• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forest Temple from TP = Deku Tree?

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
From the title, you can probably already tell what I'm thinking. The Twilight Princess Forest Temple could possibly be a very withered Deku Tree that died out after the events of OoT. What is my evidence? First of all, pay attention to the symbols on the doors inside the temple. They are shaped like the spiritual stone of the forest, the symbol of the Kokiri. Second, have you ever payed attention to the temple exterior? It looks like a giant tree. You're probably wondering, "but what about the face?" The tree's face could have withered away over time. Third, think of the surrounding area! Not so far away is the sacred grove, a very lost woods like area, not to mention that skull kid is your guide through the forest. And the path that leads to the temple could very well be the path from the kokiri forest to the tree. Where are the Kokiri? They could have possibly died out long ago, and the Ordonians built their village on top of the kokiris'. So, what do you think? Could the forest temple could have been the simple dungeon from OoT remodeled?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Why would you say that? Every time a Deku Tree dies, a sprout takes its place and the other one withers away. We can see that with The Wind Waker. The Forest Temple is just the Forest Temple. Really, I'd say it's supposed to be the same one from Ocarina of Time, as we have the Lakebed Temple, which is the Water Temple. The dungeons were just redesigned.

Why would you say that? Every time a Deku Tree dies, a sprout takes its place and the other one withers away. We can see that with The Wind Waker.

only if the area near the tree is cleansed of evil, wich it wasn't nesceraliy on the Child Timeline, also, it looks much more like a tree than a mansion if you ask me, I find Fullmetal's theory to be very possible.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
only if the area near the tree is cleansed of evil, wich it wasn't nesceraliy on the Child Timeline, also, it looks much more like a tree than a mansion if you ask me, I find Fullmetal's theory to be very possible.

The Forest was never changed on the CT. Ganondorf was chased out of Hyrule and didn't touch the Triforce, therefore never turning Hyrule into an evil-filled world.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
When I first played TP I thought it was quite implied that it was the deku tree - or at least a big tree in the neighbourhood of the deku tree. The must have known putting a temple inside a tree would make people think that. It also has no resemblance to the forest temple from OoT (inside or out), so I think that theory is pretty bust.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
im going purely from memory right now but it could be the deku tree from Oot, i don't thinl ot resembles the other forest temple much at all. that one feels more like ruins while the one in TP feels like its a bunch of interconnected trees. the largest one could be the deku tree with all the spiders and plant things

The Forest was never changed on the CT. Ganondorf was chased out of Hyrule and didn't touch the Triforce, therefore never turning Hyrule into an evil-filled world.

but link was probably not returned to the time before ganondorf cursed the deku tree, so the deku tree still died, and as we can see, the deku sprout didn't return before the evil in the forest was vanished by link and saria in the forest temple, so it's reasonable to assume that were still some evil in the forest in the period from gohmas death to ganondor getting the triforce

Hero of…. #s, I guess
The deku tree still died though

True, but since the land wasn't an evil wasteland, as JuicieJ said, the Deku Tree Sprout was able to grow almost immediately, and almost certainly would have become a fully grown Deku Tree by the time of Twilight Princess.

Michael Heide said:
It's very close to the Temple of Time, though. And in OoT, the temple and the Deku Tree were a lot farther apart.

Unfortunately, geography is not a great proof when it comes to Zelda Theory, because the developers changed it a lot over the times, modifying it to fit the specific game they designed. The Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time maps have many geographical differences. By using geography to support this theory means that I could create a theory Gerudo Desert moved many miles south between the two games since it is a lot closer to Lake Hylia in TP than in OoT.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Actually, geography can be used for a lot between TP and OoT. They flipped the entire game around for the Wii bersion since it was originally meant for the GameCube so if you play the Wii version, you have to think of everything mirrored.
Anyway, the only real geographical difference is the place of the Temple of Time and the Master Sword.
Also, simply to make the map a bit, well, not as wide as the OoT map they did move a few things. Zora's Domain is a little farther northeast than it was in OoT and Kakariko Village was moved a little to the south.

Anyway, there's the little tree stump thing that you have to stand on the make Midna warp you to the Sacred Grove. If you stand there and look at the entrance to the Forest Temple, it looks like a tree, but only about 1/5 of the tree. It looks like someone took a slice at the top 4/5 of the tree. In the Wind Waker, the tree's face was pretty high off the ground so it could be that tree (unlikely) or it could be another Deku Tree with a high face and something happened to it right before the game starts and then the Twilight makes a new tree unable to grow back. That's the only explanation I can think of for this being a Deku Tree.

I don't think this is the Deku Tree.

You could count Deku Trees as a race so they might have died out. You never know.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I have to admit, there are a lot of geographical similarities between OoT and TP, it's just that some things could have been moved over time. It could be that, at one time, all of Ordona Province and the lower half of Faron Province covered the entire Kokiri Forest area. Saying that, it would make sense that the Deku Tree became the new forest temple after withering away. Since Link returned to the past at the end of OoT, that means the new deku tree never sprouted and some evil remained in the forest. What happened to the other Forest Temple is unknown.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
On the contrary, there are many geographical differences between Ocarina of Time and even the GCN version of Twilight Princess

OOT3D_Map_of_Hyrule.png

Hyrule_tp.png

You can see, for example, that Gerudo Desert is adjacent to Lake Hylia and a lot further to the south in the latter map, among many other geographical differences, such as Zora's Domain being further to the north. So really, you don't have a leg to stand on if you are using minor geographic differences between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess to argue a theory.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The deku tree still died though

Yes, and a sprout would have taken its place.

When I first played TP I thought it was quite implied that it was the deku tree - or at least a big tree in the neighbourhood of the deku tree. The must have known putting a temple inside a tree would make people think that. It also has no resemblance to the forest temple from OoT (inside or out), so I think that theory is pretty bust.

Did the Lakebed Temple have any resemblance to the Water Temple? No. Yet it's obviously the same one.

It's very close to the Temple of Time, though. And in OoT, the temple and the Deku Tree were a lot farther apart.

Well, keep in mind that in ALttP, the MS was in the Sacred Grove, and the SG was confirmed to be the Temple of Time dismantled in TP. The placement of the ToT has nothing to do with anything, as geography doesn't matter in Zelda (in placement).

but link was probably not returned to the time before ganondorf cursed the deku tree, so the deku tree still died, and as we can see, the deku sprout didn't return before the evil in the forest was vanished by link and saria in the forest temple, so it's reasonable to assume that were still some evil in the forest in the period from gohmas death to ganondor getting the triforce

Of course he didn't go back farther than when the Deku Tree was cursed, but the Deku Tree had been dead for 7 years when the Deku Tree sprout came up in OoT. That means it would have happened on the CT, as well.

On the contrary, there are many geographical differences between Ocarina of Time and even the GCN version of Twilight Princess.

Yes, and the CG map is really the "official" one for TP, as the GC is in all reality the "real" version.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
Did the Lakebed Temple have any resemblance to the Water Temple? No. Yet it's obviously the same one.

Inside no, but the outside very much resembled it, and the location was more directly related (the forest is a lot bigger and more complicated than lake hylia). I'm also not sure what point you're getting at here, as it sounds like you're saying they don't have to look the same to be the same - which leaves no hint that they are the same aside from the name, which is a generic name anyways.

I see no reason the TP forest temple is the OoT forest temple. They don't look at all the same, the location doesn't look at all the same (aside from being in a forest, which is not much), and I can't think of any other clues that suggested it might be the same (if there are, please don't hold out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom