• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forget Voices! We Need Real Music!

I hope this game will awoid those really bad music moments tp had, DON'T get me wrong, i loved tp music,
but in the climax of a cutscene it just didn't do it...

T

theangelraine

If neither appeared in Skyward Sword I wouldn't be too disappointed.
I love orchestrated music but it isn't like I was dying from the chiptunes. I still thought the music in TP was pretty.
Voice acting just seems like it would be weird though, it just doesn't seem very Zelda to me. I like the random noises the characters make now.XD
(not that I hate voice acting.)

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I think Miyamoto said "After what we did withthe music in Super Mario Galaxy, we can't NOT do that with Zelda" or something along those lines. Anyways, I really can't wait for the music! Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 had amazing music. Could you imagine classic songs like the Song of Healing, Oath to Order or Gerudo Valley in orchestration? That would be heaven.

As for voices, I really don't want them, especially for Link. The text boxes make it so much more unique compared to other games. Though I wouldn't mind what they did in the Wind Waker how Link could say "Come on!" when calling people or when Beedle said stuff like "Hey!" or "Thank you!". Those would be fine if that was used frequently in the game, but entire sentences might ruin it.

D

deathsword94

thats a rly good point. its also why he's not called "link" from the start because its YOU. YOu have to put ur name down. but i think there shud some scifi midevil type voice acting in this game. it would make it sooo much more relatable and more cinematic, something a lot of games have done lately. TP was more heavely cinematic and it made the game RLY good. as for the music, it is going to be orchestrated. :)

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I would love to have orchestrated music. It sounds so much more realistic than the digitally made music that Nintendo has used in most of their games. Plus they would probably be able to do more if they did orchestrated music.
Now about voice acting...I wouldn't mind, but only if it was good. If it God awful like in the CD-i games I would absolutely hate it. I also wouldn't like it very much if Link spoke. Something about him talking just doesn't seem right. I would only like it if the acting was good and Link was quiet.

Hey, I liked Mario Sunshines voice acting too! Except flud or whatever. he was just annoying.
I think it'd make the characters more memorable if they did it and did it well, it being zelda, they would do it well.
I'd rather have the charm of REAL music though than voice acting, but both would really make it incredible, like... super incredible.

they'd better not do voice acting! it would ruin some of the classic zeldaness. its worst then making link right handed *wispers to self* i can handle it.... I can handle it*.

The music in the game will be great no matter what, I've yet to see a zelda game with poor music.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I'd actually like both, but definitely prefer orchestrated music. Though if they get good voice actors and let people who don't want voice acting turn the voices off, it could be a win-win.

I wouldn't say the music we've had isn't "real music". I don't think that's quite fair. What makes a song great? Its composition and design, or the quality of the playback?

Now as far as voices go. We've heard a lot of bad voice acting in video games. Especially ones that originated in Japan. If we have voices recorded in this new Zelda game. Nintendo of America better hire some top freakin Hollywood voice actors otherwise it could depreciate the value of the game. Don't worry! I'd still play and love the game.
It's true we've heard a lot of bad voice-acting, but I personally think that alone as a reason for not having it in Zelda (or any game really) is a largely irrelevant argument.

Nintendo is capable of getting good voice-actors, and I'm dead certain they would settle for nothing less for Zelda. I don't see why someone would assume otherwise; they obviously take Zelda incredibly seriously.

If I were to choose between the two I would pick orchestrated tracks over voices anyday.
That's tough for me. I love music above all else, but I think since we already have well-composed songs it would make a more significant difference if they added voice-acting.

Either way, I do not think we're limited in any way to one or the other, and I remain pretty confident we'll see both in Skyward Sword.

It would be more realistic if the characters didn't speak English.
Technically true, although to be fair, even the most historically accurate media uses the language of the people who'll be watching it. :P

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
My opinion on voice acting has changed a bit. Before I was totally against it being in any future Zelda games since it might take away the storybook-like impression I always got whenever I played, and that the voice acting would result it into being too linear because of the scripting. However, knowing Nintendo, I'm certain that they wouldn't go overboard with it and give it to every single character during every scene, nor would they give Link any lines. If they do, it should only be during crucial moments where it would help to know what exactly is going on in Link's head.

Plus, I'm sure that they would choose a fine cast for this game. No one wants the quality to diminish because of one minor new feature, and because it would be the first game to feature voice acting (well...they always did, technically, what with the random noises/laughs/ect...I think actual spoken dialog would be the proper way to describe this) they would spend extra time in making sure they chose experienced actors and the script was nothing short of amazing.

I don't think that they will do voice acting for this one. They said that it's mainly completed, and while I'm not entirely sure when they started developing SS, but I just can't seem to imagine this game with voices. Maybe I'm just used to text dialog and can't fathom actual voices being in a Zelda game? I don't know. But if they did, I'm sure they would pull it off quite nicely.

yeah, orchestrated music is already garanteed.

Now about voice acting, I think the games feels much more artistic without it. I mean, the caracters don't speak, they make gestures and expressions to express their feelings. That has always been a trademark of the Zelda games, and I think it's awesome. Of course, you could easily keep this alongside the voice acting, and that's why, although I'd probably prefer the silent style, Zelda should TRY to make at least one game with voice acting, just to check the end result. It'd not hurt, as the game would still be awesome.

What I would really like though, is if they made the characters talk gibberish like Midna. That was so adorable XD.

HELL YEAH AGREED!!
Okami, for PS2, was like that. All the characters talked gibberish, and it was really funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom