• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forgetting the Other Zelda Games?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Don't you think it'll just waste our time trying to figure out which games came first of half of them are not even part of the original story?!

Think about it. Theirs three or four Legend of Zelda games that revolve around Ganondorf. And I just think that, people should focus on the story-line involving Ganondorf because that is what the whole series is about.

The Triforce Symbolizes the Three Goddesses that created Hyrule. You see the Triforce in ALL of the games but it only comes into the picture when Ganondorf is in the picture, as well. I mean, he WANTED the triforce.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
so your saying that none of the game matter except the four with ganondorf because if so you are very wrong. All of the other games feature either Ganon or Vaati. And the series started with Ganon. the games with Ganon should if nothing be the most important. the games with Ganondorf are only the newer games. You are probably only saying this because you didnt take the time to go back and play the games that actually started the Zelda series. All of the games are important but the older games should be up at the top if their is anything because they are the cornerstone that built the zelda series

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I am not implying that the other games are useless and are no good to the Series. But what I am saying is that, the original story started with Ganondorf. And the other games that have Ganondorf in them as well, seem to fit into eachother like a puzzle. But, what about the games that do not have Ganondorf? What do they have to do with the picture?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
well it is normally seen like this
/WW
OOT
\MM-TP
These are all the games that have Ganondorf in them

ok on both sides of the timeline Ganonodrf has turned into at one point or the other Ganon and then later died(WW and TP). So from those points their is know more ganondorf because Ganondorf the human has died but Ganon the demon lived on.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I think all the Zelda games are important.I'm not that good at timelines but every zelda game is important.But that's my opinion not yours.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
The only games that we ACTUALLY know that Ganondorf died in was WW and Twilight Princess.

In Legend of Zelda, we do not actually know if he just vanished or if he was actually killed. And in Ocarina of Time, we all know that the Seven Sages used their power to lsend Ganondorf somewhere.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The only games that we ACTUALLY know that Ganondorf died in was WW and Twilight Princess.
Agreed. Of course he can only die once per timeline, unless he is resurrected somehow (and so far that isn't the case).

In Legend of Zelda, we do not actually know if he just vanished or if he was actually killed.
We know that Ganon is killed in LoZ because his minions are trying to resurrect him in AoL.
We can assume he died in LttP because he was killed in the same way, but that point is debatable.

And in Ocarina of Time, we all know that the Seven Sages used their power to lsend Ganondorf somewhere.
Right. They seal him in the SR.

What are you trying to argue again?

I am not implying that the other games are useless and are no good to the Series. But what I am saying is that, the original story started with Ganondorf. And the other games that have Ganondorf in them as well, seem to fit into eachother like a puzzle. But, what about the games that do not have Ganondorf? What do they have to do with the picture?

Actually, most of the games have something to do with Ganondorf/Ganon. The ones that don't, we pretty much already know where they go on the timeline, or we know why Ganon is absent from them.

* Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker all have to do primarily with Ganondorf being the ultimate bad guy.

* Adventure of Link and the Oracle titles take place after Ganon was destroyed, and both games ultimately revolve around followers of Ganon trying to resurrect him. Link's Awakening happens because the people of Hyrule are afraid that Ganon will return (after ALttP), so Link leaves to search for enlightenment and to prepare if Ganon is to return. He ends up getting shipwrecked, etc.

* In Four Swords Adventures, Ganon is the final bad guy and the reason that everything is happening in the game. Four Swords is a prequel to FSA, so those connect. Minish Cap is a legend by the time of FSA. So, the entire Four Sword Saga begins with MC and leads up to Ganon being the final bad guy at the end of it.

* The only other games to not feature Ganon directly are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, which we already know where they go on the timeline and we know that Ganon isn't in them because he was killed in Wind Waker.

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
I believe most games are somehow connected to Ganondorf. Also, it's funny how your not including Ganon, who is one more games. Like, OoA, ZI, ZII, ALttP, LA, OoT, WW, FSA, AND TP, he appears/is gthe main villain. Thirdly, in most of those games, he is the one that wants the triforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom