• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forum Games: What Do You Like/Dislike About Them?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*For the sake of this thread, Mafia can be included as a forum game.

Forum Games can be played on plenty of forums all across the web, including right here on Dungeon Gaming Network. Whether you find them fun, light-hearted and entertaining, or a designated section for intense spamming, Forum Games are going to stick around for years to come. My question to you is, what do you like and dislike about Forum Games? If that section of the forums were to be removed, what would your reaction be? In general, how often do you post in that section of the forums? Feel free to discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Forum games are a horrible way to relieve stress on these forums because that damned 60 second wait time between posts still affects those boards. Q_Q

Night Owl

~Momentai
Like: they are fun
Dislike: not much to dislike since, they're just there for fun.

If they were removed: Why'd you do that, where else to spammy posts belong ;)

I don't post there as often as I used to but still more than other sections.

I used to enjoy Forum Games more when I was new, but I still enjoy them from time to time. The problem with ZD's forum games section is there are only about ten threads that constantly receive attention, whereas the others are popular for a day or two, then forgotten.

Although the basic premise of mafia, it's fun to see what different players contribute to the game and see your own skills thinking and analytic skills evolve over time.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Like: It's just a fun place to get away from everything, I don't think it's spamming.
Dislike: People complaining about the Forum Games.

If the Forum Games section was removed I wouldn't know what to do. The forums would feel empty to me. I post in there regularly every day.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
oh yeah my most favorite aspect of Forum Games is that you can spam the **** out of that place. It's glorious.

What I like about them is that they're a great place to unwind and "have fun." What I dislike about them is the fact that many of them aren't games at all. There are no rules, no way to win/lose, and no challenge whatsoever. Of course, I am not saying that all FGs have to be as described; I just think it'd be neat if more of them were. The ratio between actual forum games is 1/100.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
They're ok, the games, I mean. I created several that I still love, and for the most part there are too many to keep up with.

If they were removed, I wouldn't think anything or wouldn't be upset; if the staff thought it was best to remove them, then I would agree with their decision. If they stay though, they aren't hurting anyone: posts don't count. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dude, you spam every other section of the forums...

I do try to treat my posts in other sections somewhat seriously, although I have noted several times that I am typically a non-serious person (I know there's a word for that somewhere :rolleyes:). However, don't take my non-serious attitude to mean that I treat everywhere like it's Forum Games...I really don't :I

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I used to post like crazy in the Forum Games, but then I eventually got bored of them. I may head over and make a post or two in that section once in a while, but not everytime I sign in.

Like: It's a place that almost always has activity. You can come to DGN at 2:00am, and the Forum Games may be the only place where there is activity. I also like that it is nice to go enjoy a forum game after a long day of posting in the "legit" boards.

Dislike: The Top Posters list is a little misleading. You can get on there from spamming the Forum Games, even though post count is disabled. Top posters should be the people that post in what I call the "legit" threads, because I don't count the Forum Games posts as "posts" as much as "turns." Not really a reason to dislike the board in general, but hey; there's really not much to dislike about the Forum Games. :P

If that section were to be removed, it wouldn't affect me as much now as it would 1 month and a half ago. I hardly ever post in that section anymore, and it's pretty much only the rating games if/when I do. But, I know other people would be affected by it.

All in all, I think the Forum Games are a great addition to the forums. It is a great place to just go and chill, if you don't feel much like posting.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Dislike: The Top Posters list is a little misleading. You can get on there from spamming the Forum Games, even though post count is disabled. Top posters should be the people that post in what I call the "legit" threads, because I don't count the Forum Games posts as "posts" as much as "turns." Not really a reason to dislike the board in general, but hey; there's really not much to dislike about the Forum Games. :P

3g1ch.png

33uvr

32Ovr.png

33tK3

32OdR

^^

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Exactly my point. It should be for the people that actually take the time to make that many posts, instead of typing two digit numbers whilst conversing with your besties :P

My gosh, I cannot agree with you more. Generally speaking, I have no real issues with Forum Games, but this bugs me a lot. There are plenty of users on here who dedicate their time to making informative posts, but they can't shine because of useless Forum Games spam taking up the leader board. To say the least, I'm grateful that post count is disabled for that section of the forums.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Exactly my point. It should be for the people that actually take the time to make that many posts, instead of typing two digit numbers whilst conversing with your besties :P

I can agree.

I honestly hate being the top poster sometimes. I don't feel like I deserve it because of those reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom