• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Pokemon Stories!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My first experience was when I unintentionally stole the game from one of my friends (and then later less intentionally). It was Ruby and I loved the hell out of it even though I had no clue how to play.

I started with Treecko, who I cleverly named KO, and used him to oneshot everything because "he's able to kill this thing, why would I swap into something weaker?" Somehow I made it to the later end of the game using this method, until I ran into Wally and his Altaria that Flamethrower'd me to death, and my level 15 and 20 pokemon didn't stand a chance. I got frustrated and sold the game.

My first shiny was technically a Roselia when I went back to play Emerald for some nostalgia. My idiot brain, though, thought shinies were only in newer games, so I was confused why this Roselia had different colored roses. I killed it and said out loud to my friend "I think that Roselia looked weird."

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
My first shiny was technically a Roselia when I went back to play Emerald for some nostalgia. My idiot brain, though, thought shinies were only in newer games, so I was confused why this Roselia had different colored roses. I killed it and said out loud to my friend "I think that Roselia looked weird."

NOOO Shiny Roselia / Roserade are some of my favorites! Rest in peace you beautiful funeral flower.

I've actually spoken to a lot of people who killed a shiny on accident because they just didn't know any better, or because it looked too similar to the real thing and they were "A" mashing. My heart goes out to you!

Reactions: Doc
Pretty sure that my first experience with Pokemon was playing the minigames on Stadium 1 & 2. Pokemon snap would've also been around the time that I played the crap out of.

First shiny, not including the Gyarados given to you on the lake of rage, was a Foongus in Black & White. 99% sure I've still got it somewhere but I didn't end up using it for my team because I wasn't keen on the design. Still a jaw dropping moment like "oh my god it's a shiny".

Pen

The game is on!
My first video game was Pokémon Pinball on the Gameboy Color. I can't remember if it was that game or the anime that introduced me to the franchise since it must have been around the same time.

My first main series game though was Crystal, where I chose Cyndaquill as my starter so that was my first Pokémon and is still very special to me. ^^

Also not counting the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, the first shiny Pokémon that I found (and caught) was a Geodude in Oreburg Mine in Pokémon Pearl. Because shiny Geodude is golden I used to think that all shiny Pokémon were just gold, since I wasn't aware the red Gyarados was shiny. cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom