• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Fishing Driving Me Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mystic Jade

Hi !

Ok, I just got Twilight Princess (at last!) and have just started playing it, but OMG is the fishing driving me nuts or what!!! Ok, I may be useless and you may be thinking I am useless and I usually am at the start of a game until I get into it but......has anyone any fishing tips please?? It's the start of the game and I have to catch a fish to feed the cat to open the shop to buy the slingshot to help the kids etc etc etc....and I cast, I bob, I sit and wait, I do it all again and not one fish bites-AAaaaGGGhhhhhHHH!!!!!!! Can I skip this bit? Is there another way to advance the game or do I have to just sit there and fall asleep while a fish decides to bite?? Advice please (friendly advice only-I know I am useless already without anyone rubbing it in!).

Thanking you!

Mystic Jade :S

Pen

The game is on!
To fish with the very first rod you get, you just throw it into the water and wait for a fish to pull the string, it is quite obvious really.
When it does, just hold the rod upwards until the fish is out of the water!! :D

EDIT: Shouldn't this thread be put in "Zelda Game Help"? :huh:

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Throw it in the water then wait for the bit (when the blobbler or whatever it is goes down into the green) then pull back on the wii mote or c-stick.

Beeker

Wild Card
I always wait for the red section of the bobber to fall below the surface (so pretty much the whole thing is submerged). When you see that happen, pull up the Wii Remote or whatever you have to do for the GC version *never played that one*

Oh, and make sure it's cast out all the way. That helps too. I had this EXACT same problem when I first played the game and these things helped me. ^^

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
If you still need help I think you knock down a beehive near that guy across from the shop. It gives you bee larva which acts as bait.

you dont need the bait but you might just be fishing in the wrong spot.make sure your fishing on the dock where the cat is standing if you cant find it try following these directions:
follow where the little stream is at next to the water wheel is a bridge.go over the bridge and on the left side(wii version)of the house is a dock thats where you fish and it wont take any longer than 10 seconds.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is really easy to fish in TP! I had troubles too in the beginning but once you figure it out it is very easy. It is very simple: When you have taken out your Fishing Rod and start to fish keep an eye on the fish in the water. Once your Bobber (sp?) goes down or disappears a slightly bit lift your controller up. If everything goes as planned you will get the message: Fish on. You don't have to press any buttons like often has been said because I never do and I always catch fish in just a few seconds. You must lift the controller vertically up like a real Rod.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
What you need to do is hold the rod at the exact positions that makes the bobberstand up alone. This makes the fish bites much mor perceptible (to me)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yeah, Mystic Jade. Wait until the lure goes all the way down in the water (or close to it) then you can whip the Wii Remote up (You ARE playing on the wii, right?) and you might have a fish on the line. A sentence will appear on the screen saying, "FISH ON!" and you just hold the wii remote upward until Link pulls up your fishy friend. Hope I helped!

(Alternatively, if you're playing on a GC, hold the C stick down and Link will do all the reeling in.)

And just for anyone who might look in here looking for help fishing at the fishing hole - it's completely different.

M

Mystic Jade

;)Hey guys thank you all so much!

OK, I will give all your tips a go tonight and will let you know if I catch a big one! It has to happen some time :bleh:

Mystic Jade :angel:

Ok at last fish have been caught and that cat had been fed and now the children are pleased because I got a slingshot! My fish was 11 inches-is that supposed to be big?? I can't thank you all enough for your help, could not have done it without you! You see, I was treating it like real fishing and just sitting there, waiting...and waiting...and waiting, thinking that eventually a fish would wobble my rod but thanks to you guys I actually realised you had to pull the rod first before the fish would bite. Oh really please don't think I'm stupid! At last I can move on with the game and yeah its the Wii one as this was much cheaper than the Gamecube version!

Happy playing y'all!

Mystic Jade

Ok at last fish have been caught and that cat had been fed and now the children are pleased because I got a slingshot! My fish was 11 inches-is that supposed to be big??:P I can't thank you all enough for your help, could not have done it without you! You see, I was treating it like real fishing and just sitting there, waiting...and waiting...and waiting, thinking that eventually a fish would wobble my rod but thanks to you guys I actually realised you had to pull the rod first before the fish would bite. Oh really please don't think I'm stupid:S! At last I can move on with the game and yeah its the Wii one as this was much cheaper than the Gamecube version!

Happy playing y'all!:clap:

Mystic Jade

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after you get a pole When you get that you put in the water when you see it going down or tugging you just lift your hand or wii remote and you have got yourself a fisH!!!

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
Well just wait till the red peice of the pole goes down or startes to jig pull it up as soon as you see that then you have a fish! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom