• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fishing in BotW2?

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
I made a video recently in regards to fishing in BotW2 and how it could work, but I was curious if anyone else had thoughts on the matter?

I really was looking forward to a fishing rod , I would spend alot of time in Zora's domain in twighlight fishing , was a fun way to chill after a big adventure or quest. I'm almost certain we will see additions to activities like that. I hated using bombs and wasting arrows on fish in botw

The Bread Pirate

I really was looking forward to a fishing rod , I would spend alot of time in Zora's domain in twighlight fishing , was a fun way to chill after a big adventure or quest. I'm almost certain we will see additions to activities like that. I hated using bombs and wasting arrows on fish in botw
Amen to that!

What do you think about durability on the fishing rod? It is a hot topic I've seen a lot of debate about.

Amen to that!

What do you think about durability on the fishing rod? It is a hot topic I've seen a lot of debate about.

I guess it depends on how botw2 deals with tools and weapons durability this time around . I didn't mind them breaking but they should have made them more durable , either way I just hope they have a fishing rod lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd prefer to avoid fishing as a minigame. A fishing rod item would be fine as long as it works as simply as it does in games like Animal Crossing. I've always hated the fishing minigames in Zelda, BotW had the best fishing in the series because you aren't constrained to a frustrating tug of war to get a fish that has no use beyond a high score and a heart piece. If they have to do a minigame, please keep it 100% optional, as in the only reward should be rupees and nothing important. I do not want to see fishing return in the capacity it has been in past games.

The Bread Pirate

I'd prefer to avoid fishing as a minigame. A fishing rod item would be fine as long as it works as simply as it does in games like Animal Crossing. I've always hated the fishing minigames in Zelda, BotW had the best fishing in the series because you aren't constrained to a frustrating tug of war to get a fish that has no use beyond a high score and a heart piece. If they have to do a minigame, please keep it 100% optional, as in the only reward should be rupees and nothing important. I do not want to see fishing return in the capacity it has been in past games.

BotW had a lot of great things when it came to fishing, but I don't agree with their exclusion of a fishing rod. Fishing rods allowed for a more relaxing way to play the game and have nostalgic value for a lot of players.

Are you saying you are against fishing rods or against fishing holes? Twilight Princess had a portable fishing rod that could be used outside of the fishing hole. Would a similar system be okay for BotW2 in your opinion?

Except please, for the love of Hylia, don't make them breakable... I'm so sick of crafting.

I agree. Weapons with durability makes sense as a way to limit the player, but breakable fishing rods would be frustrating without any upside!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Are you saying you are against fishing rods or against fishing holes? Twilight Princess had a portable fishing rod that could be used outside of the fishing hole. Would a similar system be okay for BotW2 in your opinion?
Fishing holes. Specifically I am against fishing as a minigame. It has never been fun for me in any Zelda game that has it. It’s fine as a way to gather resources, referring back to my Animal Crossing example. Nice and simple. Cast the lure, press A at the right time, boom you have a fish. That’s all I want. The minute it becomes a tug of war is the minute I want nothing to do with it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ha ha, what's so bad about it being a tug-a-war? I find the Mini-Game element it amusing.
For a supposedly relaxing activity, the tug of war is needlessly frustrating. It’s the opposite of relaxing. And it’s very tedious when hunting for important things like heart pieces. It’s not just in Zelda games, I hate it in any game that uses this kind of minigame for fishing. Animal Crossing has the best and most relaxing fishing in gaming. Zelda could do well to follow its example, especially if they’re introducing fish as resources in botw.

The Bread Pirate

For a supposedly relaxing activity, the tug of war is needlessly frustrating. It’s the opposite of relaxing. And it’s very tedious when hunting for important things like heart pieces. It’s not just in Zelda games, I hate it in any game that uses this kind of minigame for fishing. Animal Crossing has the best and most relaxing fishing in gaming. Zelda could do well to follow its example, especially if they’re introducing fish as resources in botw.

Okay, now I see what you're saying! That's a good point.

I assume you didn't like Twilight Princess's canoe fishing then. :shrugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom