• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Shiny Pokemon?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
When I was playing a Pokemon game for the very first time - Emerald version on emulator - I ran across a blue Trapinch in the sand tower. I didn't know what to make of it at the time so I just killed it. Of course, I beat myself up afterwards when I looked up what the deal with it was on Bulbapedia...

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Red Gyarados in the original Gold. Other than that, I've never actually saw, or had the opportunity to catch another Shiny Pokemon.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I just recently got my first shiny Pokemon. It was at the beginning of my latest (2nd) Soul Silver play through. And by beginning, I mean the shiny was the first Pokemon I actually caught in this playthrough xD It was a Sentret, now evolved to a Furret. I nicknamed it the same name as my best friend :3

Deku

...But I ain't no scrub.
Nabbed a shiny Donphan in HG as my first :) It's unfortunate though, as I had already beaten the Elite Four by then... I'd really love to raise one from a low level.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I... can't believe I'm not alone lol. Other than pokegenning, or trading with people who cheated, I've never actually seen a wild shiny.

Deku

...But I ain't no scrub.
Don't feel too bad - I've been playing the Pokemon games for 15 years, and I've only ever seen two. Saw my first three years ago, and my second this year.

I've only ever encountered one shiny pokemon many years ago. I believe it was a Sentret in one of the early routes during my first playthrough of Silver. I remember the "glimmer" effect when the pokemon appeared, but at the time I had no idea what it meant! I let it go, but remembered the strange glimmering animation and only learned about shiny pokemon a few years later. I haven't encountered any since.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Technically, it was a shiny Cacturne (I think it's called that), but we accidentally killed mesprit right after we caught it so we had to undo the game. We forgot to save. Hate it when that happens.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
The first shiny I've seen was the Espeon owned by yh Kimono Girl in Gold Version. Didn't even know it was shiny. The first one I caught was a Zubat in Ruby Version. Fresh from Granite Cave. Then it eventually evolved into Crobat. Lol pink Crobat.

I find it to be strange how unimportant shinies have become. With all all sorts of hacked shinies floating around it seems that they're just not impressive anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom