• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fishman

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
remember the fish that always says "Hoy small fry" in windwaker.
the one that looks like a skippyjack and always draws a section of your sea chart when you feed him.
i am currently replaying WW right now, and at the first encounter, he seems to know The King of Red Lions. so that got me a little curious. how does he know him? are they related to the royal family somehow. are they some kind of tribe or a evolution of sime kind of tribe?
ow yeah and he also said at the start "My debt is Repaid". that really caught my attention.
so what you guys think about this?

Ah the Fishman. He/they were quite interesting. They did your map for you, they gave good information (where to go next).

About the main one though, it's interesting. Maybe he has the same powers as the King of Red Lions does and is actually someone transformed?

Maybe the fish-men are reincarnations of soldiers that deserted the King when it started to flood. What I'm saying is this: the soldiers deserted, were killed in the flood, and were reincarnated as fish to pay the price of deserting them, or maybe the goddesses told them to stay in the castle, and they didn't. So that's what I'd make of them.

linkman8

True and Noble
Your theory makes sense, Blackice. By Nintendo standards it may be a bit of a stretch, but ah well.
Perhaps the Fishman simply had a past encounter in which the KoRL saved him? Fairly vague, I know, but that's all I've got. Somehow the two of them have history.

Kybyrian

Well, it looks like a few people were right on the ball here. According to the article Karashimu posted, the Fishmen may have in fact been one of the tribes of Hyrule, and transformed as some sort of punishment.

Also, as stated in the article, one of these fishmen associate with Gillian, who works at the Windfall Island Café. Also, directly from the Zelda Wiki article - "It seems she once had a boyfriend, but that info is TOP SECRET!"

The Fishmen possibly?

the fishman could be the fisherman from oot, like how other characters are also someone ( the king of red lions, mako or watever leaf dude, and that one harp girl)

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Yes I think the fish man is someone transformed into a fish or his powers somehow control fish like the King of Red Lions puts his powers into the form of a boat.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
He could possibly be someone from the royal family but all the pirates with tetra are the royal family they just don't know, anyway he could be one of the honor guards or just another soldier the king of red lions (king of hyrule) transformed him into a fish to help link on his adventures by giving him advice and updating his sea chart.:thinking::nerd:

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
Maybe they are soldiers that were slain by the Darknuts/Moblins in Hyrule Castle.

[Do Not Pay Any Attention To This If You Don't Like Jokes]
They know each other by the beard organization. Thats how King of Red Lions knows Ganon and the fishmen. They all have beards.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I've always figured that they were the decendents of Jabun. About the debt... I have no idea for the time being.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
Oh, the scary fish that gave you the map piece of that curtain area. Maybe the The King of Red Lions saved his life before Link came into the picture. Maybe that's why he said "My debt is repaid". You do have a good point though. It's a mystery. Hey,that should be a side story for Link to solve. :) Quit interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom