• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Five Nights at Freddy's movie discussion thread

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
There's like 2 other people on this forum that are interested in this movie, but I need a thread for this month and don't wanna wallpost about this movie too much in ltpw.

We've seen the casting choices already, and recently we got a release date, October 27th (which seems kinda soon imo, only like 6 months? Hope it doesn't feel rushed), and we also got this teaser image:
Fs_p1UdX0AA1R58

My feelings on this are... Mixed. Sure, it's exciting to have some teasers, and it looks like the place is gonna be sitting abandoned? The thing is, I'm nervous that it's hinting at a Gregory/Rockstar Freddy type dynamic and I don't really want any Security Breach influence. Ideally this is hinting that it's gonna mirror 4, culminating in a bite of '83 type event? Feel free to speculate/wish, we don't have a whole lot to go off of rn.

Gorozoron

wild ride
Shaggy Scooby Doo is going to have his vocal cords severed while wearing a fursuit. Hype.

I predicted Vanessa was going to be in this and I was right lol. I thought she was going to be the mysterious "Female Villain" though. It appears... no?
Stupid AU movie where Mrs.Afton is the woman behind the slaughter and William's like a decent human being in this.

Horror movies don't tend to take long to film afaik. The release date seems fine to me.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer

We now have an idea of the plotline :eyes:. Also, Springtrap confirmed! My early speculation based off this trailer is that the kids in the suits will be set up as the villains but at the end it'll turn out that it was William all along. I'll also predict that it'll end with the place burning down.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
The latest reports have the film clocking in at around 3 hours long. Even assuming editing isn't finished, I don't understand why this film won't be any tighter. I feel there is going to be a bunch of exposition that ultimately doesn't matter to the film at hand.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The latest reports have the film clocking in at around 3 hours long. Even assuming editing isn't finished, I don't understand why this film won't be any tighter. I feel there is going to be a bunch of exposition that ultimately doesn't matter to the film at hand.
Yeah I saw that, I like your theory on it. Hopefully it's a lot of backstory fluff on the restaurant, I would enjoy that. More likely is that we're gonna get 45 minutes of backstory on Mike before he finally goes for the job at Freddy's. There's also something about a new "Aunt Jane" character, she might be part of this dragged out exposition we're speculating. Hoping we get a new trailer soon, it's beena couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom