• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forest Demo at E3 is Not in the Final Game!

So I read up at nintendoeverything.com that Craig had an interview with Aonuma and Miyamoto, and in this summary he confirms that the e3 demo won't be in the final game.

Source:
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/43356/

ALSO, in this interview:

"I also asked Nintedo Representative Julie Gagnon some questions about the demo, and got a few interesting tidbits:"

- The demo level was created just for E3. It’s not the first dungeon of the game or anything, although (obviously) aspects of it will be in the final game."

Source:
http://wildgunmen.com/blog/2010/06/21/e3-zelda-skyward-sword-revelations/

Also, its confirmed in many other interviews that graphics are being improved and changed slightly.

So there you have it guys, we've officially seen how the controls work, and the graphical style IDEA.
We haven't seen anything yet!

Discuss?

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Yes! This is a big relief for me. I was thinking it was going to be one of those dungeon-overworld combinations like FSA. So that's another thing off my list, now pretty much all I have to worry about is character developement and story.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
This is great news!!!

Because the controls look really solid (I worry about the shield, but all else looks great), and the idea or concept for the art style is great even though it looks unfinished and a little cruddy in some spots. So yeah, this is good! Go fix up those trees Nintendo!

@Linebeck1000

Yeah, they haven't given ANY details on that either. But from what I heard at the round table, or was it the Iwata interview at e3.nintendo.com. They said they are heavily focusing on things that make zelda fun, including character interctions, so I have a great feeling it'll be improved in that area.

So there you have it guys, we've officially seen how the controls work, and the graphical style IDEA.
We haven't seen anything yet!

I was wondering, because the demo looked like it had a convenient puzzle for every item in Link's inventory. At the same time, I'm a little sad because we still have no idea what Hyrule/Skyloft will look like. I hope they still keep the background scenery, it looked amazing.

I think they will have the same style, I just think they'll improve on it so it becomes a wow factor... hopefully, I think it looks sweet, but it can beimproved on. And I hope they still have puzzles for every item in one area, otherwise it gets too predictable.

That's good news I guess. I hope the overword in the actual game is more vast and expansive, yet more detailed at the same time. Kind of like Wind Waker's but with land and things to find around every corner, but still with a challenge.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I also had that impression when I first watched it. The opening trailer seemed thrown together last-minute (except the music -- that gave me the chills. Was that Kondo?), and I didn't notice the trees themselves but overall the environment looked like it could use some improvement. The area also seemed like it was made for the sole purpose of demo'ing the swordplay and items. I'm happy that they gave us something to see that wasn't the final product so we can be even more wow'd when we get the game ourselves next year.

Ya, I agree. I'd rather not know too much when I buy it, I love surprises. Unfortunately, I can't help myself read about zelda info leaked... I have promblems :'( lol

T

TomIsJaded

that proves that the suiside falll off the clouds was jsut an e3 trailer. Nothing more. Woot for the interview!

i still think thats going to be in the game because miyamoto said that the cliff dive will be very important and the way link gets from hyrule to skylloft

Yeah, I have a feeling, the suicide jump thing will be in it. Maybe it'll act just like super mario galaxy where the sword just allows link to soar to the location, or he lands on a creature that flys him around. Or something along those lines...

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
[FONT=&quot]Doesn't surprise me, and I think I said that I didn't think what was shown at E3 was going to be in the game via the facebook discussion.

Have to say that i'm quite happy at having it confirmed; hopefully they'll tone down the colours just a tad so they don't seem quite so blindingly bright.

[/FONT]

F

Fierce_Midna333

i think we might still have the scorpion ghoma and the suicide dive; they only confirmed that they aren't using the demo they showed wouldn't appear in the final game. They didn't say anything about the trailer places and people not appearing in the game. But we will have to see! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom