• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forever Alone in School

I was wondering how people react when they walk into school on the first day and realize they have nobody but complete strangers in their class. For me, it's the worst feeling ever, I hate making new friends because I'm just bad at it. So I was wondering, when you find yourself alone in a class, how do you deal with it?
Do you make new friends?
Do you pretty much outcast yourself and remain alone?
How do you handle it?

It's embarrassing to admit but my entire demeanor changes when I have no friends around. I'm very quiet, shy, and can actually be pretty rude if someone tries to talk to me and I snap easily . . . I'm hoping this thread will ease my nerves for the upcoming school year since I have a huge fear of the first day.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a very small group of friends, so whenever none of them are in the same class as me, I get very shy around most other people and almost never talk. I pretty much just stay quiet and occasionally I will talk to people, but usually only when they speak to me first (I am not very good at starting conversations).

It's always difficult transitioning from the summer into the school year and I know at my school everyone checks to see which classes they have with their friends especially if they share the same lunch period. Don't sweat preparing for the start of a new school year, everyone does to an extent.

School has always been a social environment and instructors are pushing towards developing improved communication skills through various team building activities in their classes. This helps breaks the ice between you and others on your class you've never met before.

I traditionally start the year by conversing with people I know and then try to branch out and acquaint myself with unfamiliar faces. That said I endeavor to avoid jocks and the people I deem to be in the negative popular crowd so to speak although I myself I'm rather popular but in different ways. I want people to accept me for who I am and when they do I know they'll make great friends.

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
I know how you feel. For a long time that was me too. But I just decided to be nice to everyone. Eventually I began to make lots of friends, cool kids and nerds alike.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I usually just keep to myself anyway so it doesn't matter to me whether the people in a class are familiar to me or if the're complete strangers; it doesn't affect me either way. That being said, it can be kind of annoying to me when people I don't know and have no interest in getting to know try to strike up conversation with me.

Dan

It's always difficult transitioning from the summer into the school year and I know at my school everyone checks to see which classes they have with their friends especially if they share the same lunch period. Don't sweat preparing for the start of a new school year, everyone does to an extent.

School has always been a social environment and instructors are pushing towards developing improved communication skills through various team building activities in their classes. This helps breaks the ice between you and others on your class you've never met before.

I traditionally start the year by conversing with people I know and then try to branch out and acquaint myself with unfamiliar faces. That said I endeavor to avoid jocks and the people I deem to be in the negative popular crowd so to speak although I myself I'm rather popular but in different ways. I want people to accept me for who I am and when they do I know they'll make great friends.

That normally makes me feel worse. I can recall having to throw a ball around the class and we had to introduce ourselves and tell everyone where we were from. I was never good at presentations on any scale. Except for one time anyway.

In any case I normally let them talk to me first.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've never had much trouble with this issue. I guess when I first started high school it was a bit of an issue cause I went to a school where I knew virtually nobody (everyone I did know from middle school somehow became d-bags over the summer). My first day I had a Metallica t-shirt on and that's how I got to be good friends with a really great friend in my class. I got to know him and his friends and some other people and it was pretty easy. If you get to know one person, eventually you'll get to know other people and it won't be so hard. Just open up a little. Make small talk with people who seem like they'd make a good friend (I know, easier said than done). Simple topics like sports, video games, music, movies, life, etc. should work.

Good luck! :D

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'll be an outcast.I'm terribly bad at making friends.I'm actually a person who's timid, very shy.But eventually people will make friends with me and I really don't know why...

octorok74

TETTAC
I used to have this feeling. The hardest part is going from grade school to high school or high school to college, because it is a completely different crowd. I've never really cared much to make friends myself. I prefer to let other people talk to me first or just wait til a group project gets assigned. Though I'm a bit more talkative now, so I'm getting out there. I guess I have to if I want to get a girl.

Fig

The Altruist
I have a small group of friends, so when I find out I don't have any of them in my class I get even more sad and lonely and my only friend is my teachers, who most of the them are the only ones I talk to in class if I have no friends in class. :c

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, I hate people. So whenever I find myself in that situation, I distant myself from them. If anyone makes the effort to try and talk to me, then whatever. Either we get along or we don't. I never make it my business to try and make friends, that's just pathetic. It just happens.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have a group of about 15 good friends, none of which were my friends in primary school. So overtime I've been ok at making new friends. I wouldn't call myself popular but most people at my school know me (not always personally though), there are awkward situations when someones like "Hi Jimmy" and I'm thinking "Who the hell are you".

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Obviously, I would prefer it if I had classes with my friends, but of course, that's not always to case. What I usually do is I stay quiet for like the first week or so, and observe to see what kind of people are like me and what kind of people I would be good friends with. After noting that, I/we will start a friendship and the friendship will go on from there.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I'm fover alone in school.
I used to have 29 friends last year. Over the year, each on one them ditched me until I had 7 friends. Then the last two ditched me yesterday.
5 friends left.

I know how you feel Druggie, i'm also a very shy person so it's kind of hard for me to start a conversation and i tend to be distant with other people.
Most of the time it's thanks to my friends that i can make new friends, otherwise people hate me and think i'm awkward...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom