• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Former Vigil Employee on Wii U: "5 Reasons Why Nintendo Made a Believer Out of Me"

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The senior UI designer for Darksiders II, Xander Davis, has recently written a blog on Tumblr about how he has changed his once cynical views on the Wii U. Whereas he once called it a "$400 360 seven years late", he now has faith in the console and is every bit on board with it as he is the PS4. Reason being, he received an overview on the Big N's policies with indie devs (which he now is) due to fans wanting his currently-in-development game CIDER to come to the Wii U eShop. He liked what he saw, so he took a chance on the console -- and the chance paid off.

Read the blog entry to get the full details. It's quite the read. :)

:O Wow. That was actually quite a read. It's pretty good that you shared that with us. Really, I believe more people should be more open to the Wii U. Just because it's the "Xbox 360, seven years late" doesn't mean you can't do things with it still and even unique things with it.

Yes, I read about this earlier.

Whereas the PS4 and Xbox One have tablet integration, it's not the same as a dedicated second screen.

I think a lot of people are skeptical of the Wii U coming off the Wii's success. To be fair, Nintendo and third party developers have been fairly conservative in using the controller's screen limiting it to off screen play and menus. While it's certainly convenient, it's not revolutionary. Hopefully, the Game Pad's full potential is unlocked in the years to come, and Nintendo will convince consumers and investors alike why a button based tablet controller is the next step after motion based gaming.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Whereas the PS4 and Xbox One have tablet integration, it's not the same as a dedicated second screen.
*Although

This was a good read but I still agree that it's a $300/$360 Xbox 360 seven years far too late. Still, it's here, so make the most of it. It's not like we have to pay any subscription services for the thing, so while the damage was done...it wasn't SIGNIFICANT damage at all. :I

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It's a shame others just won't change their tune to it until it starts to sell a lot better, the Wii U still suffers considerably from a development stand-point. Too much work. But it'll be a while before its tech is un-supported at least.

It was a good read, though. I'm glad that Nintendo are finally offering some support to Indie developers. Sony does the same, there's been a lot of love going towards them, whereas Microsoft are currently on the road to repair still, but heading in a good direction. Nice to see Nintendo doing a good job. I'm happy the Industry as a whole is finally giving Indie developers the attention they deserve. :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
360 seven years late? what cockemamy saying is this? The Wii U has superior memory and processing abilities alongside its unique library of games and its frees services. It's above and beyond the 360, and its my consoles for this gen.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's a shame others just won't change their tune to it until it starts to sell a lot better

Well, it's mainly just the large third party companies that are shying away from the system. Indie developers (with the exception of this moron) are eating it up due to Nintendo's very indie-friendly policies. Most of the games coming out throughout the rest of this year and all through 2014 are actually indie games being released on the Wii U eShop. Not surprising, considering indie development has skyrocketed lately, but it's still pretty impressive and shows how much stride Nintendo has made to make their new console accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom