• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fitness and Activity Thread

Ninja

Well well well
Exercise and being active is a great way to stay healthy and fit. What are somethings that are considered active that you enjoy doing?

I used to be 295lbs, and I'm currently down to 203lbs. I previously got down to 165, but I absolutely starved myself and did no lifting, unfortunately I still wasn't satisfied, so I decided to make a chance and start lifting, and I've never felt better. Some of my favorites:

Lifting
We workout about 4-5 times per week, and we break it down by chest/shoulders/triceps, back/biceps, and legs, one a 3 days on 1 day off rotation. We used to do full body three times per week however we loved being in the gym so we changed our routine up a bit.

Hiking
Luckily we have tons of trails nearby, and every other weekend or day that we have together, we will lace up our hiking boots and get some hiking done! It's a great way to meet other people, and generally everyone is friendly on the way up and down the trails.

Running/Biking
I hate running, but Jessie loves it, so every now and then I'll join her and jog a few miles, but I really enjoy biking on my Fuji road bike, even at night. The best cardio is the one you have fun doing. Biking can take you pretty far, and it's neat to see how far you can go.

Events
We also do obstacle races like Tough Mudder. We can only do them once per year as they come, but when they do, it's a fun way to partake in a great challenge, and meet locals as well. The first TM event was the most difficult thing we've done. The final obstacle is called ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY. Basically, you toughen up and run through a series of wires that are filled with at least 10,000 volts of electricity. Once was enough for me. I got hit with about 4 active wires and I blacked out each time. It was very weird, I'd run, get shocked, and wake up at another spot in the obstacle. I've skipped it the last 4 times we've ran the race. Here is a hilarious video of it in action. And here's a couple pictures of us as well:

https://ibb.co/kmJwpQ
https://ibb.co/mMCNUQ

What about ya'll? What do you do to stay active?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
To get the Lynel look I lift 5 days a week and the split is Chest+Shoulders, Back+Forearms, Shoulders+Legs, Bi's+Tris, Shoulders+Back. I subject myself to cardio afterwards which consists of either treadmill, cycling or rowing machine and I do this 4 days a week. I must say I do dislike cardio but it's got to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom