• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds For All You 100% Completers Out There...

I remember when I thought I had practically 100% completed ALBW. It was a happy day... I thought all I had left was some Street Pass challenges and then I was done. But I was wrong. I don't know how many of you have done this, but besides the obvious getting all the items, heart pieces, and maiamais, there's another devious thing Ninitendo has added. I am talking about the...

...TALKING CUCCO.

Yes. I'm considering these needed for a true 100%. It's been confirmed. But how do you get it? It's quite simple you see... all you need to do is survive the Cucco Ranch Endless mini game.

For 999 seconds.

So has anyone done this yet? Look it up if you don't believe me. Prima lists it in their guide. So if you thought you had completed the game, think again ;) And if you HAVE some how managed to unlock it, pics would be appreciated, since VERY few if ANY have even gotten 999 seconds yet. And yes, that's 15 minutes of survival.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't have 15 minutes of patience to suddenly have cucco come from off screen at super speed all headed in a direction to corner me.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
79100-octopus-nope-gif-pdSL.gif

The minigame is very unenjoyable and I can't even make it past the first part... guess I'm not 100%ing this :P

MW7

I can try but I doubt I'll ever reach 999 seconds. This will be just like beating Canary Mary for a second time in Banjo Tooie. I just can't do it so 100% for me is everything else.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I remember when I thought I had practically 100% completed ALBW. It was a happy day... I thought all I had left was some Street Pass challenges and then I was done. But I was wrong. I don't know how many of you have done this, but besides the obvious getting all the items, heart pieces, and maiamais, there's another devious thing Ninitendo has added. I am talking about the...

...TALKING CUCCO.

Yes. I'm considering these needed for a true 100%. It's been confirmed. But how do you get it? It's quite simple you see... all you need to do is survive the Cucco Ranch Endless mini game.

For 999 seconds.

So has anyone done this yet? Look it up if you don't believe me. Prima lists it in their guide. So if you thought you had completed the game, think again ;) And if you HAVE some how managed to unlock it, pics would be appreciated, since VERY few if ANY have even gotten 999 seconds yet. And yes, that's 15 minutes of survival.

I thought I was rather close to finishing it 100% till I found that the lamp and the bug net also could be upgraded. That gave me incentive to keep at this game a bit longer. :D

I love it how a game can still have replay value even after beating the main story.

But I do not think I will ever do 999 on that mini game ..

Surely it got kind of easy once one figured out how to get past 100 seconds.. But with the prize of that being 100 rupees. I just could not be bothered with that any more. I just figured there would be more rupees. And I had already gotten 9999 rupees. And got bored with it..

Nice to know there is more to it though! :D

Edit: On another note. Anyone beat the baseball game with max score?

It should be possible to hit the 5 points jar on every hit, and the bird after ever third 5 point jar. Thus making the maximum score a rather hefty one! :D

Last edited:

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I can try but I doubt I'll ever reach 999 seconds. This will be just like beating Canary Mary for a second time in Banjo Tooie. I just can't do it so 100% for me is everything else.
I know, She is impossible to beat and there is no way I'd reach 999 seconds on the Endless Cucco minigame. I was lucky enough to reach 100.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is very reminiscent of the Cow from Ocarina of Time. That accolade wasn't conceived by many to count towards 100%ing the game so I'm going to say the same for this too.

I will eventually give it a go, but I doubt I'll get close plus I don't have the patience or interest to spend hours on end trying to do it.

Damn, I just got everything else. I only need Street pass battles, but I've upgraded all weapons on my file, can I still get those about ending blow with normal weapon, when I have super weapons only? And then of course I need the cucco 999 seconds. I only barely managed to get 100 seconds. Well... practise...

Yeah, I got the heart piece and that's all I care about. I usually will do a 100% with notable exceptions and this qualifies as one. Imagine getting to like 15 minutes and then getting hit. I will sit this one out because I do not want to see the horrifying evil that will take over my soul if I dared to give this a serious attempt.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
**** that. WHen playing games, you're supposed to enjoy it. Why game developers choose to annoy and frustrate players is beyond me.

And the mini game does just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom