• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Friendzoned

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
So, what do you all think of the "friendzone"?
Have you ever been "friendzoned"?
Is it just a pathetic excuse? Does the "friendzone" even exist?

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Well, seeing how I was told by my crush he'd never date me...... I say yes, there is a friendzone.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
"I'M AMAZING WHY DID A GIRL FRIENDZONE ME, perhaps it's because I aimed for a self centered piece of :cucco: boohoo, or maybe it's because I'm an ***hole"

I have been friendzoned many times but I don't even care.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think being in the friendzone is one of the worst positions to be in. It breaks your heart knowing that they only think of you as a friend, but it happens to all of us at some point (unless you're lucky). As of right now, I have never been friendzoned, but I fear that I may be in the future. I believe that anyone can get out of the friendzone, but it takes patience, devotion, and determination.

bunny

birb overlord
I have never personally been friendzoned, but I do think it can be a good... reason... If that makes any sense.

I have only "friendzoned" one guy, and it was simply because I wanted to be his friend, but I did not want to date him. I don't think that's so horrible... I mean, by the look on his face, I obviously hurt his feelings, but if I were to agree, I wouldn't have been happy in that relationship. I think everyone can agree that it's more important to be happy than to quietly suffer so you don't hurt somebody.

and also, yes, the friendzone clearly exists.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I've had to visit Hotel Friendzone so many times I have my own parking space, loyalty card and on first name terms with all the staff

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I have been friendzoned one time and that's about it...not a pleasant thing at all...

octorok74

TETTAC
I think the friendzone only exists if you put that thought in your head. It freaks out and makes you second guess wanting to ask the person you like out. You start wondering whether you will be friendzoned or not.

Personally, I think it is a silly concept. If I like a girl, and I mean really like her, then I will try my best the first time to go out with her. And easing your way into it doesn't hurt. A spot of coffee here, a day of Frisbee golf there. Easing up to the decision is a great way, in my opinion, to get a better chance of getting the guy or girl you like. And if I get into the supposed friendzone, well, I'm going to fight my way out of it. No one puts me somewhere I don't want to be.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hate the friendzone, but I think we all have to understand that we're not the greatest guy/girl in the world, that people have different interests even if they're bizarre to our minds. Oftentimes I run into people who are crushed that a girl didn't go out with them for lunch, or set a seal on a date or something. I'd love to tell them "hey man, tell your ego to shut the heck up! You're not the greatest guy in the world! You're not irresistible; telling yourself that is a joke!" But of course they'd punch me, yell or something. :I

The friendzone isn't an excuse to keep a guy from asking a girl out. It's a position relegated to girl or guy because the opposite person does not have the same interest in you. They just wanna be friends, y'know?

Have I been friedzoned? Yes. I have only ever liked one girl -- she's pretty, intelligent, and very comforting. I told her I liked her a LOT, kind of like I wanted to marry her, but she said that she only liked me as a friend/brother. Hurt deep, but being brotherzoned is better than friendzoned. <3

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If you all don't mind me asking, what sort of friendzone where you, or are you, in?

I personally, think it would hurt more to be in the friendzone where your friend doesn't take advantage of you- where the genuinely want to only be your friend. But, there are different types of friendzones as well; ones where the friendzoner just likes the attention, and thus dangles possibility of a relationship to keep them coming back, or others who friendzone and is really just using the person for money and gifts.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Guys, friendzone is better than what I usually get. In general, the girl just stops talking to me and gives me dirty looks whenever I see her in the hallway or in class.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The friendzone is soft rejection. The girl has decided for whatever reason that "she's not that into you", but doesn't want to send you spiraling down in flames. It's not a permanent state of limbo, however. As Octorok has pointed out, you have the ability to influence change, with the caveat that the change may be an awkward end to whatever friendship you had with the person. If you really are interested in someone beyond the normal scope of friendship, it's probably a risk worth taking.

Desperately clinging to some hope that you'll have some made for Hollywood ending while doing nothing to change the situation is rather pathetic. As the Romans remind us, Fortune favors the bold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom