• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Franchises Which Have Overstayed Their Welcome

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
Can I please see a source for your assertion that 343 Industries will annualize the Halo franchise? Yes, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 4 released in consecutive years but that hardly means 343 will continue the trend. Main Halo installments have traditionally been spaced out in periods of three to five years and I expect this trend to continue down the line.

Halo is also among my favorite videogame series and it's not showing any signs of fatigue. Halo 4 is a step forward for first person shooters with an emotionally gripping campaign, refined multiplayer, and the crispest graphics on the 360.

It seems I may be incorrect about the annual releases, that is my bad. But I am going to continue to stand my ground that it is becoming worn out.

Halo is also one of my favorite video game series but I feel like it is time for it to go. Halo 4 was a solid game gameplay wise but I did not enjoy the ending, and I'm not looking forward to something based off of the ending. If 343 can pull it off, that's great, but honestly I've just lost faith in the franchise. For me it's not the same without Bungie.

So, my apologies for saying that they were going to annualize the series. It was a rumor, so I should have checked up on it first.

Dan

Well I think my skype voice chats have never overstayed their welcome but game related i think Call of duty, and Tetris have definitely so. HAHAHAHA oh my gawd seth is so funny in this skype voice call.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
People keep mentioning Sonic, and it keeps making me wonder if no one on this site has played Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations.

I quite clearly mention Genrations. ''Sonic Generations was good but had a ridiculously short, shallow story and had way too much side content which had no appeal. ''

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Resident Evil, Capcom has shown they hate everything that made you good. You wowed me with 1,2,3. Zero is great and I don't care what anyone says. RE4 brought you back from the dead, but later we found out Capcom just wanted a money-making zombie. RE4 changed some things, but at its soul it was still survival and horror. After that, I don't even want to think about what they did to RE. Capcom turned it into a mindless shooting festival that simply wasn't scary or dark. Now we need to put down our old friend RE; now zombified by Capcom's greed. RIP my old friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom