• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Frustration Inducing Moments.

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
OK, don't get me wrong. i love Zelda and i think that the classics are the best of them. But, well, they're really hard. i'm not talking about OoT really, but all the others. Like LOZ 1 is super hard, and LTTP can be frustrating, and even MM can be a little maddening at times. Not to say i dislike dificulty, but anyone who has played LOZ 1 will know what i mean. So what do you think is the most frustrating moment in any of the classics?

For me, it's All of LOZ, plus The part in MM in the ikana castle where you have to hit a crystal, and then use deku-link to jump up and hit a switch to open a door.

Beeker

Wild Card
The puzzles themselves don't annoy me(mostly) but the monsters do.
It's funny actually. In each game, there has to be some kind of monster that gets on my nerves. In LoZ, it was Wizzrobes and Darknuts. In ALTTP, it's the Beamos(those lasers early in the game-AGGH!) MM was Gecko and its stupid bubble...*feels rage coming on*

But I digress. The only time I get super frustrated is when I can't defeat a certain enemy and die countless times. Or if I act like a total idiot and can't figure out an easy puzzle(I'm lookin' at you, ALTTP.)

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Any situation involving a ledge/cliff and a Tektite. I get such incredible satisfaction after brutally murdering the Tektite that sent me off the ledge.

AOL's great palace. i managed to hold my own for the rest of the game, but that palace just brings back bad memories. all the enemies do at least one bar of damage per hit even when you're at level 8. those flying darknuts were just WAY to hard to beat and they don't even restore you're health after you beat thunderbird and are about to face dark link. needless to say, a majority of my game overs in that game were from that one dungeon.

I think because I started with the classics, the newer ones feel like cake most of the times. But I love the challenge of those classics, even if it includes me throwing down the controller and saying, "forget this, I'm checking the walk-through." :P

I never even found the second dungeon in my second round of LoZ. That entire thing is beyond impossible for me.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
LoZ was hard, AoL was murder, and things were getting reasonable in ALttP. LA was a step down from ALttP, but it was a handheld, and was still good. I though OoT was harder than MM, but OoT was funner than MM.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Haven't played the first one yet, but there is a little game called AoL that I've never beaten. That entire game is frustrating. Especially when you're fighting one of those blue... uh... knight things that shoot stuff from their sword. Their defense is so beast and they shoot stuff from their sword which means backing up doesn't help to much. I heretell Dark Link is one of the most frustrating boss fights ever on that game, but I'm not good enough to even get to him.

The path to the Great Palace in AoL was and is quite frustrating! Because after you get past it you get to stay in the Great Palace, but if you die when you're almost there it's back to the North Palace (I still love that game, even if it has it's frustrating parts) Death Mountain was also frustrating, so many enemies! And the Temple of the Ocean King in PH really frustrated me, I hate being timed when it's not really enough time. Also in ALTTP the third boss kept knocking me off the arena! I think it took 6 hours to beat that thing, because of how it reset the monsters health when I fell.

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The Whole AoL game I beat 1st dungeon ease then I was at Level 3 at the end of dungeon 1 after I got PO'd and spent the rest of my getting to Level 8 before even finding Dungeon 2 and the game still difficult.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
LoZ: Getting lost, getting grabbed by a Wallmaster, getting your Shield eaten by a Like-Like

AoL: Death Mountain.

ALttP: Getting grabbed by a Wallmaster, falling down a hole onto the previous floor but uncontrollably fall down a hole to the next floor down, Moldorm

OoT: Nothing really (stupidly easy anyways, I can't think of anything that frusterates me at the moment :P)

MM: Having to restart the Stone Tower Temple because you ran out of time, going back and forth between upside down and rightside up STT, the Clock Town Shooting Gallery, Deku Scrub Playground mini game, Honey and Darling Shop, waiting around for something to happen (one of the things I dislike about MM the most, waiting around doing nothing)

And there you have it.

K

kiryadin

For me:

LoZ: The room with about 8 blue darknuts. AARGH!
AoL: I have not even ever completed the first palace. AoL has never managed to thrill me enough to really play it, plus I always died easily.
aLttP: The more difficult rooms on the basement floor of Ganon's Tower and also the room in Turtle Rock with the platforms in the dark and the SMB1-like rotating fire thingy's
OoT: Can't really think of anything that drove me insane in this game.
MM: Any mini-game where perfect aiming is necessary to beat the game (both shooting galleries and honey and darling).

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The first run through Death Mountain in AoL (before you learn the down thrust technique). I got good at fighting Dairas so it's not overly frustrating anymore, but the down thrust makes life in Death Mountain so much easier.

Pretty much the entire of Death Mountain in Legend of Zelda, well those rooms that contain Darknuts or Red Wizzrobes, they used to make me want to nerd rage so much. Especially considering by the time I got through the entire of death mountain, I had half a heart to fight that Petra thing, which killed me near enough instantly. It frustrated me so much because I couldn't get back to that part again without knowing that I would die before I got there, due to being hurt so much by the room that had about 10 Dark Nuts in, those guys are absolute bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom