• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

...Fishing?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Fly fishing? X3 Hehe.

Link will probably end up saving Zelda by fishing that giant whale thing out of the sky instead of beating Ghirahim/whoever is in charge. XD

Hey, wait a minute, are we talking Link or Hercules here? Were the Golden Gauntlets even invented back then? Because even with Platinum Gauntlets I can see Link having his work cut out for him if he's crazy enough to try fishing that.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I like the fishing in Twilight Princess a whole lot - it's fun just to relax and say 'screw it - right now, I don't want to adventure. I want to catch some fish.' :)

Ocarina of Time, I didn't enjoy fishing as much. In Skyward Sword, with the Wii MotionPlus, I imagine it'll be a heckuva lot of fun!

skybird11

state alchemist
i REALLY hope there is fishing and it plays into the story like in TP when you had to get a fish for the cat so the shopkeeper would be happy enough to sell you the slingshot. but ya, go fishing!

If it includes fishing in the game the controls will most likely be similar to (if not exactly like) that of Twilight Princess. I sure hope there are sky fish swimming about the skies around Skyloft; it's highly doubtful, as we might fish in the world below, not in the sky.

Kazumi

chagy
I'd love it if fishing were included in this game. It was an enjoyable distraction in Twilight Princess (and to a lesser extent Ocarina of Time), even though it was quite limited. I'd enjoy it if there were more options when fishing, such as getting different types of rods and using different types of bait. It would also be interesting if they had some kind of fishing contests as a mini-game. I think that fishing is very fitting for a Zelda game, and I hope that it returns in Skyward Sword.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Fishing would be a great addition to Skyward Sword, especially with the Wii Motion Plus controls. Even if they did use the nunchuck like in Twilight Princess, I would be happy. And in the trailer, above Skyloft, there's a mini island with a waterfall seemingly giving water to Skyloft. Maybe that's a fishing spot!

But if there is fishing, I'm positive there will be fishing in Skyloft. And if there is fishing, I'm pretty sure that fishing will appear in Hyrule as well.

As for types of fish, I'm pretty sure it will be just like Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time. However, it'd be pretty funny if there was Flying Fish there. I could imagine Nintendo pulling something like that. I know I would...

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Heh, yeah, I wasn't serious anyway. Those Power Bracelets are a mystery.

So, back on topic, I just thought of a motion plus addition to the fishing: In TP, the wiimote couldn't be used to its full potential due to being a port. But maybe improved motion could allow to ACTUALLY pull a fish in addition to reeling it in. I'm thinking like Okami, where it was necessary to actually pull the fish (except no brush here). It'd help immersion AND stop it from being a lazy rehash.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Yeah... Okami's fishing was quite challenging, especially with that stress bar ^^

With the motion plus added, it would be much more precise with the movements, too, and not every fish would fight and feel the same (finally) :)

V

Vyzor

I think the fact that MotionPlus is being implemented in, fishing would be an obvious choice Nintendo would put in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom