• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Founder of Kakariko Village in Skyward Sword?

With this new piece of information concerning the beginning of the game, it seems we will see one of the founders of Kakariko Village. We know Kakariko was founded by a Sheikah, and at the beginning of Skyward Sword: "An old woman is in the cave, she tells Link it is her duty to wait for “the one who would be sent from the sky.” Could this one who would be sent from the sky be the same "messenger to the heavens" we hear of in Twilight Princess?
From Impaz in TP: "Are you the messenger to the heavens?! Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca. From generation to generation, my ancestors have guarded the book that, by royal decree, was to be given to the messenger to the heavens. This is that book. Please, take it. This book is written in the ancient language of Sky Writing."
Now I'm on the fence of Oocca being in Skyward Sword, but I feel like the rest of this quote is plausible to support that we'll be seeing the very founder of Kakariko herself in SS. Impaz is implied to be a Sheikah, and saying "the legends of my clan" implies this messenger to the heavens deal is a Sheikah legend. Also, the book Impaz gives to Link is written in "Sky Writing" which is possibly the new language we've seen around Skyloft. Impaz also states: "This village was once the secret home of a proud tribe who served the royal family" Since the sign of the Hidden Village translates to "Old Kakariko" in Hylian, we can assume it is a very old/the first ever Kakariko. Some of this is speculation, some of it fact, and some theory, but what do you think? Could we see the founding and establishing of Kakariko in Skyward Sword, when it was an exclusive Sheikah village? In my opinion, the way things are shaping up, I'm seeing a big role for the Sheikah in this game, probably making up for their absence in later titles ^_^ Share your thoughts!

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
I love the way you put it together like that :D
It is very likely, and I sure hope so. But just the concept of the Oocca sorta ruins the whole thing :/ unless the Oocca really do appear in Skyward Sword. :D

D

DragonT

In the official artwork of Geapora (or whatever he is called) isn't he holding a Sheikah book that was seen in OOT 3D on a table in a house in Kakariko? I'm certain that's the book Impaz is reffering to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom