• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fluidity

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
What's happening, forum?

Today I logged on to Club Nintendo for the first time in a few weeks, and I spent 150 of my very low amount of coins on a WiiWare game called Fluidity.

I recall the Nintendo Channel obsessing over Fluidity for quite a few months after it's original debut two years ago, and I wasn't all that interested in it, especially since it cost a whopping 1500 Wii Points. I finally got it via Club Nintendo today as I mentioned before, and I have to say, I love the thing.

It's like a puzzle physics game that relies on skills and smarts at the same time. It's such a great concept and has the greatest water affects that I've ever seen from any video game that's ever been made by any company. Thought Wave Race had great water affects? Think again.

The story of the game is that there's a magical storybook that got corrupted by "The Influence" (which is really just a big container of black ink), and you have to enter it's pages taking the form of water to get rid of The Influence.

The gameplay is simple, yet addicting. You tilt your water around and make it do things. It's really difficult to describe until you see it, so I'll post a video right here:

[video=youtube;qTrG3Nm30aA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrG3Nm30aA[/video]

That was the PAX 2010 trailer for it.

It looks weird, I know. It may look shallow also, but it isn't.

Throughout the game, you collect eight extra abilities that you can give your water pool, such as a gathering ability that make it easier to keep your water together and makes it so you can explode, and a form change ability that allows your water to change into a block of ice which opens up even more gameplay elements than before.

The goal of the game is to collect "Rainbow Drops" that get rid of The Influence, and then you unlock boss levels. There are also puzzle pieces you can get that unlock secret bonus levels to put your skills to the test.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who have played this game, what did you think? Did you like it? Was it worth your money? What is your favorite part?

For those of you who haven't, do you think it looks interesting? Will you consider getting it in the future?

I've heard about Fluidity before but refrained from purchasing it because as you mentioned the mechanics look shallow. That said reviewers have lauded this as one of the better Wii Ware titles out there and your positive opinion reassures me. I'd hate to spend those 150 coins now on the course towards purchasing a golden nunchuk however it seems worth it.

This generation has seen a significant spike in lower budget downloadable titles and developers are more willing to take a risk in this area with lower financial risk. Journey, Flower, and Cave Story come to mind from more obscure developers which have carved a name for themselves but even traditionalists like Nintendo are willing to embrace this fresh approach. The success of the Wii U partially depends on these downloads and Nintendo will have to encourage developers to port games like Limbo as well as downloadable exclusives to its service by producing smaller unique titles of its own.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I downloaded this a while ago and played through most of it but never finished. I really liked it and really found the motion controls to be very fun.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I ahve very little coins, but I got this game after reviews and I LOVE ITTTTT. Best DLC for Wii, just like Journey is the best DLC for PS3

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ah fluidity. The mechanics are so simple, yet it is fun and challenging. I got the demo and I knew I wanted ut. Club nintendo helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom