• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Spirit Tracks Commercial

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
For some reason, that reminds me of a GBA Zelda commercial in which someone rides a subway, but they then realise that he's saving the train as an old man tells him if he's up to the quest or something like that. Yet, yeah, it appears as if they're reusing materials. Hey, it is at least not a rap. :P

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
For some reason, that reminds me of a GBA Zelda commercial in which someone rides a subway, but they then realise that he's saving the train as an old man tells him if he's up to the quest or something like that. Yet, yeah, it appears as if they're reusing materials. Hey, it is at least not a rap. :P

Qua? What exactly do you mean by that?

I've decided my favourite Zelda reference in the ad would be the subway stations map changing to one of the ST Maps.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I just caught this over on Gametrailers while waiting for another video to load. It took me a second to realize what I was watching as I normally glaze over the ads.

It's a good little commercial, but it's definitely not the best of their Zelda ads. I really did like the Hyrule Map probably the best for some reason. Overall, as mentioned above, it reminds me of previous Nintendo ads of a similar nature where reality gets transformed into that of a game.

I'm just glad in the end that they've gone back to ads with production value as opposed to that chunk of Wii game ads where it's just gameplay footage and families / age groups playing the game who normally wouldn't as if it were the most fun they've ever had in their lives. (The Metroid Prime 3 ad comes most to mind in this case...)

EDIT - Just watched it a couple more times. I can't make out the rest of the graphitti, but it's cool they have the Triforce scrawled on the side of the seats in the non-Hyrulean subway.

Also, seeing the nice renders of Zelda and the Phantom just whets my appetite for a new console WW style game. I'd love to see a highly rendered game in the old WW style on the big, non-handheld screens again. Something tells me not to hold my breath though...

Last edited:

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I like the Triforce graffiti, and the busker playing the Spirit Pipes was cool as well.
The guy reading the "Hyrule Times" was funny, I had no idea they had a newspaper... :P

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
They've never actually had any Zelda advertisements in my country that I remember, and i've never felt the need to check the ads online, so this is my second Zelda themed ad i've ever seen.

So I have nothing to compare it to.

I like the commercial, it's pretty cool, good idea, but it kind of reminds me of some other game commercial I saw recently, but I forgot the name.

I think Nintendo's been watching a little bit too much Harry Potter lately.

It's not that bad, but it's not that good either. I still like the European commercial better for some reason.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I like it, better then some I've seen before. The Zelda references and the door opening up to Hyrule was that best parts to me. The CG of Zelda and the Phantom were kind of neat, but didn't flow very well to me.

I would have liked it if it wasn't similar to other commercials before, though it is fitting because of nature of the game. It still is a bit redundant to me. I need to go and see the European commercial.;)

D

dungeonmaster

cool

Iy would be so weird but awesome for that to happend to you. i would be amazed if that happend.o_O:)o.o cool

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
I agree with Shadsie, I was creeped out when I saw Zelda die (I think its more of a soul seperation instead of a death). At first I really didn't like this commercial but now once I noticed all the references to the game I'm starting to like it. Her eyes pleading to you staring into your soul. *shudders*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom