• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Splatoon For those on ZD who have Splatoon 2, are you planning to buy Splatoon 3 as well?

Threads relating to the Splatoon series.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I am so so excited for the release of Splatoon 3! The recent direct got me so hyped up.The demo's going to be awesome, and as soon as it comes out I'm going to get it as soon as possible. I love the designs for the three idols (especially Shiver's <3), and the splatana looks so fun to use while battling. I don't have Splatoon 2, so there's no problems for me there, but when I heard of the release of 3, I always wondered what would happen to the players of Splatoon 2. I don't doubt many are going to buy the game, but I bet there'll be several who'll just stick with 2.
Soo, for those of you who do have Splatoon 2, will you get 3 too?

Heck yea! I actually wasn't sure if i was gonna go for it at release, but I'm currently feeling a wave of hype so honestly I would love if I could. Only problem is I just recently went out for a game so it feels weird to run out and get another one two weeks later, but I'm sure it's not an issue. The idols are great, I already love them from the premiere. Haven't really gotten a real impression of the new faculty type characters, but my only real complaint with the cast is how creepy Murch looks with such realistic human proportions in a universe of characters and creatures that do not have those proportions.

I think the big selling points for the upgrade from 2 to 3 will be that the player base will probably largely shift to 3 so if you're interested in playing with friends, it's probably a good upgrade to make. And second, they're supposedly using a different netcode that Monster Hunter Rise uses so there have been some hopes that the online experience will be smoother. Which I didn't have too many issues playing Splatoon 2 overall, but disconnects were a thing that happened, and I think with the three-way splatfest battles, it'll be vital they try to keep that to a minimum.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yep! It looks really good! I really like the new hub and overall theme of it, the idols seem to have really good dynamics (and I love Big Man) and I’m excited for new features like new things in Salmon Run and 3 battle turf wars, and quality of life things. I think I’m gonna get it since I liked Splatoon 2

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Heck yea! I actually wasn't sure if i was gonna go for it at release, but I'm currently feeling a wave of hype so honestly I would love if I could. Only problem is I just recently went out for a game so it feels weird to run out and get another one two weeks later, but I'm sure it's not an issue. The idols are great, I already love them from the premiere. Haven't really gotten a real impression of the new faculty type characters, but my only real complaint with the cast is how creepy Murch looks with such realistic human proportions in a universe of characters and creatures that do not have those proportions.

I don't know how someone couldn't feel so much hype with that direct and stuff. I haven't felt this excited for a game release in quite awhile. Plus the splatfest is coming up in a couple days! eeeee
I wasn't so keep on Frye's design at first, but pretty soon after I started warming up to her and now I love them all. Seeing their interactions in-game is gonna be fun.
Oh yeah Murch is.....something alright. Honestly Spyke from splatoon looked cooler. he was creepy, but in a good way.

I think the big selling points for the upgrade from 2 to 3 will be that the player base will probably largely shift to 3 so if you're interested in playing with friends, it's probably a good upgrade to make. And second, they're supposedly using a different netcode that Monster Hunter Rise uses so there have been some hopes that the online experience will be smoother. Which I didn't have too many issues playing Splatoon 2 overall, but disconnects were a thing that happened, and I think with the three-way splatfest battles, it'll be vital they try to keep that to a minimum.

I still play Splatoon on the wii u (well I did, until the wii u pad started to drift slightly a little bit ago ;-; ) and yeah online battles can disconnect sometimes. Or glitches happen. Once I joined a battle and the whole turf was already completely covered in the opposing teams ink, plus one of the inklings on the other teams had infinite bombs just flying everywhere. Honestly it was really funny seeing the bombs flying around so fast, but after it happened a few more times it got annoying pretty quickly haha

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
For the competitive fans there'll be a lot of reasons to move over to Splatoon 3

This type of thing is not new at all in competitive gaming, a great example is StarCraft, where SC2 and brood war are both played competitively even today. Yes Splatoon 2 will still have competitive players who prefer that meta but the vast majority will be playing on Splatoon 3 and we can expect a more exciting more fine tuned metagame as the patches release

TLDR I and many others will swap over to splat3

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Absolutely! Splatoon is probably my favorite series. I like playing the story mode and seeing the lore in addition to the online aspect. So I'm excited to see what happens in 3, considering 2 used the results of the final Splatfest in 1 to continue the story. Plus more Callie and Marie in story mode!

Plus there are so many new features and changes that just seem like they'll make the game a step up from 2. The match replay feature is great. I can get more clips than just the short ones I remember to save during a match. And I can go back and see what I did and can improve on in matches. I feel like that's going to be a big feature of competitive play.

Also, new Splatfests! I'll get to experience them all since I'll have the game at launch this time. I'm excited to see the themes now that there are three teams.

I'm hoping maybe they'll add a new ranked mode in an update later on. I won't be upset if they don't since they have 4 modes already (though they can replace Clam Blitz and I would be happy, lol).

Also I know more people who enjoy Splatoon now so I can play with people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom