• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FSA's Place in the Timeline

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
In the GBA release of Alttp, we gamers got to experience an all new dungeon called the Palace of the Four Sword. It was difficult and not to rewarding :P, at the time it seemed more than a simple extra dungeon. However is it still just that simple addition?

When Four Swords Adventures was released it depicted the Four Sword as a blade that was needed to seal Ganon away into the Dark World. Strangly this game seems to follow events that resemble that of the Imprisoning War. DROP THOSE PICK AXES NOW BUBS! I know Vaati was never mentioned in the Alttp cutscene but if you just hear me out.

Let me start from the events of Twilight Princess. Link had gone on a quest to save Hyrule yadayada. Link then defeats the evil Ganondorf when the Triforce of Power suddenly disappears from his hand. That seems somewhat sketchy to me, I have a belief that Ganon and Ganondorf are two separate beings.

What if Ganon was infact, the one who was in possession of the Triforce at the time and he chose to shed his human skin and went into hiding after his defeat at the hands of Link.

Fast forward to the time of Four Swords when a looming darkness seems to come over Hyrule and Ganon begins to plot. He gets Link to release Vaati and then uses this distraction as a way to gain more power.

Over the years, what if Ganon had been hiding as a Gerudo once again (he has the Triforce of Power, I think he can do a petty disguise.) He then uses this chaos as a way to enter the Pyramid of Power and get the Trident of Power to fully restore him to a new shape.

When Link finally manages to defeat Vaati, it is time for Ganon to reveal himself. He goes up to Link with the Trident of Power and prepares to do battle with him. When he is defeated Ganon is imprisoned with the help of seven maidins (they are probably descendants of the sages.) in the Four Sword, and we never hear of the sword again... until A Link to the Past.

The Four Sword is now in the Dark World and in the Pyramid of Power but when we find it, it appears to have been shattered into it's separate parts which have gone wild and spread terror into the Palace of the Four Sword.

This obviously means that a certain someone may have escaped the Sword and then managed to get the Triforce because there was no Link or Zelda around to possibly claim it and thus he got his wish to become a God in his own way and thus the events of Alttp take place.

Also Ganon in this game is referenced as "A demon reborn." That somewhat points to the fact that he was hiding as a Gerudo. *Grumble Grumble* Ignore the statement that is underlined, it's a stupid mistranslation.

So my theory is perhaps TP> FSA> Alttp

This post has gotten to long I am going to make another post to show theories that could possibly break this one.

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Theories that can break this one (There are probably more you can think of.):

The placement of the Pyramid of Power- This place appears in both games (unless they are seperate pyramids.) However they seem to be in different areas.

The Ganon becoming a Gerudo again thing- I made that up but it seems somewhat logical. This one might only be believable if you believe Agahnim was Ganon's alter ego.

Seven Maidens vs Sages- These maidens could perhaps be the sages of this game but they are known as only maidens.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I just bought Four Swords today.
I like your theory, I mean it sounds pretty, but I don't have much say on it since I havn't even started playing FSA yet. Lol
I'll get back to you. Good work, though.

Let me start from the events of Twilight Princess. Link had gone on a quest to save Hyrule yadayada. Link then defeats the evil Ganondorf when the Triforce of Power suddenly disappears from his hand. That seems somewhat sketchy to me, I have a belief that Ganon and Ganondorf are two separate beings.
For the most part I'd agree. Ganon was born in the SW (OoT) when Ganondorf touched the Triforce.
Also Ganon in this game is referenced as "A demon reborn." That somewhat points to the fact that he was hiding as a Gerudo.
Oh that bit about the demon reborn was a HUGE mistranslation from NoA. The quote in question actually refers to the device of demon's back from ancient times.
闇の王… 太古から よみがえった 魔の邪器(じゃき)、トライデントを手にした男!!
King of Darkness... The man who obtained the trident, the evil tool of demons that was revived from ancient times!!
King of Darkness… The man who took the Trident, the demon's evil device (ja-ki) revived from ancient times!!
King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. The wielder of the trident!!
The top is the Japanese. Below that is Jacensolo's translation. Below that is Jumbie's. Below that is fail NoA translation.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
\Oh that bit about the demon reborn was a HUGE mistranslation from NoA. The quote in question actually refers to the device of demon's back from ancient times. The top is the Japanese. Below that is Jacensolo's translation. Below that is Jumbie's. Below that is fail NoA translation.

*Grumble, grumble* It's not the 80s anymore, this shouldn't happen anymore.

Pinecove

Last Chance
What if Ganon was infact, the one who was in possession of the Triforce at the time and he chose to shed his human skin and went into hiding after his defeat at the hands of Link.

This may be the case, but in all reality we have no Idea of what happened to the ToP at the end of TP.

The only thing we know about FSA, was that it was originally going to be the Seal war on the child timeline, but that got scrapped by Miamotto and now FSA has a probobility of being on the Adult timeline.

The only thing we know for cetain with FSA is FSA-ALttP.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This may be the case, but in all reality we have no Idea of what happened to the ToP at the end of TP.

The only thing we know about FSA, was that it was originally going to be the Seal war on the child timeline, but that got scrapped by Miamotto and now FSA has a probobility of being on the Adult timeline.

The only thing we know for cetain with FSA is FSA-ALttP.

Ganon is a manifestation of the Triforce of Power, he has his own thought process. It is not very clear but it is logical that he left Ganondorf.

Also I'd like to hear this statement from Miyamoto if you please.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
In OoT as Soon As you beat the game and watch the credits if you start playing again you don't have the triforce...

He didn't have it because he went back in time to a place where Link never got the Triforce of Courage. Thus the Triforce of Courage in the future was split up.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
^But you can clearly see he has the Triforce on his hand when he sees Zelda after being sent back in the ending scene.

Well I'll be damned... your right.

But wait, does this not contradict your first statement since you said that in the end of OOT if you watch till the end of the credits he doesn't have the Triforce. If that's not what you meant to say then please revise your sentence.

Another thing, Termina is another dimension where the only evidence of the Triforce is in the Stone Tower Temple on the balls of some gargoyle.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Another thing, Termina is another dimension where the only evidence of the Triforce is in the Stone Tower Temple on the balls of some gargoyle.
Well that seems irrelevant.

As for the respective Triforce Pieces disappearing, I think when a Piece of Triforce fades out from the back of their hand, all it means is that that particular meeting of the Triforce is over and the recipients don't need them anymore in their lifetime (or in Ganon's case, he doesn't need it anymore for the time being.)

The pieces only appear and start lighting up whenever the three meet. When one of them is gone (i.e.- Ganon) then the power from the Triforce pieces dissipates until the three destined beings meet again; whatever incarnations that may be.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well that seems irrelevant.

As for the respective Triforce Pieces disappearing, I think when a Piece of Triforce fades out from the back of their hand, all it means is that that particular meeting of the Triforce is over and the recipients don't need them anymore in their lifetime (or in Ganon's case, he doesn't need it anymore for the time being.)

The pieces only appear and start lighting up whenever the three meet. When one of them is gone (i.e.- Ganon) then the power from the Triforce pieces dissipates until the three destined beings meet again; whatever incarnations that may be.

That does to make sense, however that does not happen during the meeting of the Triforce in TP. No I'm not saying Midna, I mean for something like when Ganon or Link met only Ganondorf's hand lit up.

Another thing for everyone, if Zelda had the Triforce of Wisdom, would this not mean that Ganondorf would have taken it from her?

Also in the ending of OOT like Sign of Justice stated, the Triforce piece of courage is still on Link's hand even though he is back in the past...... OMG SIGN OF JUSTICE YOUR A GENIUS! *Rushes out*

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Just because the symbol itself is on the back of their hand doesn't mean their piece is active. All it means to me is that they're the bearer of a piece.

I do take back what I said about losing their piece for their lifetime. I don't know what I even based that on. However, maybe it doesn't necessarily mean they've lost their ability to use their respective Triforce Piece, but they never seem to. No direct sequel has ever had any recipient of a Triforce Piece use their piece again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom