• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Three Heart Challenge

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
First Three Heart Challenge (now changed)

:hmm: im also kinda nervous too. I saw a similar post in the classic zelda forum and decided to do the same here. Some of the rules im thinking of placing upon myself is

only 3 hearts (duhh) (now changed to only hearts from bosses :mad:)
no deaths
have to beat the 8th dungeon BEFORE the 7th one
no trading sequence
no secret seashells
can get pieces of hearts but i HAVE to stop at 3
can only use items when i seriously have to to proceed through a dungeon
i cannot get any pieces of power or guardian acorns
i also cannot get the secret potion and
i cannot use a shield unless i truly HAVE to
cannot teleport
cannot use any items on dethl except for the powder (i KNOW im gonna regret this lol)

Anything else i should add?

Ill also keep a journal of what ive done over the days.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just a tip, but try to edit your posts instead of double posting.

You SHOULD get the Pieces of Power, they help immensely. I like your idea of no shielding, because I'm doing the same in Ocarina of Time. Well, go for it! LA is a bit hard for a 3HC, but you'll get through it! Good luck and have fun!

T

TheWindFish

I came on here to wish you good luck on Dethl but then I read your post again and it said that you were going to use the Feather for evasion. Even so, Good luck on Dethl. My only suggestion would be to treat the Feather like every other item, only used to advance into the game and not for evasion. You're already going all out, why not take it that step further? I would really be impressed by that since the feather can really get you out of some sticky situations.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
Alright, i wont use the feather unless i need to advance further into a dungeon. But i will use it for Dethl. his last form is almost impossible without a feather and even with a feather its still really hard

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
Alright im pretty bummed right now. I got through the first dungeon just fine but when i got to the boss and killed him the door didnt open when i killed him :mad: So since the developers apparently made links awakening a game where you cant do a 3 heart challenge im just gonna do a challenge where i have all of my restrictions on and a few more since im gettin the heart containers from the bosses couse i apparently HAVE to to proceed with the game which is pretty lame.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You have to get the hearts in LA? I didn't know that. I hope you get through with your INSANE restrictions-challenge.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
yea try it! get through the first temple and kill the boss but WAIT before you pick up the heart container. the door wont open to the next room.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
That sounds awesome.
Do you not need the magnifying glass?
I'm just confused.

But good luck! That sounds impossible, but where there's a will there's a way, I suppose.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
lol thanks! whats the magnifying glass? and lol it does kinda sound impossible, i was thinkin of goin through the game with no sword too but i just thought that would be too hard.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think that you get the mag glass from the trading sequence and you need it to read the directions to navigate the wind fish's egg.

It doesn't change the difficulty of your run to have it (unless wandering around the egg aimlessly counts as a challenge).

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
I think that you get the mag glass from the trading sequence and you need it to read the directions to navigate the wind fish's egg.

It doesn't change the difficulty of your run to have it (unless wandering around the egg aimlessly counts as a challenge).

I know the four different ways to get through the wind fishes egg by heart so i wont need to get the magnifying glass. (if your wondering how i know this i looked up a guide lol ;))

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Whoa. That sounds like an intense play through. You must be very skilled at LA and/or have the game embedded into your mind! haha.
Good luck! =)

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
Ok so i have just beaten the second dungeon and i have gotten to the third dungeon pretty easily. I had a little trouble getting to the third dungeon because i didnt have any bombs so i couldnt get one of the golden leaves in the castle needed to proceed with the game. So i had to walk ALL the way back to the town buy some bombs and walk ALL the way back to the castle and get the last 2 golden leaves. So far i think this challenge is pretty easy. The second and first dungeon didnt prove much of a challenge to me. Hopefully the third one with be harder :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom