• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess First TP Playthrough.

I just bought my Wii yesterday. I bought it just for Skyward sword, and decided to buy TP. So far I'm liking it alot. Why do I hear such bad things about it? Lol. It's totally awesome, I think. and a welcome return to Zelda games for me. I grew up with Link and Zelda, but as an adult feels great to be back. Any pointers in TP for a 1st timer?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Twilight Princess isn't a bad game, I'm sure even those who complain agree. The main arguments are that it's too easy and that it's too much like Ocarina of Time.

The best tips I could give you for the first playthough is to make sure you get used to the controls before fighting and to make sure you're holding the nunchuck in the right position when doing a shield attack. I've had some problems with Link randomly doing shield attack when I don't want him to and not attacking when I want him to.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I don't think that people think that it is a bad game in general but rather a bad game compared to other zelda titles.

It's a good game so have fun with it.

Adam

Undefeated
there is another thread currently talking about this but i think most people believe it did not live up to the expectations of the trailers or what people wanted from it. its a great game, but its very big and very short in my opinion. the games today are vastly different then 25 years ago and i think some people just don't cope as well as others. most of the bad rep you hear about TP may be from serious fanboys who have a hard time realizing every game can't be perfect. and yes even people who complain agree it wasn't a bad game. but there were disappointments.

i'm sure you will enjoy it!

F

Fyrus

Welcome back to Zelda Dekunub. I am also playing through TP for the first time. For the little I have played I have found the game very enjoyable. The Wii remote and nun chuck add a different experience to the game mechanics for sure. Which makes me excited for the release of SS. Although like Adam and many other posters have mentioned that the game was overhyped. Everyone was expecting it to be bigger than what it is, also the controls for the Wii are not as accurate.

But other than that i is a Zelda title and you can not go wrong with any title from the series. Anyways good luck with your adventure.

So far I am really enjying the game myself. And I did notice some of the OOT cross overs. first a forest temple..now I'm on death mountain, trying to figure this dungeon out. I am assuming I will deal with Zoras next. Lol. The graphics are beautiful, I like the gameplay mechanics to. But thanks to everyone who replied to me. Im omw to another thread involving TP. I am wondering which 'time line' this follows.

I already finished the game and I loved it. I was stuck for the longest time on battling King Bulblin.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
I like it, but its not the best. I am with all those people who think it is far too easy and way too much like OoT. All the bosses are huge and they are little to no threat at all.

My best tip would be to use the hidden skills alot, just slashing normaly gets really bad when you meet enemies deeper into the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom