• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Video Game You Remember Playing

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It was either Ocarina of Time or Banjo Kazooie. I'm inclined to think it was OOT. I know the first video game I watched being played was Ocarina of Time and it was that which made me want to get a N64.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh man this is going to make me feel old. But first video game I ever played was either Pong or Air Hockey. My uncle had the now ancient game console and me and my siblings loved it. In that time it was revolution. Now it is like looking back at the stone age. Great memories though.

MW7

I think it was Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. Both were out before I was born, and my family had them.

Mido

Version 1
Looking back, I truly owe my uncle for exposing me to video games with the SNES and N64. While I surmise that the first game I ever played was Super Mario 64, I can't quite put my finger on which game I remember first playing. StarFox 64 may have been the game, but for the sake of variety, I will include a few more spicy dishes:

StarFox 64
Super Mario 64, Super Mario All-Stars, Mario Paint, Mario is Missing
Batman Forever
Snowboard Kids 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country
Diddy Kong Racing
Mystical Ninja 2
Super Bomberman 1 and 2, along with 64
...and for a few bonus games: Power Stone, Sonic Adventure, SEGA Bass Fishing

Good times, to say the least!

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
My first game that I played as kid was game called Dog's Life for PS2. It was fun game were you played as dog named Jake and your mission was to rescue your loved one from cat food factory. I loved that game so much and I still have that game and you could even poop or pee in that game.

Lots of DOS games. I don't exactly remember which one was the first I tried, or what most of their names were, but one that stood out to me was Commander Keen 4 which I loved to death.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
The first game I ever played was a game for the Atari 2600 called Big Bird's Egg Catch. It's as exiting as it sounds. Eggs fall from the top of the screen, and you (Big Bird, of Sesame Street fame) catch the egg in a nest on your head.

I barely remember it, because I must have been like 2 years old, but I definitely remember it.

In fact, I just looked it up, and here's a lovely little video of it.

Well I learned how to read when I was around 4 using a computer program called Reader Rabbit, iirc. (Oddly enough I don't think I was even forced to play it)

I played Reader Rabbit as well.

D

Deleted member 81859

The first real game I ever encountered was Twilight Princess. I still remember seeing Hyrule Field for the first time, and the feeling I had when the overworld theme began. It was like my heart was swelling because it knew I had found something special. It has left a huge impact on me.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom