• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors For everyone NOT getting AoC

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think I'm the only one... Hopefully? If you're not getting AoC tomorrow for whatever reason, this thread is for us to hang out, tell why we aren't getting AoC, talk about whatever. I'm not getting it for the simple reason I don't have a Switch.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m completely indifferent to the game, seeing as how I hated the original HW. Couple that with the fact that I thought BotW was a very mediocre title to begin with and we have one very apathetic Zelda fan.

im eventually going to get the game, but I doubt it’s going to fix most of my problems with HW so I’m probably not going to enjoy it that much. It does look much better visually though, so that’s one point towards AoC.

Ive seen landfills more visually appealing then HW though, so I doubt that’s gonna be a massive plus.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't like buying games new, I only make exceptions for games I'm really excited for or if it's something I feel can use the support, which is why I went for Pikmin 3 this month instead of Age of Calamity [I'm also looking at Sakuna of Rice and Ruin]

sure I want to play it, but I don't mind waiting a few months to get it used

I'm also looking at Sakuna of Rice and Ruin
I'm playing this currently, and I'm really enjoying it. Satisfying gameplay, interesting farm mechanics, and a surprisingly meaningful story. I'm not too worried about not getting Age of Calamity today because I'll be busy with Sakuna anyway. The special edition with the soundtrack and artbook costs the same as a normal 60 dollar game, too, so if you're interested, I really recommend getting the special edition.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm playing this currently, and I'm really enjoying it. Satisfying gameplay, interesting farm mechanics, and a surprisingly meaningful story. I'm not too worried about not getting Age of Calamity today because I'll be busy with Sakuna anyway. The special edition with the soundtrack and artbook costs the same as a normal 60 dollar game, too, so if you're interested, I really recommend getting the special edition.
nice, I'll have to pull the trigger on it one of these days

I don't own a Switch, so that's my primary reason. I'm also more content to simply watch the cutscenes on YouTube since I'm not too interested in the game itself.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Passing on it for now. Most of the gameplay looks good going by the trailers/gameplay previews, but I'm not too keen about the damage-spongey captains/minibosses/whatever. I do like how runes can be used to bombard enemies or stop them dead in their tracks, but it's mainly the inherent button mashing that comes with Musou titles which is stymying my interest. Hyrule Warriors became gradually tedious because of it, sometimes throwing numerous captains at you at once.

Also don't like how cumbersome the Divine Beast sections look. These are probably some of the most crucial bits in the story, but I can't imagine them being too fun to craft, especially against the faster paced gameplay on foot. Just gonna wait to see how others enjoy it first before jumping in, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom