• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Freakiest Things In Zelda

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
Personally, I'd say some of the freakier things in Zelda are the bottom of the well, ReDeads, Dead Hand, Wallmasters, The Mummy Father in Majora's Mask, the final day in Clocktown, Zant, Puppet Zelda, and the Majora boss fight.

What do you guys think?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Most of the character designs in SS and OOT especially the Lakeside Laboratory Meth Cook.

Freakiest of all the things in Zelda though are the ReDeads. It may be just my first experience that scarred me so but I know I am not alone. When you go to approach what looks like a crouched down brown man in the bottom of a grave you don't expect him to scream at you then jump on your back and begin molesting you to death!

karu

Panamaniac
In SS the dungeon that help the one and only Koloktos. Did you read the article about the dungeon in the Zelda Informer? To me the dungeon already was creepy with the all happy and peaceful aura but then the underground poison/blood/ whatever the heck thing in the bottom; that article just added a new layer of creepiness

majora_s_mask___wooden_replica_by_supermariio-d6kubcn.jpg

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The redeads and Wallmasters (Or ya know those ones in the Forest Temple that get you from the ceiling) come first to mind

funnier6

Courage~
Lessee, dead hand, wallmasters, redeads, like likes, the imprisoned in particular deserves a special mention.

The entirety of Majoras Mask is pretty freaky.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ah redeads... the Harvey Weinstiens of Hyrule.

I remember the first time I descended into the grave with the fairy fountain. A few seconds in, taking a look around in fp - an uncannily familiar sound - thinking to meself "What's that weird noise?"
... a few beats later and the dawning realization descended on me "OH! It's a REDEAD!!" I never even saw it. Took me a moment of peering through the darkness before I could vaguely discern the low spindly profile, hunched down in a low crouch at the far end of the small dark chamber. Just sitting there... moaning.

I noppity nope noppity nope'd my merry way right on outta there. Was days before I was able to suck it up enough to go back XD
This was after I had already been molested in the Royal Tomb so the trauma was still fresh, you see.

Reactions: Dio

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I'm still just as terrified of ReDeads as I was about... 19 years ago when I played OOT for the first time. What freaked me out a little more than the ReDeads would be Gibdos in MM. But what really instills the most fear into my soul has got to be the SS Guardians. I've never felt so terrified of anything in a game before those guys..

Night Owl

~Momentai
Beneath the well in OoT. You have invisible walls and invisible floors, I think there is also an invisible floormaster. Not to mention dead hand and the redeads. You have to enter the dungeon as a child without the lens of truth, and your damage output is kind of pathetic when it comes to fighting.

To this day, the beneath the well portion of OoT is my most dreaded portion of the game.

I also despise redeads in all incarnations. Kill them with bombs from a distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom