• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Zelda Released in Your Lifetime?

ALttP came out a year after I was born. I played it not much longer afterwards. I was not very into it at that time. I certainly love that game now though.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was born in 1988, so ALttP was released when I was 3. I got an SNES when I was 5, but I overlooked this title for several years. So the first Zelda game I ever played was OoT, and I got ALttP when I was looking for a new SNES game after I realized I just couldn't take any more of the N64's choppy 3D.

I was born 8 months before the North American release of AoL, but that may not count since the Japanese release was a year earlier.

Z

zeldamaster2

oot was the first zelda realesed in my lifetime.

its also my favorite ;)

W

WarpPhantom123

My first was Majoras Mask in 2000. I never played it though. My first Zelda game was Phantom HourGlass, Then Twilight Princess, Then Ocarina of Time, Then WindWaker, Then A link To the Past, Then Spirit Tracks.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game to come out in after I was born. I've beat more times than any Zelda game, about 7 times

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I was born a few days before Link's Awakening was released. But the first Zelda game that i played, meet and enjoyed was Ocarina of Time. I also played Mario kart 64, Starfox 64 and the original Smash Brothers. That's all i can remember at the time, Since education was a must in those years so i barely played.

But during summer vacation is where i go nuts. I play non-stop and if i get stuck i play until i beat the obstacle. Ahh those were the days..

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I was around 10 or 11 whenever the first Legend of Zelda was released. The kid who lived across the street from me (he was 8) got it before I did, so I got to play it a little over there before my parents got it for me. It had been out maybe a month at the most whenever I got it.

Unfortunately, despite being 10 years older than the Zelda franchise, I've only played through 4 of them (LoZ, AoL, OoT, and MM).

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
The first game released in my lifetime was OoT, although I never actually played or had even heard of it until a couple years ago. Despite my age though, I was lucky enough for aLttP to be my very first Zelda game (granted it was the GBA remake...).

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Link's Awakening came out a year and four months after I was born. =)
I grew up playing the NES games for a long time, though, since we didn't have an SNES or a Gameboy and got the N64 a year or two after it was released.

L

lemsklex

For me, it was OoT, and I played once at my cousin's house, but I didn't like it. Then my aunt got Majora's Mask, and I played that for an hour, but I didn't like it much either (though it would eventually be one of my favourites...). Then Wind Waker came out, my brother bought it, and he played it all day and night, with me just sitting there watching him. That was the first Zelda game I really enjoyed playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom