• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fist Fights

Nicole

luke is my wife
I've never gotten into a fist fight. Unfortunately, my future relies to heavily on my having a clean record. However, if the opportunity presented itself where I could knock some deserving guy's or gal's lights out, hell yeah I would take it. This whole non-violence thing is BS, imo. Fight it out, man, that's how all nature works out its problems. Now, mind you, I'm not talking knives or guns - leave that stuff at home. My mom tells me about how kids used to solve their own problems (with their fists) when she was younger. Kids were able to stand up for themselves and work out their own issues without having to be protected by someone else. Of course, in some circumstances adult intervention is necessary, but I think as a general principal, getting into a fist fight isn't necessarily bad.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Never have I ever been in a real first fight. The closest I've ever gotten to one is hitting my brother when I was seven. I'm really the type of person who bottles their emotions up and screams about it into her pillow later. Maybe bottling up emotions is a bad thing, but it's not often that I get that angry anyway.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I've only been in a few physical altercations. Once in junior high, a kid got too close to me after I requested that he not call me a particular derisive nickname. I used my hand to palm his head like a volleyball and introduce the side of his face to the locker bay, then to the floor. Didn't realize he was going to bleed so much (protip: when the kid you've been picking on for the past few years suddenly grows 6 inches and puts on thirty pounds over the summer, shut up).

I've been told that I'm fairly physically intimidating, including by active-duty marines who could probably fold me into a pretzel. But as Sun Tzu taught us, the most perfect victory is one achieved without physical conflict. I've successfully avoided fighting most of my life simply by projecting the appearance that attacking me is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have been involved in a couple of physical fights in the past but I never have been in a fist fight. I don't like them. We all do things we will regret though. But no fist fights for me.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
I've never been one for fights, and I usually try to avoid them.

I've seen some of my friends get stuck in a situation like fist fights, and it's usually due to something involving bullying, or something that's just stupid. Honestly, it makes me sad to see fighting.

As a martial artist for over six years, I hold the rites of self-defense to heart, and that situation is the only situation in which I would act, as some of you guys did in your situations, if any. The damage that could be done in fights can sicken me depending on the severity of the fight, and sometimes, it's just scary.

Despite never actually being in a real fight, I do fear what would happen in that case. I feel as if I would get seriously injured, or my untapped anger reserve will explode. I really don't ever want to hurt others, which is exactly why I'm not big on this kind of thing.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I was involved in a few and used to watch if others were fighting each other. But not anymore, I'm grown up now and know fighting solves nothing. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom