• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fishing in Skyward Sword?

O

Oceanbear1

So there hasn't been any mention of fishing, and I am not sure how it would fit in because there are few humans on the surface and not much water in the sky, but its a Zelda staple! what do you guys think?

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I wouldn't say fishing is a staple in the Zelda series. It's only been around in a few games, and only necessary in TP, in all the other games it was a mere optional mini game. Though I do think we'll see the fishing pole/fishing in SS. There's a water area AND motion controls- there probably will be.

O

Oceanbear1

I probably only consider it a staple because my first game was OOT and I spent WAY too much time at the fishing area... fond memories...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's only been in two games (three if you count MM's bottling up the fish), aside from any handheld titles, and that wouldn't necessarily make it a staple. More like a pastime or diversion from the main quest if you want to take a break from that.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really like fishing in Zelda games, and I'll miss it in Skyward Sword. However, like Thareous said, it's more of a diversion than a staple. It's definitily fun but not essiential, and it probably wouldn't fit into the game well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom