• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forest Haven Mystery Ledge

I've got a Wind Waker question that no walk-thru guide I've found has addressed. There's a ledge with an exit in Forest Haven / Deku Forest (interior) ABOVE the ledge you use to reach the Nintendo Gallery island. I've tried a hundred times to reach it using the single bulb on the Nintendo Gallery ledge (via flying across with Deku leaf after reaching the highest point in the "jump"), but I'm always just short. You can also clearly see this ledge from the outside as well, although the game won't allow seagulls to fly up to it.

Is this possibly a portion of the game that developers never completed? What is the point of that single bulb on the second-highest ledge if not to reach the highest ledge?

Hoping somebody here has an answer! This is driving me insane.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There is a leaf platform on the Deku Tree that is higher than the one that had the Deku Leaf on it. Use the Bulb on the platform to land on it, then fly across to the highest doorway. Outside you'll be on a ledge that, if the wind is changed to the right direction, you'll land on an Island with a Chest on it. I believe it has a map inside?

Actually, I'm looking at the exterior now, there is no ledge above the one leading to the Gallery, I think the ledge you are looking at is the one you use to get to the gallery in the first place. There is one to the right (looking from the Nintendo gallery Island) but that one is the means to get to the Dungeon. There is a ledge with a doorway below it, but it is way below the ledge to fly to the gallery, I don't recall what it leads to but it can be accessed from the Haven interior. Now, to the left near the path leading to the entrance to the Haven there is an ledge with bushes that has no doorway, but it looks like it has nothing noteworthy.

I'm going to post some pictures here ASAP to confirm we're talking about the same ledge. Thanks for the response!

Never mind the pictures, we were talking about the same ledge. I had just failed to get on that leaf before. Thanks so much for the tip! Odd that none of the game guides mention this, isn't it? Maybe because you can reach that treasure chest island from the Nintendo Gallery ledge simply by changing wind direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom