• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First time Zelda player; very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Woah, back up the horses there, JJ. Has no merit? He is free to express whatever opinion he has. This is just a video game series and not everyone is going to like it, and that's fine. He's been respectful overall in this thread. It's okay to disagree with someone, and I certainly don't agree with a lot of his complaints, but lets not belittle them, please.

"It's his opinion, hurrrrr." That's such a cop-out. He said that A Link to the Past got more restrictive in the second half, which is objectively false. I have every right to say his statement had no merit because it didn't have any, and there's no argument against that.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
"It's his opinion, hurrrrr." That's such a cop-out. He said that A Link to the Past got more restrictive in the second half, which is objectively false. I have every right to say his statement had no merit because it didn't have any, and there's no argument against that.

To Be fair, thedruid hadn't yet gotten to the openworld part of aLttP when they said it was linear, and from what they could see was a numbered map of dungeons. Why wouldn't they think the game got more restrictive unless they realized it could be completed in any order.

JuicieJ, when I got to the point where I needed to free the maidens, eventually I traveled to the ice palace, and for the life of me I could not find a way to get in. Is there a way, without using the titan's mitts? I then went west to the swamp and also couldn't find a way in (I hadn't yet obtained the ocarina). I assumed, erroneously, that I had to do the dungeons in the correct order. In any case, that's the impression a first time player will get.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
JuicieJ, when I got to the point where I needed to free the maidens, eventually I traveled to the ice palace, and for the life of me I could not find a way to get in. Is there a way, without using the titan's mitts? I then went west to the swamp and also couldn't find a way in (I hadn't yet obtained the ocarina). I assumed, erroneously, that I had to do the dungeons in the correct order. In any case, that's the impression a first time player will get.

I understand that, but I just wanted you to know that you don't have to.

As for entering the dungeons, I'm not sure about these things, as I haven't played the game in quite some time. Zelda Dungeon has a guide for the game, though, so you could check that.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Zelda Dungeon has very good walkthroughs on the main site, so I recommend looking there. I think this thread has lost its merit as you have found your nonlinear Zelda game, so I am locking it. If you'd like it to be unlocked for some reason, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom