiecely since we already know that one was Mafia, but from know on i'm going to pay attention and probably get a better idea of whats been going on :)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Like Raindrop said, I'm replacing Violet.
I'll try to catch up on the thread by tomorrow and post something more constructive then.

Kirino

Tatakae
strikes me odd so many would bandwagon on you, especially since we already know that one was Mafia

If you're talking about Axle, we didn't know he was scum. Nobody did. He had little evidence against him. It was just as, if not more, foolish to bandwagon against Axle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom