• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Time Zelda Experience

So I was reading over the forums and so this thread asking about your first game and so well mine wasn't zelda but ever since ocarina of time i wanted to play it and one day i did play zelda it was majora's mask but it was on my cousin's file and i only got to walk to steps before getting the whole zelda experience years later the gamecube entered my life and my dad rented random games from time to time, one of those times was Wind Waker and so im gonna say it at first i hated it because of the opening scene that i now love from the slowness of that scene to the music itself but i could not stop playing for one reason or another the more i played it the more i liked it, it was not until many years later that i found out that there was a gamecube version of ocarina of time and majora's mask that my love for the zelda series grew, yeah i wasnt a BIg zelda fan just because of wind waker but after ocarina of time wind waker made more sence and loved Zelda forever more...

~Wow that was longer than expected~

Now you post your experiences...

What was your first zelda game?
What was your first impression?
and so on...:)

My first Zelda experiance was ALTTP and it was amazing. The 16 bit glory :D then later decided to play other great Zelda tittles

one word. "redeads."
will forever rape me of my childhood. omffgiousdhi... i couldn't play zelda after that. they're the scariest things ever, resident evil and left4dead got nuthin' on redeads!

one word. "redeads."
will forever rape me of my childhood. omffgiousdhi... i couldn't play zelda after that. they're the scariest things ever, resident evil and left4dead got nuthin' on redeads!
Sadly i was not a child my the time of the ocarina redeads so i did nit find them scary :(

My first Zelda experience was watching my neighbor play the original Zelda on the NES. It looked interesting, but I really didn't get into it till I saw the SNES Zelda being played at the same neighbors place. I wanted to get ahold of my own copy of A Link to the Past and to this day it is my favorite Zelda game out there. I have tried beating it in so many different ways.

i used to watch my brother play oot on his n64. i could watch him for hours and when he took a break, i played on my own save file. i only got to the fire temple, i remember. but iv beaten it since then :)

MW7

I was about five years old when I started playing Link's Awakening. I made it to the second dungeon but was stuck there for about 2-3 years. So after I while I just started replaying the first dungeon over and over, but eventually I figured out what I was missing in the second dungeon. If you're curious I didn't realize that magic powder was used to light torches, and having never played a Zelda game before I didn't realize that lighting torches was a puzzle to open doors. Plus I was 5 years old anyway. Then I got Ocarina of Time a few years later and breezed through it; Link's Awakening is a tough first Zelda game.

My first Zelda experience was with Ocarina of Time.
I didn't know what to expect and I've heard nothing but good things. I really.wanted to try it out for myself.
I was of course amazing and was hooked. It became my favorite series of all time.

I remember the very first time I ever saw The Legend of Zelda. It was way back in the 80s. I was over at my babysitter's house, and I didn't really know what it was, but I remember the music vividly. and I remember the character select screen. (or save file screen) and their being a red guy, a blue guy, and a green guy. I always thought the red one was coolest. (I didn't know much about Zelda rings..) that's just my first memory. Then a few years later, when I was in the second grade I got Zelda for xmas...and was hooked ever since.

ElementalChaos

Hylian Pony
My brother got a bonus for preordering Wind Waker when it first came out, and it was a Gamecube disk including OoT and Master Quest, along with some game demos. That was the first Zelda game I ever played. The first time I played it, I got the sword but never managed to get enough Rupees to buy a shield, and kept trying to go past the guy who blocks the exit to the forest. I was only 5 at this time.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
The first zelda game I ever played as the first one on NES.
My dad owns one.
My reaction was:
"OMG, What am I supposed to do?!?!" *walks into cave* "Mmmmkay, sword." "Now Im stuck again :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom