• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fishing?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see fishing in Skyward Sword. It worked pretty well in Twilight Princess, and I enjoyed it a lot. It could work even better in Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus/Wii Remote Plus.
It would be a nice "minigame" for Skyward Sword. So What do you think? Fishing in Skyward Sword?
Or you have a different opinion?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Fishing in OoT and TP was fun I enjoyed it especially since you got A piece of Heart in OoT and TP because of fishing also that Empty Bottle in the little fishing pond in TP. Fishing would be great but It'll have to some kind of reward within in the Fishing Pond or you get something from the Fishing Pond that lead to another item at least for to want to go to the Fishing Pond

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Meh, fishing was one of the last things I did on my quest to 100% Twilight Princess. But it's still fun! I loved how in the final boss battle with Ganondorf, Link could use the fishing rod as a distraction. Also fishing for the stink fish.

On another note, SS could incorporate fishing to be way more important, like to draw the water boss out of hiding or something. Fishing has remained a constant, so I don't think it's going anywhere!

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Fishing has become some what of a stable in the Zelda series, being included in many of the games. Its something I have come to expect. It worked very well in Ocarina of Time, and got a facelift in Twilight Princess (with the motion controlls, worked out well) it seems a no-brainer that Skyward Sword will feature fishing and with the Wii Motion Plus addon it sould work splendidly!

And who knows maybe we will catch a flying fish? :) (terrible joke, yes I know)

Anubis

The most inactive active
I would love to see fishing in Skyward sword, it was something you always could do when you were bored in OoT and TP. The motion controls would make this really fun. I also hope that the fish you catch has something more important to it, like you need some fish to lure different enemies and animals into a trap.

I would hate to see fishing go. I am hoping that if it's in SS, it is a bit more significance other than a mini game or something you do once for the story. Like some of you have said, I think using the rod in battle would be a cool idea. Having to lure the enemy out of water might be neat.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
And who knows maybe we will catch a flying fish? :) (terrible joke, yes I know)

...The series has so many puns like that, though, that it wouldn't surprise me if there were a gag like that in the game. XD And I just checked - there is a "flying fish" in the Japanese language as well, so it wouldn't be something that was lost in translation.

I'm neutral on fishing as a minigame. I've never bothered trying to catch the Hylian loach and I didn't complete my fish journal in Twilight Princess. Though I did like being able to fish in so many different places outside the fishing hole in Twilight Princess, and I also like the fishing hole as a location. As long as it was optional, I wouldn't mind it being included. I thought it was strange to have two different control methods to reel in fish, though - I'd prefer just one.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I dunno, I was always terrible at fishing and it took me around an hour to catch the stupid fish in TP. :C But it would probably function better in SS, but why not? It might be fun in that one.

Ganondork

goo
SKYLOFT FISHING!!!!! Throw your line over the edge of Skyloft, whatever you catch, is yours :). Maybe he'll catch a hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom