• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Friends - Calling Vs Texting

I prefer texting myself. I think calling is nice for like your family. But all my friends text. And with calling I can't always hear the other person.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I rather call than text. I find text so unpersonnal and I am lazy. And things can explained much quicker by talking than typing the words out. No matter how fast you type talking is always faster. With texting you NEVER hear the other person @ the_miserable

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I like texting better than calling. I'm not very talkative on the phone. I'm not that close to my friends anymore. I text with my cousins only. The only time I have to talk on the phone is when grandparents call and when my other relatives call too.

Din Akera

Sniper
I much prefer to call. I forget what the stat is, but it is something like only 10% of all communication is the actual words that we are saying. The rest is tone, eye contact, body language, etc. So in know you don't get all of that in calling, but it is way better than texting. I hate misinterpreting texts. I have done it so many times in my life and some relationships have gone through rough times because of it.

However, I acknowledge that texting is cheeper and more efficient for quick reminders/letting-you-knows. I text much more than I call and Skype/the forum have taught me to communicate better through typing/texting. But I think I will always prefer the more human type contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom