• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

ebwodp

Also, TheMasterSword, you've yet to present any sort of defense or even make a mention of anything since GaroXicon put the FoS down on you. Afraid of getting the heat, especially under who seems to be a very competent player? You're looking to me to be an awful good candidate for scum.

FoS: TheMasterSword

Maybe you'll reply this time instead of pulling the scum tactic

Not disagreeing with you, but thought I'd mention the irony here...

Maybe you'll reply this time instead of pulling the scum tactic
The last time someone posted after you fingered them, you criticized them for it:

Also interesting how you tend to show up right after I mention your name in the line of suspicion, especially so when you're commenting only briefly on the same discussion we've been having for the past few days.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
You could be targeting Axle because youre scum and you know hes a fairly good player(assuming what what others have said is true) If hes not scum he would be an asset to the townies therefore a target to be gotten rid of, thus why your focus has been on him from the get go...

Kybyrian

ebwodp

Oh Axey baby, I don't believe acting in certainty is a bad thing. If anything being on the downlow just gets you killed quicker when you're not adamant about what you put out there, and it leaves less of an impact for what you've tried to put out there. That's always been my experience, anyway. Though for that matter, I can't say I'm absolutely certain, but does it really get you anywhere to be cautious about everything all the time and even have to state time and time again that you're not exactly certain about anything? It's more or less implied anymore, and being frisky about it isn't going to help. Point is, people don't get anywhere unless they're actually willing to do something. "Oh, I have this hunch, but I can't say for certain. Maybe keep a closer eye on him. I'll just put down an FoS for now, but I can't exactly be sure about anything at this point." <--- You know what, you never will be. Get over it.

GirlWithAFairy said:
You could be targeting Axle because youre scum and you know hes a fairly good player(assuming what what others have said is true) If hes not scum he would be an asset to the townies therefore a target to be gotten rid of, thus why your focus has been on him from the get go...

Then riddle me this - why would I declare that DH is not scum because Axle is, then proceed to get Axle lynched? That would be doubly as insane for me to recuperate from, as I would have just basically put the hammer on myself for either the vig or the next day's lynch. Even getting rid of as good a player as Axle wouldn't be worth my sacrifice if it were on the Mafia's side. In fact, that may be something I'd subtly get someone else to do.

Axle the Beast said:
The last time someone posted after you fingered them, you criticized them for it:

Aye, but in different context, with different prerequisites to the finger. You'd figure you'd pay more attention to that.

ebwodp

And besides even that point, it was more of a prod for what I had accused him of on the previous page - a means to an end, if you will.

(the criticism itself)

Last edited:
Ky you act more and more like Jo as time goes on.

Arrogant posts... avoiding the actual point of people's messages and twisting their words... :P

Oh Axey baby, I don't believe acting in certainty is a bad thing. If anything being on the downlow just gets you killed quicker when you're not adamant about what you put out there, and it leaves less of an impact for what you've tried to put out there. That's always been my experience, anyway. Though for that matter, I can't say I'm absolutely certain, but does it really get you anywhere to be cautious about everything all the time and even have to state time and time again that you're not exactly certain about anything? It's more or less implied anymore, and being frisky about it isn't going to help. Point is, people don't get anywhere unless they're actually willing to do something. "Oh, I have this hunch, but I can't say for certain. Maybe keep a closer eye on him. I'll just put down an FoS for now, but I can't exactly be sure about anything at this point." <--- You know what, you never will be. Get over it.
It is implied in everything... unless you literally state repeatedly "he is scum", which is an absolute statement and is exactly what you've been saying about me for forever now.

And it's overly simplistic to say that "acting in certainty" equals "doing something". I never pretend certainty, which whether you've meant to or not, you've acted exactly like this whole time, but I always do things. Look up any previous game and you'll see me pushing for bandwagons. I have no idea why you'd assume I would be saying not to do something. It's contrary to my entire meta in every game of Mafia ever.

Even getting rid of as good a player as Axle wouldn't be worth my sacrifice if it were on the Mafia's side. In fact, that may be something I'd subtly get someone else to do.
>Implying Ky can be subtle. :rolleyes:

Also, if you admit I'm a good player, why would you target me before Draco if you're so certain we're both in tight together. Wouldn't the lesser player (no offense Draco) be the more intelligent lynch? If he's scum, then you're right and I go next day.

Jo was a damn good player, jussayin.
She was a somewhat good player. She had her moments, but I recall her lynching me on similar basis (as I quoted a few posts ago) when I was a major power role. The only game where she actually trusted me was when I was the Godfather. And she believed a fake claim in Castlevania Mafia and because of that claim the town lost.

Kybyrian

ebwodp

Axle the Beast said:
It is implied in everything... unless you literally state repeatedly "he is scum", which is an absolute statement and is exactly what you've been saying about me for forever now.

And it's overly simplistic to say that "acting in certainty" equals "doing something". I never pretend certainty, which whether you've meant to or not, you've acted exactly like this whole time, but I always do things. Look up any previous game and you'll see me pushing for bandwagons. I have no idea why you'd assume I would be saying not to do something. It's contrary to my entire meta in every game of Mafia ever.

Eh, I feel like there's no use into saying "I'm pretty damn sure he's scum," though maybe that would be better to say. Okay, I'll say it.

I can't possibly be certain, no way on Earth because it's a game of chance, but dang, Axle, I'm pretty darn sure you're scum.

Kirino

Tatakae
I know he's not because I know Axle is. Now, if DH were scum, his buddy wouldn't come out and start ragging on him, who has been relatively not picked on, would he?

Axle says that his playstyle doen't change wether he's town or mafia, and even when he's mafia, he acts exactly as if he were town. Therefore, you can't assume that everybody Axle suspects is town.

lol, I don't really ignore things, I just don't read them. I skim over things, yeah. Maybe that's not so great. You know, if anything, I think Axle's more likely to be scum than you would be. My focus has always been on Axle, but I don't know whether to mark you as scum or what. It's kinda rotatey, and I do suspect a group thing, but I can't say that for certain. If anything, I'm more adamant in Axle being scum. Speaking of, still want to hit on those inactive guys. Especially Jedizora. After his post and the reaction and nothing, I'm putting Jedizora out there as Mafia.

That's not a good thing for a Mafia player to do, especially considering that you have to look closely at posts to find slip ups or evidence sometimes. Also, i'm confused. Aren't all of your suspicions on Axle based on my actions? Isn't that what you're entire theory is about? Because I haven't seen any evidence in Axle's posts that are suspicious, so I don't know how you can suspect him more than me. If you do think there are some things suspicious about Axle's posts and the way he's played so far that don't have to do with your original theory, than you should probably post them, as I don't understand. And that's another thing. You don't really explain yourself.

And I still think Fig and whoever else may be scum laying low. I do think there is as least 2 mafia in the list I presented, Jedizora being one of them.

I talked to PKflash a couple days ago, who hasn't made a single post, and he said he didn't know the game started. He said he would check it out, but he still hasn't posted.

Kybyrian

Axle the Beast said:
And she believed a fake claim in Castlevania Mafia and because of that claim the town lost.

lol, that was a damn good fakeclaim tho

ebwodp

why do you guys keep breaking my ebwodp's

ebwodp

maybe I should stop ebwodp'ing so much

A better question is why you can't just type up an entire post, check for new posts, and include them in your new one before you post. :P

W/e I'm done arguing for now. I'm going to play some Majora's Mask and check back in later tonight.

Kybyrian

Dracomajora said:
Axle says that his playstyle doen't change wether he's town or mafia, and even when he's mafia, he acts exactly as if he were town. Therefore, you can't assume that everybody Axle suspects is town.

I can say that, if he is indeed scum as I strongly believe (there I didn't say is), he would very likely not come straight out to voting someone who has been (relatively) low-key on the scumdar. That doesn't mean I can automatically assume they'd all be town, though.

Axle the Beast said:
A better question is why you can't just type up an entire post, check for new posts, and include them in your new one before you post. :P

Because I think on the fly :P

Dracomajora said:
That's not a good thing for a Mafia player to do, especially considering that you have to look closely at posts to find slip ups or evidence sometimes. Also, i'm confused. Aren't all of your suspicions on Axle based on my actions? Isn't that what you're entire theory is about? Because I haven't seen any evidence in Axle's posts that are suspicious, so I don't know how you can suspect him more than me. If you do think there are some things suspicious about Axle's posts and the way he's played so far that don't have to do with your original theory, than you should probably post them, as I don't understand. And that's another thing. You don't really explain yourself.

Well, the DH thing for one. I see his entire post there as a final attempt to defend himself from what would be an inevitable lynch, and the vote included with it as an attempt to reflect it off to someone else. There are other odds and ends here and there, but not that I'd enjoy composing a list from. I can't think on the fly that way!

I talked to PKflash a couple days ago, who hasn't made a single post, and he said he didn't know the game started. He said he would check it out, but he still hasn't posted.

Well, that's good then. I said one of them, but what you said is still outside information and would be illegal for me to act upon until he stated in-thread

Last edited:
Well, the DH thing for one. I see his entire post there as a final attempt to defend himself from what would be an inevitable lynch, and the vote included with it as an attempt to reflect it off to someone else. There are other odds and ends here and there, but not that I'd enjoy composing a list from. I can't think on the fly that way!
Would you rather I scummily not vote and remain noncommittal all day? :P Forgive me but I'm going to vote for who bothers me regardless of whether I'm under pressure or not.

Kybyrian

Well, that does clear things up a bit, but from the overall mood I'm saying it's still part of a last-ditch effort.

Kirino

Tatakae
There are other odds and ends here and there, but not that I'd enjoy composing a list from.

You can't expect anyone to agree with you or take you seriously if you don't even list your suspicions or reasons for voting someone. You say you're almost positive that Axle is Mafia, yet you don't even explain why or show your reasons. Do you know how that sounds to me? "I know Axle is scum. My reasons? I have them but I don't feel like listing them." You have shown almost no evidence, yet you are positive Axle is scum. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom