• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Adventures Worst Zelda?

Majora's Cat

How about that
FSA is one of two console Zeldas I have yet to own. Four Swords Adventures garnered generally favorable reviews from critics - and a 84.58% score on GameRankings. This would be a very good score if compared to an average game - but Zelda games are certainly not average. FSA is the lowest-scoring original release the series has offered (similar to Metroid: Other M). Zelda games may be the highest-rated game series of all time - but with one small blemish. Even if FSA isn't as favorable as other Zeldas, I still think it should be given a shot. If it's a Zelda, it can't be bad (unless it's one of the CD-i games - those were terrible).

I plan on purchasing Four Swords Adventures, and I want to know what you think about the strange design of the game. The levels and the addition of only holding one item at a time may have some purist Zelda fans foaming at their mouths. But remember this - many fans want the series to make another full-fledged 2D Zelda experience (not like the 2.5D DS Zeldas). FSA was the last hurrah to 2D Zelda on a major home console, and I believe people should at least talk about FSA a little bit in the Modern Games section.

As far as zelda games go, FSA was only okay, but for a regular game it was pretty dang good. if you don't compare it to the other zeldas then the game is awesome. it's really unique and introduces new game mechanics to a zelda game, whether they're good or bad.it's a pretty good game, but it can't compare to the other main zelda games. in terms of quality, it's relatively low among the rest of the series.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I actually purchased FSA a couple weeks ago, and I'm still in the middle of playing it. It's a fun game, but it's certainly not anywhere close to my favorite Zelda game. Compared to non-Zelda games, it's really good though, as is usually the case when talking about Zelda games. I think Nintendo just really wanted to create a multi-player canon game, and that's what they came up with. I haven't played PH or ST, but FSA seems like the worst Zelda imo. Like I said earlier in this post though, it doesn't mean it's a bad game, because it's actually really fun.

M

masksalesman_30

Anyone would agree that out of the two multi player zelda games, FSA is clearly superior. I found FSA to be an awesome improvement on FS. I love how they gave the 2D game a 3D aspect with the rocs feather and bombs. However it wasnt a very difficult game. It was really hard to (unintentionally) get a game over because of the over abundance of force fairies. One thing about the game that I hated was that you have to have 4 GBAs to play 4-player. I would give it an 8.75/10.

bds1110

Imp
I actually really enjoyed it, but the drawback for me was the GBA thing. I luckily have one of those, but not multiple. I can't do multiplayer. I just wish that there was an option to do it with GameCube controllers rather than just GBAs. It probably would have been even better if that was an addition.

I LOVED 4SA! And I think that it was a very very good game! of course FSA is destined to get some criticism for being different from the other Zelda games.

I thought Four Swords Adventures was a very good Zelda game. It was certainly unique to the series because of the differences it had from the other games in the series. At first I was unsure about those differences, but they grew onto me and Fours Swords Adventures is one of my favorites.

The biggest difference in Four Swords Adventures is the level system and world map. The world map was somewhat similar to those of a Super Mario Bros. game. Each individual place had four areas, I believe, to be cleared. Once you cleared an area, your health resets to the starting amount, your amount of force gems goes back to zero, you lose your item, and you advance to the next stage.

The items I think could have been done better. You only get to hold one item. I didn't really see a point in that and you would think that since you can separate the Links that you would be able to carry four different items, but you can't. However, I got use to that. The items also got upgrades if you could find certain fairy fountain in certain stages.

The way your Life worked was also different. In each level, you always start of with four heart containers, but only three are full. You can normally always find a Recovery Heart somewhere at the beginning to fill that empty one. To increase your health, you find random Heart Containers in chests. However, as I said above, it goes back to the four containers, three full when you beat a level. Also, the amount of Force Fairies in that game is ridiculous.

The last thing, that I can think of, that was a big difference, was what to do in each level. The whole point to each level is to collect a certain amount of Force Gems to power up the Four Swords. Once you collect the required amount, it's the same for all levels, you can fight the boss and clear the gates at the end.

A minor thing were some of the characters. There are times where you'll have to protect a character from harm so you can get something optional or to progress through the game. I think there's only two times for this, but the optional one is something you want to do.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
You have to remember that Four Swords Adventures is technically a spin-off game, which explains its different form of gameplay from other Zelda games. But I've heard that it got rather good ratings from gaming websites.

I've beaten it and I loved it. It is definitely not a bad game at all.

David

But you called me here...
I actually liked Four Swords Adventures. It was a pretty challenging game. When I played through some levels, I usually had no idea where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to do. I really liked how it had a feel kinda like ALttP. It was a very interesting game. My only issue with the game was how you couldn't keep your upgrades after beating a level. But I really liked how you could replay any level you want and get more "lives". It was a great game.

initialDable

going deku
FSA is quite a good game in my opinion. As the others were saying, it is unique. I liked the storyline for the game. I got the impression that the creators sort of used this game as an "experiment" to see how the fans would react to some of the game's features.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
FSA was my least favorite zelda, but it was still a great game. Sure it had flaws and was kind of repetetive, anyways I think it should at least have a tiny section here on ZD. It doesn't get a good reputation from my friends and Zelda fans, but come on it's Zelda isn't it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom