• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Zelda Released in Your Lifetime?

M

Medix

Born in 1993, Link's Awakening, that's also my favourite Zelda. Coincidence?

The first game i was born at the date of release was Oot but the first zelda i played was LtTP. I actually played Oot for the first time 2 months ago and thought it was great but still love LtTP more.

I don't think Game Genie had any uses for the Zelda titles. I just remember I could do loads of crap in the Super Mario Bros. games with it. I don't think it had any Zelda uses, or at least, I don't recall using it for Zelda, myself.

Ah yes. I've been alive for the release of all the games too. I started playing Zelda games using the GG when I was about eight or so. Downloaded them on the VC about a month ago, and thought they'd be downright impossible without the GG. I was very wrong. Not easy games, but definitely doable. :D

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
I was born when ALttP came out, but only a year old. I first played OoT in '98 or '99, and LA and ALttp soon after that.

Being born in 1984, The original Legend of Zelda came out when I was a baby. I feel old when others say OoT..

Adventure of Link was the first game I actually played though. I instantly fell in love with the series, though I couldn't even make it to the first dungeon. I would just roam around killing things. It wasn't until A Link to the Past when I really got into the series and was able to complete a game on my own.

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Seeing how I was born in September 1997, mine would be Link's Awakening DX. The funny thing is, LA/LADX is my 2nd favorite Zelda (1st being TP). I, however did NOT grow up on Zelda. Heck, I didn't grow up on video games AT ALL. My 1st game console was a fat PS2 that I got for my 9th birthday. I got an Xbox soon after. Due to this, I grew up (somewhat) on Halo, Guitar Hero, and LEGO Star Wars. I was not introduced to Zelda until I got Twilight Princess on Wii in February 2009. I wasn't really hooked until September of that year, when I actually started really playing it

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
November 21st, 1995, Ocarina of Time was released on my 3rd birthday (lol, The 3rd Birthday). Maybe that's why I fanboy over it...

I

IlikeBacon

A Link to the Past for me. Oddly, it's the only Zelda game that I have that I have yet to beat.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Although it was already out in Japan, AoL had not been released here or in Europe, so I will consider that one to be the first Zelda game to be released after I was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom