• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Fishing is Coming and Reworked Boss Battles

"During development of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the Nintendo 64, part of the design philosophy revolved around an assumption that players would already have played the previous installment in the series, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The remake looks to change that, letting those not intimately familiar with the franchise have an easier time getting into the game."

MM was my first ever LoZ game, I didn't even know there was a LoZ series when I played it, and I got through the game fine. I'm living breathing proof that change is completely unnecessary.

I just hope the hints are optional as I certainly don't need them. I think part of the fun is the trial and error of trying to figure it all out..but I can see how some people would hate starting over and over due to missing a step. Other than that I think it's cool there will be fishing. I used to love just taking some time off from the main quest in OOT and fishing for awhile. I found it calming. But I guess with the time limit in MM it may not be as relaxing...still a nice addition though.

I just hope the hints are optional as I certainly don't need them. I think part of the fun is the trial and error of trying to figure it all out..but I can see how some people would hate starting over and over due to missing a step. Other than that I think it's cool there will be fishing. I used to love just taking some time off from the main quest in OOT and fishing for awhile. I found it calming. But I guess with the time limit in MM it may not be as relaxing...still a nice addition though.

In Ocarina of Time 3D, the hints were activated by hitting the Sheikah stones so they should be completely optional.

As for fishing, I've always found it boring, so I see it as a unnecessary addition.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I think at this point "Battles" should be singular since it's misleading.

I don't mind the return of fishing, but hope we get something more substantial (i.e. more dungeons and side-quests)......

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
"During development of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the Nintendo 64, part of the design philosophy revolved around an assumption that players would already have played the previous installment in the series, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The remake looks to change that, letting those not intimately familiar with the franchise have an easier time getting into the game."

MM was my first ever LoZ game, I didn't even know there was a LoZ series when I played it, and I got through the game fine. I'm living breathing proof that change is completely unnecessary.

You are but one example of probably many people who played MM before OoT. I don't think just you is enough to make an actual statement about the game.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Haha! The Legend of Link's Distractions starts again! Right when Link doesn't need to be distracted by fishing, he can fish!

Oh I love fishing in Zelda games. I hope it's more like TP lure fishing, though. That was so muh fun. I took a day and a half in-game time in TP just fishing. "Sorry Midna, I gotta catch that Hylian Bass!" Yay distractions!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I find this oddly relevant:
skyrim__main_quest_fail_by_isriana-d4iqkr2.jpg
Still it's super exciting to have fishing. I kind of hope it's out of the Great Bay, and we get more unique fish than we tend to get in the freshwater fishing games we usually get.

The world is going to end. Chaos and destruction is imminent and Link thinks, hmmmm "To hell with all this saving the world, I'll just fish up my dinner".

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
This meme comes to mind instantly

gallery_4_8_13309.jpg

I've always liked the fishing mini-games in the Zelda series though. I've always found them to be... kind of soothing. You can finally get away from the responsibilities and dangers of the outside world. Just think of the extremely soothing music (Kakariko theme) when you were fishing in OoT.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What rewards will we get from Fishing? we don't need zora scales as we can become a zora.. Maybe a boost to zora forcefields? make it so it doesn't drain your magic as fast.... Or make it so the goron can walk underwater with no issues

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
What rewards will we get from Fishing? we don't need zora scales as we can become a zora.. Maybe a boost to zora forcefields? make it so it doesn't drain your magic as fast.... Or make it so the goron can walk underwater with no issues
I hope they do not make it so a goron can walk underwater it would give them an aspect that made zora link special and that's not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom