• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
It's already been explained why asking for a shorter day is suspicious. You asked for it not one, but three times. You persistence is what's suspicious. Also, those who want to shorten the day could wwant Axle dead, and you were campaigning for it even when the thread was active. Shortening the day is a bad move for the town. What makes you stand out above the rest is that you pushed so hard, even when the game was active, and the fact that you were being aggresive and accusing your accusers. This had been explained. And no. I doubt you would have had the foresight to notice that that could be considered suspicious.

I understand that. I've already acknowledged this fact.

Who cares if the day ends tomorrow? That doesn't make it any less suspicious. Right now, it's effectively a toss up between you or Axle for who we should lynch, and you are the better choice. While you may not have much evidence on you, Axle has even less. In fact, Axle has practically no evidence against him, while you do. That alone should make you a better lynching candidate, but there's more. Axle's an excellent mafia player. Lynching him is a big risk. It's not a very big risk voting for you. Also, even if you do end up being townie, you aren't being very helpful anyways with your playstyle.

I never said it made it less suspicious, but the whole matter of this being your only defense seems weak at this point. I've already acknowledged that it's suspicious.

Axle isn't just experienced. He's probably the best Mafia player on the site. If he's a townie, he could really help us. Lynching him is a risky move. Especially with the major lack of evidence. Axle is better than you. That much is obvious. I'd rather be safe then lynch an experienced player because Ky said so even though he didn't provide evidence. Better safe than sorry.

He's a better choice based on the only evidence you have: commenting on a shorter day.

Of course I wouldn't be fine with it. Nobody would. What's your point? And you seem to be misunderstanding this. This is not a reason to lynch you, but it is a reason why you possibly ending up as a dead town won't be as bad.

So it's not a reason to lynch me, but, considering again that your only evidence is weak, you're going to vote anyway

I've already stated before why I thought Axle was scum and it's not just cause he voted for me. When he voted, he made clear his intentions of wanting a hammer vote to end the day.

If you guys want to end the day, then maybe vote? Start a bandwagon and hammer to get a majority lynch if you want things to move so bad. Commit to something. Noncommittal posts are scummy.

Again in this same post he voted for me. It's a subtle move, but it's intent is clear.

And I'll say it again, if I die from a lynch and either and inactive or important player besides Axle gets NKed, then the evidence will point to Axle or someone associated with him. If nobody is lynched and I'm NKed, then, again, it'll be obvious. If Axle is lynched and is town, then that will be reason to come for my head, though all it would do is leave us with one less town. In the end, it's gonna be a hard choice to make, and I don't want to die, because every town has value.

Kirino

Tatakae
He's a better choice based on the only evidence you have: commenting on a shorter day. So it's not a reason to lynch me, but, considering again that your only evidence is weak, you're going to vote anyway

I already explained this. It's not just voting for a shorter day. It's the time, persistency, and way you did it that's suspicious. Also your aggresive behavior and accusing accusors. There's a decent amount of evidence against you. You are still the most suspicious person, and that's why i'm voting you. It's a bad idea not to lynch someone on the first day. First, it gives the mafia a free kill, and having no lynch on the first day will limit town disscussion on subsequent days, which is a bad thing for the town. You are more suspicious, we need to lynch someone, and you are a safer target.

I've already stated before why I thought Axle was scum and it's not just cause he voted for me. When he voted, he made clear his intentions of wanting a hammer vote to end the day.Again in this same post he voted for me. It's a subtle move, but it's intent is clear.

These two posts explain it quite well.

Would you rather I scummily not vote and remain noncommittal all day? :P Forgive me but I'm going to vote for who bothers me regardless of whether I'm under pressure or not.

Regarding your statement about DH... yeah you're damn right I want people to lynch him over me. I don't want to die, and I think he's scummy. Do the math.

All the evidence against Axle is very weak. That includes your suspiciouns. Axle has defended himself very well, and all the evidence makes little sense. It's a toss up between you and Axle, and because of obvious reasons i've just stated and have stated numerous times before, i'm sure as hell not voting for Axle now. We need to lynch somebody, and you are the best candidate. There are many things that put you above Axle.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

6 - Axle the Beast (PokaLink, Violet, Durion, Kybyrian, Darknut_Hunter, A Link In Time)
4 - Darknut_Hunter (Axle the Beast, Pendio, GaroXicon, Dracomajora)
1 – Violet (GirlWithAFairy)
1 - Durion (Jedizora)
1 – Dracomajora (MonkeyFightSquad)

11 votes needed for a majoraty lynch. Day ends on 11/24/12 at 11:00PM ET.

Darknut_Hunter appears obsessive on the point of shortening the day. Unlike Axle he has a clear controversial position. While the deadline to shorten the day has passed, DH appears unable to explain himself effectively. Not sure why he's coining Axle's vote a "hammer vote" when he clearly had some solid evidence. Of course Axle doesn't want to die on Day One either, no one does. His experience could be a valuable town asset. Next day we should keep a close eye on Axle and Kybyrian.

Unvote
Vote: Darknut_Hunter

This will put the vote at a 5-5 tie between Axle and DH. Let's see how it unfolds from there.

Kirino

Tatakae
Darknut_Hunter appears obsessive on the point of shortening the day. Unlike Axle he has a clear controversial position. While the deadline to shorten the day has passed, DH appears unable to explain himself effectively. Not sure why he's coining Axle's vote a "hammer vote" when he clearly had some solid evidence. Of course Axle doesn't want to die on Day One either, no one does. His experience could be a valuable town asset. Next day we should keep a close eye on Axle and Kybyrian.

Unvote
Vote: Darknut_Hunter

This will put the vote at a 5-5 tie between Axle and DH. Let's see how it unfolds from there.

Two of the votes on Axle are random anyways, and one was to put pressure. Also, does anyone know what happens in the case of a tie?

Kybyrian

You guys are acting like idiots

ebwodp

Axle, Jedizora, GaroxIcon, TheMasterSword, and Dracomajora.

At least 80% of them are scum. Guarantee it. Hopefully this doesn't fall on deaf ears. By the way things are you going you may as well be doomed anyway, though.

Plus another one of the inactives.

Last edited:
Wyatt, you're not going to earn our trust by calling us idiots.

TheMasterSword and Jedizora aren't active enough for me to form an opinion whereas your calls on Garo and Draco appear premature.

I'm not casting a formal finger of suspicion just yet but if you act this impulsively next day affirmative action may be required.

Kybyrian

A Link In Time said:
Wyatt, you're not going to earn our trust by calling us idiots.

TheMasterSword and Jedizora aren't active enough for me to form an opinion whereas your calls on Garo and Draco appear premature.

I'm not casting a formal finger of suspicion just yet but if you act this impulsively next day affirmative action may be required.

I've tried hard enough, I've pretty much exhausted everything I can at this point, and yet people continue to become unconvinced and jump on Axle's last attempt at saving himself in the Darknut_Hunter accusation. The guy is definitely scum, no doubt about that. I'll likely be killed tonight, but it hardly matters. Would have been worth if it if Axle were at least lynched. I feel like you'll be too far behind after this now, though. I'm Ling Yao, a Vanilla Townie. Not an important role, so you don't lose too much if I die tonight. Hopefully you'll at least be able to retain the wisdom in the list I gave you.

I realize my frequent unvoting may cause me to appear scummy but I believe your words especially since you opted to reveal your role. It's been a rather intense random voting stage and the information we've gleaned appears believable.

Unvote
Vote: Axle the Beast

Here we go with gridlock again. 5 votes for both Axle and Darknut_Hunter.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'll just do the vote tally one last time today and then come back to end the day. ;)

6 - Axle the Beast (PokaLink, Violet, Durion, Kybyrian, Darknut_Hunter, A Link In Time)
5 - Darknut_Hunter (Axle the Beast, Pendio, GaroXicon, Dracomajora, GirlWithAFairy)
1 - Durion (Jedizora)
1 – Dracomajora (MonkeyFightSquad)

11 votes needed for a majoraty lynch. Day ends on 11/24/12 at 11:00PM ET.

Kybyrian

Dracomajora - Of course you can all refer back to my pushing for Axle/Draco near the beginning of the game to get what I know on Draco, but it's mostly been a thing of "Axle and Draco are two peas in a pod." I haven't gotten much suspicious activity from Draco asides from that, though, so I'm wondering if I can't be wrong on that. I'd say cop would have a good target in Draco tonight.

Jedizora - An inactive, and the only inactive in which I have some feeling of true scum about. Inactives, either way you look at it, are detrimental to the townies, even if they're townie. With inactives, it's utterly impossible to derive their affiliation, which is why they say that inactives truly do ruin a game, as it's absolutely impossible to tell them apart from the scum. I have some previous observations on Jedizora on other pages, and, the way I look at it, we would doubly benefit by having him killed tonight. Good vig target.

GaroXicon - More of a gut feeling than anything. At the beginning of the game he almost seemed like the perfect townie, but then it started to become a bit suspicious. He wasn't truly doing anything. He had this eerie neutral standing to him that almost made him seem the perfectly cautious townie, but then his actions strayed a little towards the end of the day here when all hell started breaking loose. The way he's been leaning leads me to believe he's scum.

TheMasterSword (#121) - I started thinking later in the day here, maybe he didn't react because there's no real threat. If GaroXicon is indeed scum as I believe him to be, then TMS would have had no reason to feel threatened or respond to his FoS. This and the fact he's lain low and even voted for a shorter day at the beginning of the game until some heat came down against voting for a shorter day lead me to believe he's also scum. Also reinforces my feelings against Garo somewhat.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I've tried hard enough, I've pretty much exhausted everything I can at this point, and yet people continue to become unconvinced and jump on Axle's last attempt at saving himself in the Darknut_Hunter accusation. The guy is definitely scum, no doubt about that. I'll likely be killed tonight, but it hardly matters. Would have been worth if it if Axle were at least lynched. I feel like you'll be too far behind after this now, though. I'm Ling Yao, a Vanilla Townie. Not an important role, so you don't lose too much if I die tonight. Hopefully you'll at least be able to retain the wisdom in the list I gave you.

I think it's a bit early to role claim Ky. Though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you were a vanilla townie this time around. However, this may seem idiotic, but Ling Yao Is a skilled swords master (who's body is later taken over by greed.) I am assuming that the homunculous are mafia this game, so therefore your role being a vanilla townie seems iffy to me. Either that or Raindrop just felt that he was vanilla enough, though he could have another role. A vanilla townie that I see for sure is Violet, and I'm assuming she's Mei Chang. Furthermore I feel it necessary that we may also have a cult on our hands, possibly the one that's planning a coup (in the Anime) or possibly another (there a bit of "clans" if you can call them that.) So we don't just have mafia to worry about.

Now, you may disregard that as u please, seeing I'm basing it off gut instinct and knowledge of the FMA world.
Your suspicions are valid, however I tend to play it safe, the first game I challenged a FoS I was killed by the town, and I was a vanilla townie. So I don't try to respond to FoS early in the game for the better good of myself and the town. Also, Garo had a profound ammount of reason to FoS on me, and quite frankly I was almost sure if i challenged him, him being an advanced member, he would find a flaw in my statement and then vote on me, and then other experienced members etc. would follow. However the bandwagon on Axle and Darknut HUnter is ridiculous, the evidence for both doesn't stack up. Darknut Hunter especially, since he honestly hasn't done much but be active. I apologize for my inactivity, however jsut because I'm inactive shouldn't add suspicion, since if that was true what about Violet and other Lurkers and random voters in the early stage? The day is soon coming to a close so it's time a make a vote.

Vote: DracoMajora
Up to this point, all the evidence you have given is either invalid or just an assumption with no real ground to place it on. Any lawyer would destroy you in the court of law. Also, you bandwogoned on Darknut_Hunter, which tells me you may have some cohorts that are part of that bandwagon.

FOS: Jedizora
Coming in and voting for Durion was odd, and I'm surprised he hasn't changed his vote. However, as far as I know he's a lurker, and thats his play style. So we'll see how things progress

Kybyrian

TheMasterSword said:
I think it's a bit early to role claim Ky.

Truly? I only see myself as dying tonight, and it wasn't to alleviate any suspicion on my behalf, but more to attempt to finally get Axle lynched. Would you not trust someone more if you knew they were on your side? I did so we would have changes of heart like in ALIT, who changed his vote to Axle to put him over. Nothing wrong with the roleclaim.

I am assuming that the homunculous are mafia this game, so therefore your role being a vanilla townie seems iffy to me.

Truth... but Ling Yao does sometimes have control over himself. That's still kind of weird though. But even if Greed were in the game, he'd likely be third party. Greed didn't actually affiliate himself with Father and the other Homunculi. Ling Yao isn't even free of Greed's control until Father kills Greed, but most of the other Homunculi are dead by that point, so I guess it's safe to assume that this game is not very canon.

ebwodp

And hmm... voting for Draco pretty much out of nowhere. Previously, I had believed both of you to be possible mafia. I would say that, given my suspicions, at least one of you two are. If the cop investigates Draco as I've suggested tonight, though, I suppose we'll know which one of you is mafia and which one isn't now. :)

Kirino

Tatakae
Dracomajora - Of course you can all refer back to my pushing for Axle/Draco near the beginning of the game to get what I know on Draco, but it's mostly been a thing of "Axle and Draco are two peas in a pod." I haven't gotten much suspicious activity from Draco asides from that, though, so I'm wondering if I can't be wrong on that. I'd say cop would have a good target in Draco tonight.

Jedizora - An inactive, and the only inactive in which I have some feeling of true scum about. Inactives, either way you look at it, are detrimental to the townies, even if they're townie. With inactives, it's utterly impossible to derive their affiliation, which is why they say that inactives truly do ruin a game, as it's absolutely impossible to tell them apart from the scum. I have some previous observations on Jedizora on other pages, and, the way I look at it, we would doubly benefit by having him killed tonight. Good vig target.

GaroXicon - More of a gut feeling than anything. At the beginning of the game he almost seemed like the perfect townie, but then it started to become a bit suspicious. He wasn't truly doing anything. He had this eerie neutral standing to him that almost made him seem the perfectly cautious townie, but then his actions strayed a little towards the end of the day here when all hell started breaking loose. The way he's been leaning leads me to believe he's scum.

TheMasterSword (#121) - I started thinking later in the day here, maybe he didn't react because there's no real threat. If GaroXicon is indeed scum as I believe him to be, then TMS would have had no reason to feel threatened or respond to his FoS. This and the fact he's lain low and even voted for a shorter day at the beginning of the game until some heat came down against voting for a shorter day lead me to believe he's also scum. Also reinforces my feelings against Garo somewhat.

If the cop does investigate me, how will we know? I suppose the cop could roleclaim, and show us my role, but wouldn't he be nightkilled by the mafia? Anyways,

However the bandwagon on Axle and Darknut Hunter is ridiculous, the evidence for both doesn't stack up. Darknut Hunter especially, since he honestly hasn't done much but be active. I apologize for my inactivity, however jsut because I'm inactive shouldn't add suspicion, since if that was true what about Violet and other Lurkers and random voters in the early stage? The day is soon coming to a close so it's time a make a vote.

Vote: DracoMajora
Up to this point, all the evidence you have given is either invalid or just an assumption with no real ground to place it on. Any lawyer would destroy you in the court of law. Also, you bandwagoned on Darknut_Hunter, which tells me you may have some cohorts that are part of that bandwagon.

FOS: Jedizora
Coming in and voting for Durion was odd, and I'm surprised he hasn't changed his vote. However, as far as I know he's a lurker, and thats his play style. So we'll see how things progress

Look at it this way. If we don't kill anyone today, then we won't have much to go on tommorow. And Axle and Darknut Hunter are the only ones who have a chance of getting lynched. So you see why I think one of the two has to be lynched, right? And for the reasons I've stated, the best candidate is DH. Also, i've just summarized the reasons listed by Garo, Axle, and Pendio, so you might as well vote for them. My reasons make more sense than your reasons for voting me. And what's so suspicious about bandwagoning? It's how you get results. Bandwagoning is a fundamental part of Mafia.

TheMasterSword said:
just an assumption with no real ground to place it on.
This is hypocritial. Just look at these quotes.

TheMasterSword said:
Also, you bandwagoned on Darknut_Hunter, which tells me you may have some cohorts that are part of that bandwagon.
TheMasterSword; said:
A vanilla townie that I see for sure is Violet, and I'm assuming she's Mei Chang.

Perfect examples of "just an assumption with no real evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom