• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
All this random voting doesn't really get the game anywhere... If anything, we're allowing the unknown members of the Mafia jump in on spontaneous bandwagons. I'm not for sure that it's really happening like that, but it's definitely a possibility. We need to be extra careful that the scenarios don't become so confused that we can't even discern the difference between legit and illigit reasoning, and perhaps taking an innocent life in the process.

For the most part, I've noticed that Draco has been darting from one member to another. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's scum, and I'm entirely willing to believe that it's part of his RVS plan (maybe even his playstyle?), but it is something I'll want to keep an eye on

More as events continue to unfold...

Kirino

Tatakae
All this random voting doesn't really get the game anywhere... If anything, we're allowing the unknown members of the Mafia jump in on spontaneous bandwagons. I'm not for sure that it's really happening like that, but it's definitely a possibility. We need to be extra careful that the scenarios don't become so confused that we can't even discern the difference between legit and illigit reasoning, and perhaps taking an innocent life in the process.

For the most part, I've noticed that Draco has been darting from one member to another. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's scum, and I'm entirely willing to believe that it's part of his RVS plan (maybe even his playstyle?), but it is something I'll want to keep an eye on

I'm just trying to get some actual disscussion going on. I never remember it being this difficult though. I feel like doing the most suspicious thing possible just to get some discussion going. It's really just part of my RVS plan to get people to talk (which obviously isn't working).

Unvote: Zack125

Vote: Dracomajora

Dude, ALIT, no one was intentionally bandwagoning me. Calm down. o_0

Again, I really don't think we need to worry about covert bandwagons until we get to the point where we're having actual discussions based on evidence. No one's going to be able to push a lynch in secret during an RVS.

Oh, but while we are on the subject... yeah, Mafia seeding bandwagons. Obviously bad. Right, of course. Not contesting that. BUT, can we please avoid treating "bandwagon" like an entirely dirty word for the whole game this time? Converging on a lynch is how we actually play this game and catch Mafia.

Probably that an innocent townie will get lynched, which will likely happen if we lynch with little evidence, as there are way more town than mafia. He never said he was afraid of being lynched. Where did you get that from?

I didn't. It was a guess to get things going.

I'm just trying to get some actual disscussion going on. I never remember it being this difficult though. I feel like doing the most suspicious thing possible just to get some discussion going. It's really just part of my RVS plan to get people to talk (which obviously isn't working).

The problem is that this isn't really all the suspicious. Yes, you could be a mafioso who is voting for himself under the idea that you are trying to be suspicious, thus being so obvious that it isn't obvious at all leading people to the conclusion that you are a townie. On the other hand, you could just be a townie trying to get the conversation going at this early stage in the game. All this does is place you back in the same position you were in before, which is you could be either a townie or a mafioso with the same lack of evidence pointing at each.

I'll refrain from random voting until more information is gleaned from the situation. Earlier I believe many players were forming a bandwagon around Axle. We want to avoid such situation until genuine scummy behavior is detected.

As I said before, the best thing to do with the random voting stage is to get everyone to vote for one person until they are nearly dead, preferably 2 or 3 votes away since you don't want someone to hammer. This forces them into a near death situation in which they have to defend themselves. It's only then when you can start to gather evidence, albeit some of the more unreliable evidence in the game.

Oh, but while we are on the subject... yeah, Mafia seeding bandwagons. Obviously bad. Right, of course. Not contesting that. BUT, can we please avoid treating "bandwagon" like an entirely dirty word for the whole game this time? Converging on a lynch is how we actually play this game and catch Mafia.

As Axle said, for some reason people all voting for one person was always considered a bad thing, even though that is how people do have to be lynched in this game.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

It's the lack of evidence that's making it difficult. Maybe even some people are laying low for fear of being deemed suspicious, innocent or not. They aren't giving us much to go on. Nobody seems to be turning a person against anyone either, so we practically remain at square one. It's simply too early to be sure about much.

I'll refrain from random voting until more information is gleaned from the situation. Earlier I believe many players were forming a bandwagon around Axle. We want to avoid such situation until genuine scummy behavior is detected.

I really don't think anyone was forming a bandwagon against Axle, because, alongside what he said, random voting is just random voting. Besides that, two or three votes total don't constitute a bandwagon in my book, as that's about the number that the Axle-streak reached. If people were treating Axle as a genuine threat then I could understand your logic, but at this point in the game he obviously isn't one...yet.

Kybyrian

Sorry chaps, was waiting for the game to start and my mind drifted off to other things. At the moment, however, I've remembered and shall put it on the old itinerary.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

2 - Axle the Beast (PokaLink, Violet)
2 – Violet (Durion, GirlWithAFairy)
1 - Fig (Darknut_Hunter)
1 - GaroXicon (Linkdude74)
1 - Durion (Jedizora)
1 – Dracomajora (Dracomajora)

11 votes needed for a majoraty lynch. Day ends on Day end’s on 11/24/2012 at 11:00PM ET.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom