• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Fourth Bottle!

Did you obtained the fourth bottle?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Is it really that hard a feat? Since I compulsively collect everything I can in Zelda games, I've always viewed it as something you just do.

Well to be honest, i think its a hard sidequest for just a bottle.
I mean the poes only appear during the night at particular places and they appear for a couple of seconds, so you have to react quick and make sure that you don't miss is. manual shooting from your horse isn't easy especialy when you shout from the lef and right side of the horse while moving.

till now i have only collected 8 big poes on my very first account.
I already collected all other things like 100 gold skulltullas and all heart pieces. Because normally i have the habit to 100% fully complete the game especialy with zelda games.
But i only quit bothering to get the 4th bottle for some reason.

Its quite a suprise, i expected more "no" awnsers from other members.

Hmm, as far as I can remember the Big Poes appears no matter the time of the day in Hyrule Field, I'm pretty sure I just chased them straight away.

Anyway, for me the hardest part was to locate them, a few attempts to get the angle that allows them to 'run' without entering a wall or something and shoot away. Made me feel the Gerudo training was worth, hahahah!

But yeah, once you get the hang of the game, the fourth bottle is basically pointless.

D

doclinkin

I got the fourth bottle. the big poes were a pain in the ***, cause whenever id find one, id go after that and stop what i was doing. just ride around till you find them

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'm actually only playing through this game now. I'm just up to the first temple as an adult and as soon as i get the bow, I probably will go poe hunting. One thing i love about the bottles in Zelda is that, the first time you play, you are just like 'WHAT? WHY HAVE I GONE TO ALL THIS EFFORT FOR A GODDAMN GLASS BOTTLE?' Until soon you actually realise they are almost as vital as your sword and sheild. If i finished this game without the fourth bottle, I would not only see it as a game left without 100%. But as a game I did not even complete. This is not just a little sidequest, the bottles are an actual vital item.

A

Abyss Master

The ten Big Poes is a sidequest I've only ever completed once. I just don't have the patience to try it over again :P

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
wow i didn't realize that collecting that last bottle was such a pain for everyone... everytime i play through any zelda i feel like i have to get every item so i can really say that i conquered the game. i remember having trouble with it at first but i didn't know that i was gonna get a bottle for it at that time. i just wanted to know what happened after i got all the poes. i was actually pretty surprised when i got the last bottle i really wasn't expecting it. plus after that first time, anytime i play after that i really don't have trouble getting it.

i liked multiplying the spiders with them to get the skulltulas from the soft soil... that was a neet trick that i liked cuz it was one of the only things i found on my own (oppose to looking online for glitches)

I did get it, Not because I thought I needed it but I wanted to complete the game 100%. I got most of the Big Poes when I was trotting around on Epona trying to get to a few places.

I did have to get a guide though to get the last 2 because I decided to do the 100% thing and went and got them after a while. I didn't really use it for anything after I got it though, By that time I had beat Ganon and didn't bother carrying anything around after that unless I happened to walk past a fairy.

Shnappy

derp
I remember getting it, but thinking the reward was a heart piece, on my quest to get all the heart pieces in OoT. I found it was a bottle, but that wasn't a disappointment. Yes, it was hard to get compared to most bottles, but I don't think it was that difficult. Yes, time consuming, but difficult, not really.

I did get the 4th bottle. It wasn't as hard as it was tedious. Finding all the poes wasn't difficult, but when they ran away there was certain points at which they would disappear, so you would have to be quick and accurate with your bow while riding Epona to get them. Two that stick in my mind are the one located near Kakariko Village's entrance, and the one near the entrance to the Gerudo Valley.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
i didn't get it during my first play through or even my second.. i dont think it was until my third file that i bothered to get the fourth bottle and let me tell u, it was very frustrating. like getting in those shots before they disappeared was a real hassle, not to mention trying to find the last big poe. It was a true challenge i'll give it that.

B

Bag

Never attempted it as far as I recall; I don't have much use for bottles, I'm fine with 1 or 2 bottles with fairies; then a miscelleanous one for bugs/whatever the case may be.

Zarom

The King
During my first play-trough, I had no guide, so I didn't get it. But now that I know all where the poes are, I always do it. When I play a Zelda game, I always want to do everything, to finish it 100% or extremely close to that. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom